Led Zeppelin

Allman Brothers

The Black Crowes

..next...

Pink Floyd

Yes

Hendrix

Clapton (Cream/Blind Faith/D&D era)

In no particular order, there are only 3 bands consistently in my top 5 .

Rush

Led Zeppelin

U2

Lots of other bands rotate in and out, today the other 2 would be:

Simple Minds

Rival Sons (yes, they are THAT good)

On another day it could be Tool, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Deep Purple, Metallica, Judas Priest, or a myriad of others.

This is hard... My favorites change very often, so I'll go with the groups who have made the biggest impacts on me:

1. Rush

2. Genesis

3. Protest the Hero

4. Radiohead

5. Primus

Primus sucks.

I won't list Rush, since the OP said other bands.

In no particular order:

Genesis ('70s)

Jethro Tull

Blue Oyster Cult

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Honorable mention to Black Sabbath, King's X and -- when I'm in a metal phase -- Pantera and Lamb of God.

I'll avoid from mentioning Rush on this list, as they are the clear #1.

1) Genesis (all eras)

2) Foo Fighters

3) Soundgarden

4) U2

5) Paramore

Paramore released a brilliant pop rock album this year! I couldn't say they are one of my favourite bands, but the self titled album is my number one album of 2013. Brilliant stuff! Nice to see another list with a very commercial band. (I had two controversial choices: ABBA,and Toto. And why not?) The rest of your list is decent. Again, I wouldn't say I am a Foo Fighters fan, but they did a concert in Milton Keynes in 2011 with Biffy Clyro and my beloved Jimmy Eat World as support, and it wad the best gig of my life!

1. Tom Waits

2. Prince

3. Rush

4. Lindsey Buckingham

5. Elton John

It changes though. This list is right now.

Mick

Lindsey Buckingham is my joint favourite member of Fleetwood Mac, and his album with Stevie Nicks, entitled Buckingham Nicks, is one of my all time favourites! So glad to see him get mentioned. Big Love and Go Insane are both absolutely amazing live songs, and Frozen Love is a great underrated gem.

• Like 1

Paramore released a brilliant pop rock album this year! I couldn't say they are one of my favourite bands, but the self titled album is my number one album of 2013.

I'm very glad to hear you say that. "Paramore" is my #1 album of 2013 as well. A truly remarkable achievement for a pop/rock band.

• Like 1

Paramore released a brilliant pop rock album this year! I couldn't say they are one of my favourite bands, but the self titled album is my number one album of 2013.

I'm very glad to hear you say that. "Paramore" is my #1 album of 2013 as well. A truly remarkable achievement for a pop/rock band.

They are the new No Doubt in my eyes. I love No Doubt, but for any band to replace them today was at one point unthinkable, but this amazing album is every bit as grand and exciting as Tragic Kingdom! And being a huge fan of nineties emo and Jimmy Eat World, its nice to see a band outgrow its heritage and pull it off so perfectly! I adore them. Brand New Eyes was brilliant as well, and in small doses I enjoy their first two releases!

1) RUSH

2) Genesis (Both Peter and Phill eras...Pill slightly more)

3) Pink Floyd

4) Queen

5) Styx, Donnie Iris, ELP, Jethro Tull, Kansas, GWAR, YES (Really hard to decide between these juggernaughts of rock)

• Like 1

At this moment in time, although I stand by my previous list as my ultimate favourite, my top five is:

1) Rush

2) Lacuna Coil (still my favourite, but I play Rush more!)

3) Beyoncé

4) Bruce Springsteen

5) Fleet Foxes

For those who care (ie. No One!) my official top five is:

1) Lacuna Coil

2) Khoma

3) Bruce Springsteen

4) Rush

5) Miles Davis

My fifth, non-Rush entry would very likely be The Beatles, or Jimmy Eat World.