Echo Street

Akron162

After Amplifier released their album The Octopus, a couple of years ago, i wondered how they could follow it up. The Octopus was just too ambitious and far reaching, and honestly their best, cosidering the 2 others in their catalog.

So, what could they release next that would make justice to their crowning achievement?

And so comes Echo Street, released earlier this year, but only until recently i had the chance to listen to, and im happy to say that is every bit as good as The Octopus, only more concise and focused, that with being an hour shorter and all.

Seriously, the main problem with The Octopus is that is simply too damn long, ive manage to get through it in its entirety just a handful of times. Other than that is excellent, one of the bests of 2011 in my opinion.

But yeah, Echo Street pack the same amount of talent and emotion in a more compact presentation, which is really nice.

The songs and general feel of the album are more calm and moody, kinda reminds me of Pink Floyd circa Animals (kinda), but with an obvious harder edge.

Anyway Echo Street is a worthy follow up of The Octopus, i really recomend it, try to listen to it at least once, if you havent.

Man I gotta come clean here. My wife and my now grown children were right! I have never heard of this band or most of the one's that were formed after the year 2000. Maybe further back than that from the looks of things :blush: . At first glance I thought this one was about the late Jerry Rafferty's Baker Street. For now I guess I will have to go on and just know lot's about Rush, Yes etc. Hopefully this forum will encourage me to do what should have been done long ago. :codger:

Man I gotta come clean here. My wife and my now grown children were right! I have never heard of this band or most of the one's that were formed after the year 2000. Maybe further back than that from the looks of things :blush: . At first glance I thought this one was about the late Jerry Rafferty's Baker Street. For now I guess I will have to go on and just know lot's about Rush, Yes etc. Hopefully this forum will encourage me to do what should have been done long ago. :codger:

Well, this is my favorite song from The Octopus. Give it a try.

Well, this is my favorite song from The Octopus. Give it a try.

I appreciate you look'in out for this, stuck in his ways, liv'in in the past, just like his own dad, middle aged man. :sigh: That would be me. I listened all the way through and found it "soothing" for lack of a better term. Maybe the kind of music that would be playing during the laser light shows back in the late 70"s to early 80's. Of course those shows were Pink Floyd's music and required something to relax the mood pre-show ( this :smoke: not this :popcorn:) to really enhance the experience. Not sure it's for me but I really appreciate your efforts. :clap: Edited by Narpet