AYREON The Theory of Everything

H. P. L.

I am not much for pretense and consider myself a fairly deep thinker, but I personally I didn't get it. Please would somebody out there explain to me the deeper meaning of what I just saw. I kind of expected "Wreckers" to start up at any moment....... H.P.L, anyone, please help. Maybe it's one of those things that you either get or you don't? I will watch it again with some explanation.... :codger: :huh: Thanks in advance Edited by Narpet

This post is just about the new Ayreon album, mate. And that in the video is the cover art set to one of the songs. Nothing more than that.

There are some Ayreon fans here. And everyone who likes classic prog rock should be all over this one.

This post is just about the new Ayreon album, mate. And that in the video is the cover art set to one of the songs. Nothing more than that.

There are some Ayreon fans here. And everyone who likes classic prog rock should be all over this one.

My bad and apologies. Thanks for the explanation. I am just a middle aged man who still thinks for the most part that there hasn't been any new music made since about 1985. Thanks for the post and I am sure others will get it........ :codger: :oops:
  • Like 1

My bad and apologies. Thanks for the explanation. I am just a middle aged man who still thinks for the most part that there hasn't been any new music made since about 1985. Thanks for the post and I am sure others will get it........ :codger: :oops:

The more the merrier, I say. I'm middle aged too (but I still look cool :LOL: :lol: :cool: ) but my curiosity for music is always young. You'd be surprised how much interesting music is out there, swept along in an ocean of useless garbage. Sometimes it's tiring. But anyways, Ayreon has been around for decades...

A little treat? The piano solo in this song is played by a certain Rick Wakeman.

Other guests go by the names of John Wetton, Keith Emerson, Steve Hackett...

• Like 1

The more the merrier, I say. I'm middle aged too (but I still look cool :LOL: :lol: :cool: ) but my curiosity for music is always young. You'd be surprised how much interesting music is out there, swept along in an ocean of useless garbage. Sometimes it's tiring. But anyways, Ayreon has been around for decades...

A little treat? The piano solo in this song is played by a certain Rick Wakeman.

Other guests go by the names of John Wetton, Keith Emerson, Steve Hackett...

No joke! When I read the names at the bottom of your post, goosebumps came over me. Huge Yes and Wakeman fan here. The others you listed are obviously well known names to me as well. I may have to poke my head out of this cave I have been living in and check this out. Thanks so much for the heads up. :codger:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/37030871/Rick+Wakeman+WAKEMAN.jpg

Glad to be of help, mate! We old soldiers must stick together. You can't go wrong with Ayreon!

You have inspired me my friend. Since I am so lame with technology I will get my son to download or upload or whatever it's called this new release onto my phone. I could use something new to listen to during my workouts. I prefer to listen to longer pieces of music anyway when working out. Thanks again. :codger: :notworthy: I will invest some time and let you know how it turns out.

Glad to be of help, mate! We old soldiers must stick together. You can't go wrong with Ayreon!

You have inspired me my friend. Since I am so lame with technology I will get my son to download or upload or whatever it's called this new release onto my phone. I could use something new to listen to during my workouts. I prefer to listen to longer pieces of music anyway when working out. Thanks again. :codger: :notworthy: I will invest some time and let you know how it turns out.

I hope you'll find something you like. If it's longer pieces you want, this one is made up of 4 suites, each 20 minutes long, comprised by a total of friggin' 42 songs. It has to do with numerology and stuff. I'm still halfway through this, since I got it today, but so far I'm in love.

I hope you'll find something you like. If it's longer pieces you want, this one is made up of 4 suites, each 20 minutes long, comprised by a total of friggin' 42 songs. It has to do with numerology and stuff. I'm still halfway through this, since I got it today, but so far I'm in love.

I already read up on it. It looks like Yes on steroids. I just want to hear beautiful music and really don't care how it's chopped up. I enjoy the Awaken, Close To Edge style pieces anyway. If this music is formed along those lines than I am relatively sure I would enjoy it.

THIS ALBUM HAS CRISTINA SCABBIA OF LACUNA COIL ON IT!

So yeah...my favourite singer of all time...from my favourite band...featuring on a mega crazy sounding concept album...

Its a no brainer...is it any good?

Im gonna get it anyway. I love her that much!

She has now recorded songs with:

Megadeth

Apocalyptica

Alter Bridge

So yeah...this must be good!

CRISTINA SCABBIA CRISTINA SCABBIA CRISTINA SCABBIA

She is so amazing I had shout her name at you all three times

Man me loves her stupid much!

I've never listened to Ayreon before, but maybe I'll start with this album. Honestly, I've been kind of put off by all of the special guests/multiple vocalists thing because it seems kind of gimmicky to me.

IMO you should start with Into The Electric Castle. A real prog masterpiece. :cheers:

I've never listened to Ayreon before, but maybe I'll start with this album. Honestly, I've been kind of put off by all of the special guests/multiple vocalists thing because it seems kind of gimmicky to me.

IMO you should start with Into The Electric Castle. A real prog masterpiece. :cheers:

Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind. :cheers:

• Like 1

Is there a personell list and list of guest musicians yet?

I found the list. I know blabbermouth.net has it. That's where I saw it. It's quite a star studded list too. :codger:

Is there a personell list and list of guest musicians yet?

JB (Grand Magus) as The Teacher

Sara Squadrani (Ancient Bards) as The Girl

Michael Mills (Toehider) as The Father

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) as The Mother

Tommy Karevik (Kamelot, Seventh Wonder) as The Prodigy

Marco Hietala (Nightwish, Tarot) as The Rival

John Wetton (Asia, King Crimson) as The Psychiatrist

Strumentisti

Ed Warby (Hail of Bullets, Gorefest) – batteria

Rick Wakeman (Yes) – tastiere

Keith Emerson (Emerson Lake and Palmer) – tastiere

Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater) – tastiere

Steve Hackett (Genesis) – chitarra

Troy Donockley (Nightwish) – Whistles, Uilleann pipes

Ben Mathot (Dis) –violino

Maaike Peterse (Kingfisher Sky) – violoncello

Jeroen Goossens (Flairck) – flauti

Siddharta Barnhoorn – orchestrazioni

Michael Mills (Toehider) – Irish Bouzouki

Wilmer Waarbroek – cori, fischietti

I am such a big fan of Cristina Scabbia and Lacuna Coil it ain't even funny! I am so eager to hear this album just so I can listen to this fantastic Italian woman duet with another lady! I'm saving myself for the album...I am also waiting for the money. This will be my first Ayreon release, so I am hoping its worth the hype!

Oh my days...I met Cristina Scabbia last year and she is one of the (shortest) most beautiful, humble and kind performers I have ever met, and she and her band simply make every concert a party, despite the rather serious nature of most of their music!

Sorry I am digressing...how good is this album?

CristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaverygoodCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinahopeIansweredyourquestionCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristina

:P :P :P :P :P :P

• Like 1

CristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaverygoodCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinahopeIansweredyourquestionCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristinaCristina

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Well if you put it that way... :P

How did you know I was such a big fan?!?! Lol!

Finally decided to buy it.

Wow! This is so strange! It reminds me strongly of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds. Thats a good thing!

Oh and Cristina Scabbia...so glad she blends in so comfortably amongst all these other greats!

I am loving it. Members of Dream Theater, Lacuna Coil, Yes and Nightwish on one album? How could I not love this?