Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

Bringing up penalties in a game where one team DOMINATED is ridiculous.

Correct.

What a great game by the Chiefs!

Oh, look who showed up. yay

Bringing up penalties in a game where one team DOMINATED is ridiculous.

It's fine that you don't have the experience to discuss poor officiating. No need to be a child about it, though.
  • Like 1

From USA Today:

"There's no conspiracy. There's no Commissioner Roger Goodell hitting a button that connected directly to the cerebral cortex of the refs that caused them to punish the Chiefs. It was none of that. It was a normal NFL problem that's been one for years.

The inconsistency of NFL officiating is the issue. One week, such as the NFC Championship game between the Buccaneers and Packers, the officials let them basically clobber each other. It was UFC fight in that game.

Then, a week later, the rules seem to change. Things are called much tighter. This is a weekly thing in the NFL and has long been a problem."

No whining. Just simple observation of what transpired.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4431555001

Edited by goose

From USA Today:

"There's no conspiracy. There's no Commissioner Roger Goodell hitting a button that connected directly to the cerebral cortex of the refs that caused them to punish the Chiefs. It was none of that. It was a normal NFL problem that's been one for years.

The inconsistency of NFL officiating is the issue. One week, such as the NFC Championship game between the Buccaneers and Packers, the officials let them basically clobber each other. It was UFC fight in that game.

Then, a week later, the rules seem to change. Things are called much tighter. This is a weekly thing in the NFL and has long been a problem."

If that's truly the case, vs someone's opinion, the Chiefs failed to change their style of play and adapt to the tighter calls. Yet another failure on their part.

• Like 2

From USA Today:

If that's truly the case, vs someone's opinion, the Chiefs failed to change their style of play and adapt to the tighter calls. Yet another failure on their part.

No doubt. I'm sure they knew that Head Ref Cheffer's crew led the league in flags per game. Andy Reed referenced it pre-game. Yet, it is the Super Bowl, and one would expect more prudent use of the flag. Also, you'd expect it to be more balanced with things like holding, which you can call on every play if you want to.

ETA: This is far from one person's opinion. It has become a major discussion point post-game.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

I don't think it changed the ultimate outcome, as TB had a great defensive scheme. But the officiating certainly affected the overall quality of the game.
  • Like 1

I don't think it changed the ultimate outcome, as TB had a great defensive scheme. But the officiating certainly affected the overall quality of the game.

And it definitely changed the outcome of the first half, leading to an overturning of an INT, and the late 2nd qtr TD. Take away those plays and it's pretty much an even game at the half rather than one where KC had to make up a sizable deficit.

And it definitely changed the outcome of the first half, leading to an overturning of an INT, and the late 2nd qtr TD. Take away those plays and it's pretty much an even game at the half rather than one where KC had to make up a sizable deficit.

The prior Super Bowl record for first downs off penalties was four for an entire game. The Bucs were awarded six in the first half.
  • Like 2

I kept thinking the officials were making bad calls into I was the replays. Each time Kansas City did commit the foul. It may have been just barely committed, but it was, and KC never adapted to the officiating crew's patterns, which was fatal.

Regardless Mahomes was running for his life all game. I read that he broke the record for most yards run before throwing a pass. TB defense was relentless. Complaining about the refs is a past time that all fans partake in. Fact is TB won this game.
  • Like 2

I kept thinking the officials were making bad calls into I was the replays. Each time Kansas City did commit the foul. It may have been just barely committed, but it was, and KC never adapted to the officiating crew's patterns, which was fatal.

It's difficult to adapt to a standard that is not representative of the league you play in. Tampa was the better team, for sure. But that doesn't preclude criticism of the officiating being valid. It was inexcusably bad.
  • Like 1

Regardless Mahomes was running for his life all game. I read that he broke the record for most yards run before throwing a pass. TB defense was relentless. Complaining about the refs is a past time that all fans partake in. Fact is TB won this game.

The Chiefs' offensive line would have had its hands full at full strength. Missing two key players, they had little chance. TB defense is loaded with talent.
  • Like 4

The Chiefs' offensive line would have had its hands full at full strength. Missing two key players, they had little chance. TB defense is loaded with talent.

It was actually sad towards the end, watching Mahomes darting about like a lure in a coursing contest. I wonder how well Tampa Bay would have handled, say Fran Tarkenton. For me, he was the king of ducking and dodging pass rushers.

What a disappointment (for the Chiefs fans). Yes, the refs were excessive, but the Chiefs had no answer for the weak o-line, the receivers dropped a couple of balls that hit them in the face, the punter decided to have his rookie jitters at the worst possible time, the d-line couldn't get any pressure, etc., etc. What was with the two timeouts just before the half? This was like some Andy Reid throwback clock management.

Basically, it was a cascade of the worst combination of things at exactly the wrong historical moment.

The saddest words of tongue or pen: "what might have been."

So, well done to the Buccaneers and Brady.

Moving on, I'm still looking forward to years of Mahomes-ness!

If the article I read is true, his time with that may be up (the claim was that he gets 10 hours of sleep. A little girl is en route to kill that dream).

• Like 1

If the article I read is true, his time with that may be up (the claim was that he gets 10 hours of sleep. A little girl is en route to kill that dream).

He's got a wife, don't he? :whipgirl:

148117183_10219058933772092_5461761787451183103_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=L5YXdqnHEqUAX-bJjAu&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=0e91557860acdc976f50f24d53bb4c23&oe=6045AC8A Mahomes’ fiancee Brittany Matthews — who is expecting the couple’s first child — took to Twitter Sunday night to comment on how ESPN was tweeting screenshots of the quarterback looking … I guess I’d say confused and generally shocked at how the night was unfolding.

Edited by Chicken hawk

Listen as a Cowboys fan I have complained about the refs for years. Still can't get over the Dez non catch! And if you want to complain about o-line injuries, we would have won the Super Bowl if it wasn't for our decimated o-line this year! You can count on it! ;)
  • Like 1