CWA Tour Limited Deluxe Exclusive Package

Robber Soul

You guys are letting yourselves get fleeced, lol

For the first time ever I agree with GR79. Why would you need to have both DVD and Bu-ray of the same thing. Are you expecting your Blu-ray to stop working? I think its one or the other. Save your $60 buck and you'll be 1/2 way towards the tickets payment of their next concert. :bitchslap:

Yes, I agree! Made me cringe a bit when I saw the price. I'm usually pretty lenient about this sort of thing but this one is really a tad embarrassing.

RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR - Limited Edition Deluxe Package

* includes 6 Audio & Video discs in LP size hardcover book (3 audio CDs, 2 DVDs and 1 Blu-ray Disc) * Features special 36 page tour book unique to this set * Double-sided litho featuring Hugh Syme illustrations * Strictly limited and numbered to 5000 units for this collector piece.

How is this embarrasing? Limkted edition for collectors. Is there something wrong with Rush selling deluxe bundle packages? When you look at the contents, this is not a fleece. It's just a luxury item, and I'll bet there will be demand from those Rush fans who have the bucks.

Yes, it's a luxury item, and yes, there will be a demand. I just think it's light on value for that price tag, which gives it a little too strong an odour of cash-grab for me.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with making money on fancy merch, per se, I just think that this particular product is overpriced for what you get. Fancy merch is all well and good, that's the way that business is done these days and I accept that and at times indulge in it, but make the price a little more reasonable or, for $100, give the customer something more special than just a fancy package.

I just don't see the cash grab. If I break it down by approx. retail pricing, it's $20 cd's, $20 dvd, $25 bluray, $20 tour book, $10 double-sided litho. That leaves $5, which can be applied to the LP size hardcover book that holds the discs. Nope, not seeing the cash grab. :)

Fair enough! :cheers:

I still think it's overpriced for what you get, but I'll probably end up buying the damn thing anyway :LOL:

It is a luxury item and It is overpriced specially if the 2 DVDs and the Blu-ray holds the same content. Why would you need both? So you could watch them both and say. "Wow, Geddy's nose really looks sharper on Blu-ray?" I would understand if it held bonus material other than what's already there. The only thing new in this is the Litho, a tour book and the packaging. That just doesn't cover it for me. I already have a tour book of that tour. Don't need another. They could have made it at least $25 cheaper by just having either the two DVDs or the Blu-ray plus the 3- CDs, the Litho and the Tour book. Throw in some signed picks or pictures, A bonus DVD with their RRHOF induction or something. Anything! I still don't see the reason for having both DVD and Blu-Ray in the same package. Its the same content. Oh well, that's just me I guess. If someone could give me a good reason for this, I'd change my outlook in a second. Anyone? :huh: At least it better than DT deluxe package od Live at Luna Park. This doesn't have anything extra for $ 109.00 http://www.amazon.com/Live-Luna-Park-DELUXE-Blu-Ray/dp/B00F1W1SFS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382992980&sr=8-3&keywords=dream+theater+luna+park

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

For the first time ever I agree with GR79. Why would you need to have both DVD and Bu-ray of the same thing. Are you expecting your Blu-ray to stop working? I think its one or the other. Save your $60 buck and you'll be 1/2 way towards the tickets payment of their next concert. :bitchslap:

Yes, I agree! Made me cringe a bit when I saw the price. I'm usually pretty lenient about this sort of thing but this one is really a tad embarrassing.

* includes 6 Audio & Video discs in LP size hardcover book (3 audio CDs, 2 DVDs and 1 Blu-ray Disc) * Features special 36 page tour book unique to this set * Double-sided litho featuring Hugh Syme illustrations * Strictly limited and numbered to 5000 units for this collector piece.

How is this embarrasing? Limkted edition for collectors. Is there something wrong with Rush selling deluxe bundle packages? When you look at the contents, this is not a fleece. It's just a luxury item, and I'll bet there will be demand from those Rush fans who have the bucks.

