CWA Tour Limited Deluxe Exclusive Package

Robber Soul

Fwiw, the price could be justified by the limited/numbered collector value on top of the actual materials included. Remember, the $20 tourbooks at shows were produced in vast quantities compared with this release (each show was in the area of 5,000 tix, so figure they made a fair percentage of that number for each show, then multiply by the number of shows). So you might price a limited edition tourbook a bit higher than $20. Same goes for the litho and any exclusive packaging, etc. Is it fair? No, but the entire collector market is based on paying more than original value for something that is difficult to find or rare or in extremely higher demand than what is supplied to consumers. All that said, I'll pass, because I don't collect any and all Rush merch. I'd rather pay a premium for something autographed or used by the band, like a drumstick or a guitar pick that came from an actual concert (as opposed to a VIP package pick or one from a store bought deluxe DVD for example). The last big thing I sprung for was the gold edition CA book set, but that had an original manuscript page, and multiple autographs, and there are only around 300 of them instead of 5,000.

I wonder, if this LP sized package came with the concert on Vinyl as well, how much would everyone (and by everyone I mean people who care about vinyl) pay? Anyway, really tempting. I will have to sit on this for a while because on the one hand, it feels almost like the set was written for me (within reason, but still a total of 5 power windows songs is a god-like live album already), and it feels like this will be THE Rush tour of my life, so to get this extra special memento would be awesome, but $100 is a lot for a university student, and asking for it for Christmas is a long shot because my family is more into a couple medium gifts instead of one big one. Who knows, but I have to decide fast I think.

I wonder, if this LP sized package came with the concert on Vinyl as well, how much would everyone (and by everyone I mean people who care about vinyl) pay? Anyway, really tempting. I will have to sit on this for a while because on the one hand, it feels almost like the set was written for me (within reason, but still a total of 5 power windows songs is a god-like live album already), and it feels like this will be THE Rush tour of my life, so to get this extra special memento would be awesome, but $100 is a lot for a university student, and asking for it for Christmas is a long shot because my family is more into a couple medium gifts instead of one big one. Who knows, but I have to decide fast I think.

Its a shame that they stopped producing their full concerts on vinyl (the Moving Pictures Live EP excluded of course). As a massive fan and a vinyl collector, I would be all over this package if they actually produced this on wax. Cost notwithstanding.

• Like 1

Ordered.....if only for the art and packaging and because it was THIS tour. For the record, I didn't want anything to do with bobbleheads and passed on those at every opportunity. This kind of thing gets decided on a case by case basis.

I checked this package out and wondered about the inclusion of the DVD and Blu-ray also? I think the Blu-ray is worth $20.00, a lithograph $20.00 or more and an exclusive tourbook, that may contain pictures not found in either CA tourbook, is worth at least $20.00 or more plus the album size case-packaging, that is for all of us who remember albums and enjoying the artwork as well as the music! So if you took out the two DVDs, it is probably worth $70.00 or $80.00 but throw those in and it is not hard to see this item for $100.00. however, it is a lot for those of who have fallen on hard times due to the current state of the economy, but Canada is not currently hurting like America. I did order this because I missed the Classic Rock Rush Limited Edition Hardback Book that came out in April of 2013. I can't find the book for sale anywhere or know of anyone who has a copy or an extra copy for sale? Also, I'm due to see Rush front row again soon and every decade the price goes up $400 or $500 so what is one more item for $100.00...lol

As someone posted earlier - 5000 copies at 99 bucks isn't exactly a brilliant money making strategy lol.

This will look great on a shelf in my music room next to my framed front row ticket stub(s) and photos from the tour.

Yep, I'm buying this as a design element!

:)

I was reading Bass Player magazine at the Barnes and Noble today and I saw an ad for Clockwork Angels Tour. It said something like if you buy it at Best Buy there's like a shirt/BluRay pack (kinda like what they did with Time Machine: Live in Cleveland) exclusive to Best Buy. I have no idea what's the design on the shirt but if anyone who's not buying the deluxe edition might want to look into getting this Best Buy edition.

