Rush in Theaters

mong82191

Going to one in Virginia. Cannot wait!!!

:D-13:

Where and when?

We are hitting the one on Route 1; in Alexandria. Think the showtime is 7 p.m.

Is my big brother going to one?

I'm just finding out about this. Need more info.

I went to fandango.com; you can check by your zip code if any are playing near you.

Looks like I could see them in Leesburg.

Awesome!

I think people will be cheering anyway, just for the sake of authenticity. No doubt there will be the camera phone a-holes as well. Maybe this time I can get away with slapping one on the back of the head without any risk of getting dragged away. :bitchslap:

Maybe that would be the surreal experience to put this not really being there aspect into an even more instructive perspective. The very idea of someone using their darling little glow boxes to capture how awesome it was like to see a movie of RUSH live makes me think that your :bitchslap: would not only be a reaction that should be anticipated, but deserves it's own app...

http://youtu.be/zd2sRC3K9Hs

• Like 1

I'll be at the Lincoln, NE showing. I'll be astounded if anyone else from TRF will be there.

Hey, FountainOfSyrinx......I bought my ticket to the Rush movie in Lincoln, where I live......so, I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :cool: :ebert: :cheers: :banana: I wouldn't miss it for anything.......WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :cheerleader: :banana: :ebert: BTW, it's nice to see that another Rush fan in Lincoln, NE actually exists.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :rfl: :joker: I hope to see you there!!!!!! :ebert: I'll be the short brunette wearing some kind of a Rush shirt!!!!!! :D RUSH ON!!!!!!!!!! :rush:

• Like 1

So, do you have to wait in line all day for these things?? I want a good seat, but I'm two hours away. :sarcastic:

I'll be at the Lincoln, NE showing. I'll be astounded if anyone else from TRF will be there.

Hey, FountainOfSyrinx......I bought my ticket to the Rush movie in Lincoln, where I live......so, I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :cool: :ebert: :cheers: :banana: I wouldn't miss it for anything.......WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :cheerleader: :banana: :ebert: BTW, it's nice to see that another Rush fan in Lincoln, NE actually exists.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :rfl: :joker: I hope to see you there!!!!!! :ebert: I'll be the short brunette wearing some kind of a Rush shirt!!!!!! :D RUSH ON!!!!!!!!!! :rush:

F'ing awesome! I go to the University.. I'm new here. Nice to see another Rush fan in the area :P
  • Like 1

F'ing awesome! I go to the University.. I'm new here. Nice to see another Rush fan in the area :P

FOS, there's no obligation on your part, but it you want to look for me at the movie next Monday (11/18), I'll probably be wearing a RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGELS T-SHIRT, and I may be with another friend (my friend Sherry). As I mentioned above, I'm very short (just under 5 ft. tall) and have shoulder-length dark brown hair. I'll probably be wearing black jeans, also.

ANYWAY......WELCOME TO LINCOLN AND UNL........AND "RUSH ON"!!!!!!!!!!!! :sundog: :rush: :Neil: :ebert: :geddy: :guitar: :banana: :Alex:

FOS, there's no obligation on your part, but it you want to look for me at the movie next Monday (11/18), I'll probably be wearing a RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGELS T-SHIRT, and I may be with another friend (my friend Sherry). As I mentioned above, I'm very short (just under 5 ft. tall) and have shoulder-length dark brown hair. I'll probably be wearing black jeans, also.

ANYWAY......WELCOME TO LINCOLN AND UNL........AND "RUSH ON"!!!!!!!!!!!! :sundog: :rush: :Neil: :ebert: :geddy: :guitar: :banana: :Alex:

Thanks for the kind words, and I definitely will!

Just to be sure, you're going to the theater in downtown, right?

• Like 1

Just found out there's a movie showing close to where I live.

Question for those who have attended these things before:

Is it worth it? how...um....."loud" is it? Really wanting something that replicates an actual show as closely as possible. Any details as to what the experience is like?

Clem

Thanks for the kind words, and I definitely will!

Just to be sure, you're going to the theater in downtown, right?

Yes, I'll definitely be at the Grand Theater in downtown Lincoln.........WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ebert: :cheers: :banana: I'd be very happy to say "hi" to you either before or after the show!!!!!! :banana: :ebert:

• Like 1

Gonna pass on seeing it in the theatre and save my money for the DVD. I went and saw The Zeppelin O2 show in the theatre and although the movie was good, the volume was lacking. Just kind of a weird experience watching a recorded concert with a crowd. Do I cheer? Who's gonna hear me?

I go because of the volume and the speakers. I saw Celebration Day and it was amazing. And, yes, people cheered. Not live concert cheering, but still pretty enthusiastic.

• Like 1

Just an FYI for those going...I was contemplating taking the drive to Duluth (4 hours) to see the show on the big screen (I did this for Time Machine and it was excellent on the big screen). Then, I read this on the Radio.com website regarding their exclusive dvd preview starting on Thursday:
You can also see Clockwork Angels Tour on the big screen; more than 350 select movie theaters around the country will be showing it as a one-night-only event on November 18 (though “Grand Designs,” “The Body Electric,” “Territories” and “Middletown Dreams” are exclusive to Radio.com and won’t be included in the theatrical release).
I would have been exceptionally pissed if I got there and these four songs were edited out. Just an FYI, sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else. More info up on the RIAB website regarding this Thursday's exclusive dvd song releases on that website.
  • Like 1

Just an FYI for those going...I was contemplating taking the drive to Duluth (4 hours) to see the show on the big screen (I did this for Time Machine and it was excellent on the big screen). Then, I read this on the Radio.com website regarding their exclusive dvd preview starting on Thursday:

You can also see Clockwork Angels Tour on the big screen; more than 350 select movie theaters around the country will be showing it as a one-night-only event on November 18 (though “Grand Designs,” “The Body Electric,” “Territories” and “Middletown Dreams” are exclusive to Radio.com and won’t be included in the theatrical release).
I would have been exceptionally pissed if I got there and these four songs were edited out. Just an FYI, sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else. More info up on the RIAB website regarding this Thursday's exclusive dvd song releases on that website.

Great !

I was on the fence on this decision,

Now I have slipped & racked my balls, OUCH !

Thanks for the heads up. This explains why the theatrical cut is only 2hr25m.

I gots me a REALLY big TV so I don't have to go to a theater for just a couple bucks less than it costs me to by a movie on Amazon or at Best Buy.

(I'm gonna end up a lonely old survivalist with a huge collection of music and movies no one else wants... )

• Like 1