Yes, it's a luxury item, and yes, there will be a demand. I just think it's light on value for that price tag, which gives it a little too strong an odour of cash-grab for me.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with making money on fancy merch, per se, I just think that this particular product is overpriced for what you get. Fancy merch is all well and good, that's the way that business is done these days and I accept that and at times indulge in it, but make the price a little more reasonable or, for $100, give the customer something more special than just a fancy package.

I just don't see the cash grab. If I break it down by approx. retail pricing, it's $20 cd's, $20 dvd, $25 bluray, $20 tour book, $10 double-sided litho. That leaves $5, which can be applied to the LP size hardcover book that holds the discs. Nope, not seeing the cash grab. :)

I still think it's overpriced for what you get, but I'll probably end up buying the damn thing anyway :LOL:

It is a luxury item and It is overpriced specially if the 2 DVDs and the Blu-ray holds the same content. Why would you need both? So you could watch them both and say. "Wow, Geddy's nose really looks sharper on Blu-ray?" I would understand if it held bonus material other than a tour book. That just doesn't cover it for me. I already have a tour book of that tour. Don't need another. They could have made it at least $25 cheaper by just having either the two DVDs or the Blu-ray plus the 3- CDs, the Litho and the Tour book. I still don't see the reason for having both DVD and Blu-Ray. That's just me. If someone could give me a good reason for this, I'd change my outlook in a second. Anyone? :huh:

Not me :codger:

At least it better than DT deluxe package od Live at Luna Park. This doesn't have anything extra for $ 109.00 http://www.amazon.co...eater luna park

This was exactly what I was thinking, and I was actually considering buying the Live at Luna Park deluxe book set. Now, I'm not so sure anymore cause now I have to chose over one or the other or get neither deluxe editions and settle with just the BluRays and CDs. I didn't attend the 2013 leg, but were there any new tour photos in the 2013 tour book? Cause the tour pictures is really my only incentive to buying the deluxe CWA Tour set.

• Like 1

Edit: Whoops! Looks like I had originally made a duplicate post to the one I made above. Sorry about that. But anyway, looks like I'm gonna be getting the CWA Tour deluxe edition set. I was gonna get Dream Theater's deluxe edition of Live at Luna Park which was the same price and same general content as the CWA Tour (BluRay/2DVDs/3CDs) but since :rush: is my favorite band, they get the priority. Yes it does seem pricey, but I had to keep reminding myself that I paid $100+ for Steven Wilson's deluxe editions of his records and since I'm a sucker for limited edition packaging, I can't miss out on something that they may never do again package wise. It'll go along nicely with my Anesthetize, Grace for Drowning, and The Raven That Refused To Sing deluxe book editions along with my In The Court of The Crimson King box set. Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 2

If this is a cash grab, it is the promoters and the record companies making the grab, not the members of Rush. All you haters (the same ones per usual) continue to suck simply for the sake of sucking. This is 5,000 sets x $100 = $500,000 gross. That's not alot of cash to grab out of that half-million considering the cost of making and assembling the 5,000 sets. Net profit here is minimal for the players. Looks like a great deal for a hundie to me. I'd order a set but I already ordered the DVD and Blu-Ray. :rush:

It is a luxury item and It is overpriced specially if the 2 DVDs and the Blu-ray holds the same content. Why would you need both? So you could watch them both and say. "Wow, Geddy's nose really looks sharper on Blu-ray?" I would understand if it held bonus material other than what's already there. The only thing new in this is the Litho, a tour book and the packaging. That just doesn't cover it for me. I already have a tour book of that tour. Don't need another. They could have made it at least $25 cheaper by just having either the two DVDs or the Blu-ray plus the 3- CDs, the Litho and the Tour book. Throw in some signed picks or pictures, A bonus DVD with their RRHOF induction or something. Anything! I still don't see the reason for having both DVD and Blu-Ray in the same package. Its the same content. Oh well, that's just me I guess. If someone could give me a good reason for this, I'd change my outlook in a second. Anyone? :huh: At least it better than DT deluxe package od Live at Luna Park. This doesn't have anything extra for $ 109.00 http://www.amazon.com/Live-Luna-Park-DELUXE-Blu-Ray/dp/B00F1W1SFS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382992980&sr=8-3&keywords=dream+theater+luna+park