I was reading Bass Player magazine at the Barnes and Noble today and I saw an ad for Clockwork Angels Tour. It said something like if you buy it at Best Buy there's like a shirt/BluRay pack (kinda like what they did with Time Machine: Live in Cleveland) exclusive to Best Buy. I have no idea what's the design on the shirt but if anyone who's not buying the deluxe edition might want to look into getting this Best Buy edition.

:drool: :rush: sucker alert!!! :drool: Another package with a shirt? Those ramen noodles are getting mighty tasty!!! :LOL:

:drool: :rush: sucker alert!!! :drool: Another package with a shirt? Those ramen noodles are getting mighty tasty!!! :LOL:

I went on the Best Buy website and they have the shirt package listed with a very low quality picture of it including the label that shows the shirt. It appears that the t-shirt design is just a plain self titled :rush: logo shirt. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it seems that this is not the same shirt as the ones sold on Rush Backstage.

Sucker alert? Um, sucker here. :hi: I got BB's TM bluray bundle with a RASH shirt. On sale, the difference between the regular TM bluray and the BB shirt bundle TM bluray was under $5 if I recall correctly. That cool RASH shirt essentially cost me about $5. Good quality, too. That's a damn good price for a RASH shirt, let alone a RUSH shirt. :)

I went on the Best Buy website and they have the shirt package listed with a very low quality picture of it including the label that shows the shirt. It appears that the t-shirt design is just a plain self titled :rush: logo shirt. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it seems that this is not the same shirt as the ones sold on Rush Backstage.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/bbrush_zps6d54f3ac.jpg

It's hard to see, but it looks like a charcoal :rush: shirt that sells, based on similar shirts, for $25 at rushbackstage. It's hard to tell if the logo is pink or red. If it's red, there's nothing currently at http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/mens-apparel/index.html that is the same. It's a great opportunity to pick up a cheap :rush: shirt, if you're going to buy the dvd or bluray. Just don't get it online. Go to a store. I hate BB online!

It's hard to see, but it looks like a charcoal :rush: shirt that sells, based on similar shirts, for $25 at rushbackstage. It's hard to tell if the logo is pink or red. If it's red, there's nothing currently at http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/mens-apparel/index.html that is the same. It's a great opportunity to pick up a cheap :rush: shirt, if you're going to buy the dvd or bluray. Just don't get it online. Go to a store. I hate BB online!

Looks like the shade of the logo is a tad darker on the box set than on Rush Backstage. Still, if they're the same, then I saved $20 bucks on a Rush shirt and of course, the all important BluRay. I didn't get the Time Machine bundle but I'm safe to assume that the shirt is a one size only kind (perhaps L/XL) right?

Looks like the shade of the logo is a tad darker on the box set than on Rush Backstage. Still, if they're the same, then I saved $20 bucks on a Rush shirt and of course, the all important BluRay. I didn't get the Time Machine bundle but I'm safe to assume that the shirt is a one size only kind (perhaps L/XL) right?

My TM RASH shirt was XL.

You guys are letting yourselves get fleeced, lol

For the first time ever I agree with GR79. Why would you need to have both DVD and Bu-ray of the same thing. Are you expecting your Blu-ray to stop working? I think its one or the other. Save your $60 buck and you'll be 1/2 way towards the tickets payment of their next concert. :bitchslap:

Yes, I agree! Made me cringe a bit when I saw the price. I'm usually pretty lenient about this sort of thing but this one is really a tad embarrassing.

RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR - Limited Edition Deluxe Package

* includes 6 Audio & Video discs in LP size hardcover book (3 audio CDs, 2 DVDs and 1 Blu-ray Disc) * Features special 36 page tour book unique to this set * Double-sided litho featuring Hugh Syme illustrations * Strictly limited and numbered to 5000 units for this collector piece.

