I NEED SONG IDEAS.

hobo73

I would love to help but most of the stuff I like you either probably already do, or it would be older stuff you may have no interest in. My kids being your age , could probably help you better than I could. :codger: :D

Well first off, if you don't have any They Might Be Giants on your pod yet, get some, and if you do have them, then get more! Anyway, here is a fantastic song called Contact by Daft Punk. Don't let the artist's standard genre fool you, this one builds up to being a real rocker. After an intro with a clip from the Apollo 17 mission, and the synth introduction, a barrage of Drum fills over a synth guitar riff just crashes in and takes you away, and just when it could not get any better, the synth riff comes back again, on an actual guitar that seriously reminds me of Thunderstruck if given space effects and played louder. Enjoy, and if you don't, I cannot re-iterate enough, get more They Might be Giants.
  • Like 1

Oh also keep looking in the listen to the song above you thread too! Trying to get more constant support for that, but it's dwindeling

I dont believe in the concept of listening to individual songs. For me is the whole album or nothing, you know, the gesamtkuntswerk and all that. So i guess i cant give you any recomendation, but whenever you want ideas for albums, i will be able to help you.

Well first off, if you don't have any They Might Be Giants on your pod yet, get some, and if you do have them, then get more! Anyway, here is a fantastic song called Contact by Daft Punk. Don't let the artist's standard genre fool you, this one builds up to being a real rocker. After an intro with a clip from the Apollo 17 mission, and the synth introduction, a barrage of Drum fills over a synth guitar riff just crashes in and takes you away, and just when it could not get any better, the synth riff comes back again, on an actual guitar that seriously reminds me of Thunderstruck if given space effects and played louder. Enjoy, and if you don't, I cannot re-iterate enough, get more They Might be Giants. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRcHTdWY5lU

OHHHHH yes, tons of TMBG on my ipod! LOVE THEM! ;)

Thanks for the suggestions all!

What the hell, the iPod is on shuffle:

Peter Gabriel - "And Through the Wire"

Black Sabbath - "Lord of This World"

Elvis Costello and the Attractions - "Goon Squad"

Prince - "U Got the Look"

The White Stripes - "We're Going to Be Friends"

Pavement - "Shoot the Singer (1 Sick Verse)"

Sugar - "A Good Idea"

The Rolling Stones - "Moonlight Mile"

XTC - "One of the Millions"

The Band - "Across the Great Divide"

• Like 1

Shuffling about 1300 songs on the iPod and skipping any Rush that may come up, here are 10:

1. Bee Gees: How Deep Is Your Love

(Well. That was an embarrassing way to begin.)

2. Led Zeppelin: Hats Off to (Roy) Harper

(Not bad, but I'd choose others from LZ III before this one, like Friends. Or Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp. Or Since I've Been Loving You. I'm sure you know Immigrant Song at least.)

3. Black Sabbath: Children of the Sea

(Yessssssss! Perfect. Dio era. Dat voice!)

4. Duran Duran: Out of My Mind

(So I dig a few of their tunes, thanks to Debbie back in high school, on whom I had a raging crush. Don't judge.)

5. White Zombie: Blood, Milk and Sky

(Mm-hmm. Some quality Zombie up in there. Sinister, yet melancholy.)

6. Robin Trower: Day of the Eagle

(I crank the ol' Pod up to 11 when this album comes up!)

7. Beatles: I Will

(Fine. A pleasant enough track from the White Album.)

8. Blue Oyster Cult: The Vigil

(One of my fave tunes from one of my fave bands! Got lucky here, 'cuz BOC have admittedly produced some stinkers. Oh, and pardon my missing umlaut.)

9. Godsmack: Releasing the Demons

(Eh. I can only take this band in small doses. They're very same-y to me.)

10. Black Sabbath: A Hard Road

(This doesn't count! Sabbath is already represented in this list! Besides, it sucks.)

10. Rush: Middletown Dreams

(Dammit.)

10. Höyry-kone: Myrskynmusiikkia

(Nice way to end. Sweet-ass prog from a weird Finnish band. I picked up this album at NEARFest 2000.)

thanks chronos, for reminding me to follow up on this thread!

I've added any songs that have been mentioned here, to my computer. thank you all so much!! keep the suggestions comin!