English Muffin

The editing on that clip is horrendous, just like the clip from the Garden. switch switch switch switch switch.... I'm getting dizzy from the constant change in camera angles. It's like the guy in charge of the footage has a 2 second attention span.

On the bright side the audio sounds great.

• Like 1

The mix sounds great although my ears picked up what could've been a near train wreck experience at the 3:19-3:23 mark. I heard there was a train wreck near the end of Where's My Thing? on the night of the Dallas recording. I wonder if that section will get fixed from a section of the Phoenix show or be left in final mix.

That performance sounds like absolute sh!t in every way. Abysmal! How could Rush let themselves sink this low? Every instrument is buried in sh!t. Even more astounding is the # of people who think it sounds great. I implore u people to closely listen to the ATWAS version of 2112 and then listen to this garbage for comparison. U ought to be astounded afterwards. If not, u have lost the ability to discern between excellence and flatulence.
  • Like 1

That performance sounds like absolute sh!t in every way. Abysmal! How could Rush let themselves sink this low? Every instrument is buried in sh!t. Even more astounding is the # of people who think it sounds great. I implore u people to closely listen to the ATWAS version of 2112 and then listen to this garbage for comparison. U ought to be astounded afterwards. If not, u have lost the ability to discern between excellence and flatulence.

I agree.

I thought the sound on this clip is horrible. The Garden was a bit better. Neil's drums should pound though and everything should be clear

I'm not sure anyone in the industry knows how to make a great sounding album anymore. I don't know if it is possible. You don't need to spend a lot of money nowadays to make a great sounding album

It sounds like a bootleg from the tour

So many mistakes. They had multiple shows to choose from, you would think they would have repaired them. Neil's fill are wrong. Alex playing bum notes - these should not make it. I know Geddy's voice is rough, but I have learned to deal with that and accept it

And yes the cuts are a bit jumpy, but hopefully it just seems this way in the context of what we have got

I can only give my opinion on what I have seen and heard, but in no way will reflect the final judgement until I listen and watch the final product

You guys are nuts. The instruments in this album easily sound at least better than the Time Machine tour album. I think when you say that the sound is "buried in shit", you are referring to Alex's recent wall of sound guitar, which wasn't present in pre-Rush in Rio live albums. I agree that it isn't my favorite sound, but it's how it is now. And really, can they even release a live album that's harder to listen to than Rush in Rio? I love the energy, but the actual music on that one is impossible to hear.

At least the drums were recorded correctly on this one, as opposed to Time Machine where Neil's high hat and kick drum were near-inaudible. And the actual playing is definitely better than Snakes & Arrows Live, which caught Neil at his worst live recording. Just listen to Passage to Bangkok on 2112, then on S&A Live, and you'll see that Neil really wasn't on his game that day.

I don't think this will hit the highs of my favorite live albums (R30 and Different Stages), but the fact that the drums are recorded well and Geddy doesn't have a f***ing cold already puts it above Time Machine.

Edited by puffyshirt