How is this embarrasing? Limkted edition for collectors. Is there something wrong with Rush selling deluxe bundle packages? When you look at the contents, this is not a fleece. It's just a luxury item, and I'll bet there will be demand from those Rush fans who have the bucks.

Yes, it's a luxury item, and yes, there will be a demand. I just think it's light on value for that price tag, which gives it a little too strong an odour of cash-grab for me.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with making money on fancy merch, per se, I just think that this particular product is overpriced for what you get. Fancy merch is all well and good, that's the way that business is done these days and I accept that and at times indulge in it, but make the price a little more reasonable or, for $100, give the customer something more special than just a fancy package.

I just don't see the cash grab. If I break it down by approx. retail pricing, it's $20 cd's, $20 dvd, $25 bluray, $20 tour book, $10 double-sided litho. That leaves $5, which can be applied to the LP size hardcover book that holds the discs. Nope, not seeing the cash grab. :)

Not a cash grab necessarily, stuff is worth what people pay for it.

But the rationale you used is called "margin stacking".

If Tablet or Cellphone vendors did it you'd be paying double what you pay today.

But, being a Capitalist and all I'm not against what they're doing.

And I totally get the Blu-Ray/DVD in same set as being useful. My laptop plays DVDs, my upstairs player is a DVD player, my home theater is Blu-Ray.

It's hard to see, but it looks like a charcoal :rush: shirt that sells, based on similar shirts, for $25 at rushbackstage. It's hard to tell if the logo is pink or red. If it's red, there's nothing currently at http://www.rushbacks...arel/index.html that is the same. It's a great opportunity to pick up a cheap :rush: shirt, if you're going to buy the dvd or bluray. Just don't get it online. Go to a store. I hate BB online!

My TM RASH shirt was XL.

I need another RUSH shirt like I need another hole in my head! :bang bang:

Obviously it all boils down to the individual, and what they are willing to pay. Personally, I paid over $250 for two tickets to the CA show - and that was over in 3 hours, all that I have is my memories and a few pics i took with my phone, so $99 for a limited edition set of this show is something I will have forever that I can pull down and look at whenever I want. I had a little extra cash laying around and decided to spring for it. Yeah it seems a bit overpriced, but years from now we won't think about the price anymore, just be glad we have it in our collections...

Well after much consideration, I put it down as the big ticket item on my Christmas list, rather than money towards buying an iPod with more space. Now I just have to hope my Mom orders it before it sells out, but considering how long it has been for sale, I doubt I have too much to worry about.
  • Like 1

I love my deluxe set- it came with two 12" square prints. One similar to this (except it has 'Clockwork Angels Tour' written on it):

http://www.cygnus-x1...-angels-8-s.jpg

The other is of this, which is my favourite image from CA (me being an Anarchist fan!):

http://www.cygnus-x1...-angels-5-s.jpg

So those will be framed and on my wall for sure (next to Huge Ackman's Rush posters!).

The discs come in a 12" square hardback book, which has a lot of colour pictures in it- I'm going to want to scan most of those so that I can print them to hang! Worth the money in my opinion, as I would have bought all three formats anyway and appreciate the presentation of the set.

• Like 2

I love my deluxe set- it came with two 12" square prints. One similar to this (except it has 'Clockwork Angels Tour' written on it):

http://www.cygnus-x1...-angels-8-s.jpg

The other is of this, which is my favourite image from CA (me being an Anarchist fan!):

http://www.cygnus-x1...-angels-5-s.jpg

So those will be framed and on my wall for sure (next to Huge Ackman's Rush posters!).

The discs come in a 12" square hardback book, which has a lot of colour pictures in it- I'm going to want to scan most of those so that I can print them to hang! Worth the money in my opinion, as I would have bought all three formats anyway and appreciate the presentation of the set.

Another satisfied Rush fan! That makes two today. We're on a roll.

• Like 1