Official KC Chiefs Thread!

goose

On to New England. Anyone remember the last time they played?

http://www.pro-footb...=nwe&yr=all

41-14, Chiefs. :dweez:

Oh, that's right. ;)

Uh oh.

I had a bad thought last night. If the Royals and Chiefs win the title in the same year, surely Armageddon is near?

As many here know, I am a lifelong Cowboys fan, but if you will permit me, I am jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon for the playoffs. Fun team to watch. It would be nice to see them win it all.
  • Like 1

As many here know, I am a lifelong Cowboys fan, but if you will permit me, I am jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon for the playoffs. Fun team to watch. It would be nice to see them win it all.

Well, the Chiefs (or Texans, actually) were the first major professional football team from Dallas to win a game or a league championship.

• Like 3

Oh, that's right. ;)

Uh oh.

I had a bad thought last night. If the Royals and Chiefs win the title in the same year, surely Armageddon is near?

One of many apocalyptic signs...

Which makes me wonder where Weakly Criminal has been. Prepping, no doubt.

• Like 3

The more the merrier! They are indeed fun to watch!

Oh, that's right. ;)

Uh oh.

One of many apocalyptic signs...

Which makes me wonder where Weakly Criminal has been. Prepping, no doubt.

The Cubs favored by Vegas to win it all next year, too...

We're doomed.

• Like 1

Shame about Maclin, I hope he's OK as he was a good lad for Philly & I wish him well.

I was surprised to hear he's day to day and didn't tear his ACL. On TV he definitely had that look of someone who knew his season was over.

Possibly he heard the dreaded pop and felt pain in his leg and assumed the worst. A high ankle sprain is an awfully painful thing. At the same time, I am not necessarily buying the high ankle sprain as legit. KC is playing NE.... Reid may be borrowing a page from the Belichick misinformation playbook. What better way to make NE wonder which team they will face? Pretend Maclin may play and force NE to have two sets of plans. I would not be surprised if Maclin suits up, but never plays.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 2

GO CHIEFS !!

This week, the Chiefs are America's team.

I would think the Dolphins should be, in light of what happened in Iran. Weak, embarrassing, laughing stocks.

Maybe if Brady can help Trump carry New England, we could regain our belligerence.

Well, it's going to be hard to beat the Patriots this weekend, the fans are all jacked up after the news about Mortensen.

Edited by laughedatbytime

GO CHIEFS !!

Seems appropriate.... the uniform color scheme is remarkably similar to McDonalds'.

Yeah, I'm all for the Chiefs dropping the gold from their color scheme. Red and white would be just fine on their own.

"Gold" is being kind....that's straight up yellow, my man! I would not mind if they toned down the yellow a bit (or more than a bit). I am not a huge fan of teams dropping or changing colors once they are set, and the Chiefs are pretty much set with their color scheme. I do not mind tweaks, though, and that yellow could use a tweak.

I have seen a few in the unigeek world suggest they should drop gold and expand on black trim (the argument being the helmet logo has black trim and the Chiefs have one of the better looking helmets in the league.... which I agree with, but would rather them use a gray facemask than a white one). I am, not, though, in favor of them going to a red/black image. I think black is overdone in sports as is and red/black is definitely associated with the Falcons.

While I am on the subject of KC unis... I really hate it when they wear red/white/white. They look so much better in red/white/red. No NFL team should ever go mono anything, however, so red/red/red makes me see exactly that. Leave mono schemes to the high schools!

• Like 1

GO CHIEFS !!

I would think the Dolphins should be, in light of what happened in Iran. Weak, embarrassing, laughing stocks.

Maybe if Brady can help Trump carry New England, we could regain our belligerence.

Well, it's going to be hard to beat the Patriots this weekend, the fans are all jacked up after the news about Mortensen.

Sad news. I hope he recovers quickly.

To regain their "belligerence" the Dolphins should take my advice and try and join the SEC. I really think they'd be somewhat competitive there.

Really quick recovery for Brady there. Usually high ankle sprains are injuries that result in missing games, but he seems to have overcome it very quickly.

Anyone know of anything that could speed recovery? Maybe al Jazeera could get on that right away before they go off the air.

Really quick recovery for Brady there. Usually high ankle sprains are injuries that result in missing games, but he seems to have overcome it very quickly.

Anyone know of anything that could speed recovery? Maybe al Jazeera could get on that right away before they go off the air.

That's awesome. You won't believe Manning may have used HGH, even though it was delivered to his home. But Brady must have. Because he's Brady, I guess?

Did anyone check the psi of the balls?

• Like 1

It seems my predictions were one week off.... must have something to do with 2016 being a leap year or something.

Let's see....

Big playoff game...

Missed offensive opportunities...

Ridiculous clock management...

Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah. Marty Schottenheimer.

Again, Marty Schottenheimer = Andy Reid.... Mandy Schottenreid.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

That's awesome. You won't believe Manning may have used HGH, even though it was delivered to his home. But Brady must have. Because he's Brady, I guess?

Did anyone check the psi of the balls?

So you're denying that Brady used HGH to recover? Proof's in the pudding, people don't recover from high ankle sprains that quickly. The only leg you have to stand on is if Brady says he doesn't want anyone's DNA in him except for his and Judge Berman's.

It seems my predictions were one week off.... must have something to do with 2016 being a leap year or something.

Let's see....

Big playoff game...

Missed offensive opportunities...

Ridiculous clock management...

But...they had their opportunities, at least. You have to admit, it was a good season, and a great run after going 0-5. Don't forget that.