If it held bonus material other than what's already there, that would be more like a cash grab. It would compel some to buy it for the extras. It's not the same tourbook from 2013, but unique to this set. Both video versions is, well, why not. Why would you leave either out? Maybe some folks don't have bluray in the bathroom and need the dvd, lol. This is for completests and collectors. It's not for everyone, especially since there's only 5,000 and they're numbered. The $100 price knocks it out for some of us (me). I just don't see why anyone thinks this is a cash grab. It's just Rush earning a living in my book. When we see Rush condoms ("When in a rush, use :rush:!"), then I won't be kind. :LOL:

• Like 1

It is common to package Blu-ray and DVD together. I find it often very useful, as my laptops and portable DVD players don't play Blu-ray, but on my big TVs and nice system, I want Blu-ray.

The price is still too high, though.

• Like 1

Rush toilet paper and condoms? :o :no: Never!! ( Yes, I'm a :rush: collection sucker, but these items if ever offered wouldn't make my must-have list!!) :madra:
  • Like 1

It is common to package Blu-ray and DVD together. I find it often very useful, as my laptops and portable DVD players don't play Blu-ray, but on my big TVs and nice system, I want Blu-ray.

Thanks You! Finally someone has a good explanation for the aforementioned. :codger: I usually buy movies in this way and its beneficial for the reason you mentioned but they are usually $20-$25. You can buy all the items of this package separately on amazon for $ 56.64. So basically we are paying were paying $ 43.35 for the Litho and the Tour Book! seem a bit high. So I would figure like $75.00 would be a good price for this set.

Edited by losingit2k

Rush toilet paper and condoms? :o :no: Never!! ( Yes, I'm a :rush: collection sucker, but these items if ever offered wouldn't make my must-have list!!) :madra:

How about some sunblock? http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w387/losingit2k/bth_RushSunblock-1.jpg

How about some sunblock? http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w387/losingit2k/bth_RushSunblock-1.jpg

:LOL: Well, if Alex did the personal application, I'm in!!!!! :blush: :ph34r:

• Like 3

Thanks You! Finally someone has a good explanation for the aforementioned. :codger: I usually buy movies in this way and its beneficial for the reason you mentioned but they are usually $20-$25. You can buy all the items of this package separately on amazon for $ 56.64. So basically we are paying were paying $ 43.35 for the Litho and the Tour Book! seem a bit high. So I would figure like $75.00 would be a good price for this set.

This was exactly my thought regarding the price. I feel like I paid a little too much for the 2112 reissue last year and was thinking that if this release was $75, I'd be paying a little too much for this, but that I'd go ahead and pay it. $100, however, is just taking the piss.

I'm betting that the exclusive tour book has a lot of the same pictures as the widely available one, with only a handful of different ones and possibly some changes in the layout.

• Like 2

This was exactly my thought regarding the price. I feel like I paid a little too much for the 2112 reissue last year and was thinking that if this release was $75, I'd be paying a little too much for this, but that I'd go ahead and pay it. $100, however, is just taking the piss.

I'm betting that the exclusive tour book has a lot of the same pictures as the widely available one, with only a handful of different ones and possibly some changes in the layout.

Still tempting though

Well listening to the new 2112 clip might make you feel better. http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/28/rush-rocks-with-new-live-version-of-2112-track-premiere/

Still tempting though

Of course its tempting...Its RUSH! :drool:

Well listening to the new 2112 clip might make you feel better. http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/28/rush-rocks-with-new-live-version-of-2112-track-premiere/

Might?

Well listening to the new 2112 clip might make you feel better. http://blogs.wsj.com...track-premiere/

Might?

Well the live video of it will cemented it: http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2013/10/28/3827/Rush-Clockwork-Angels-Tour-video-2112-preview-clip

Shipping to Norway cost 29 dollars haha, nothankyouverymuch. I can get the dvd and cd from english amazon for 24 pund, im going for that.

That's freaking harsh dude...screw that!

Yup, and import taxes comes on top of that... But i'm not into the merch side of Rush anyways, i just want the Cds and Dvds they release.

So i'm a happy bunny :)