Rush Vinyls....

agubrizbassman

I Know, this is probably and old Topic, but i'm bringing it back up, does anyone want to share all the Rush Vinyl Records that you have, or want to have...

I Currently Own:

1. Clockwork Angles

2. Hemispheres (I'm pretty sure it's the original)

3. Caress of Steel (1978 Archives Reissue)

4. All The World's A Stage (1985 Reissure)

I'm currently wanting to get 2112, Signals, and Grace Under Pressure for right now..... Share your collection!

I'm intrigued. How do you own Caress of Steel from Archives, but not Rush and Fly By Night?

The only reason why I'd want to own vinyl these days is for the artwork and the ability to read the liner notes. I'm getting on and my eyesight can't read the CD booklets easily.

I still own the vinyl for Hemispheres and Permanent Waves, but all the others I did own, which included; Archives; 2112; A Farewell to Kings; Moving Pictures; Exit ... Stage Left; and Grace Under Pressure, I gave to a second-hand record store in 2006 or 7.

The reason I kept Hemispheres was purely sentimental. It was my first Rush LP and remains a favourite, plus both my kids loved the cover when they were younger. I kept PW simply because it is the original - with the newspaper headline.

I'm intrigued. How do you own Caress of Steel from Archives, but not Rush and Fly By Night?

Well the Reason Why is because, i bought it at a record store that is somewhat of a "find it youself" record store, so all the records their are in mixed condition and all scrambled, well the guy who owns the place just collects these records, and Caress of Steel was their with, of course, no album cover sleeve, just the white sleeve, and i saw that it was from the Archives set, and basically it was the only one their, i also got Hemispheres at the same place, and i almost got Moving Pictures, but it was in really bad condition.... So thanks for posting, and if you want to check out the record store of where i got these records, type in "Bill's Records Dallas" on Google, its a pretty cool place even though its cluttered....

Edited by agubrizbassman

As of right now, I currently own:

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Hold Your Fire

Moving Pictures Live (From the Time Machine Tour—it's only the songs from Moving Pictures)

Moving Pictures through HYF are all the original pressings and they all have the original record sleeves with lyrics, band pics, thank you's etc. PeW was pressed later as the newspaper headline was changed. It still has the sleeve, liner notes however.

The other records I really wanna get my hands on are Counterparts but it's stupidly rare and if I can find the Vapor Trails remix on vinyl I would be ecstatic.

Edited by Czarcasm

I have all of my vinyl records up to about Vapor Trails, when I quit buying them. Moving Pictures is actually the first CD I ever bought. I sent my original A Farewell to Kings record cover to be signed during this last tour. That was awesome since it was the first record of theirs that I ever bought.
  • Like 1

I still have all of them up until the " dark days ". Definition: From the beginning up to Power Windows. :codger:
  • Like 1

I have:

Clockwork Angels

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Permanet Waves Mobile Fidelity

Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Live 2011

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

A Show Of Hands

Exit ... Stage Left

Soon to be added is Vapor Trails Remixed.

What I would like to have next:

Power Windows

and Hold Your Fire.

Moving Pictures

Grace Under Pressure

2112 is the one album I insist on listening to on vinyl...although i did just lend my copy to someone.

Everything but:

Rush

Fly By Night

Roll the Bones

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Vapor Trails

Feedback

Snakes & Arrows

Time Machine: Live in Cleveland

ABC

Rush Through Time

Chronicles

I've had the chance of Rush and FBN a few times locally, but I like them complete with inner and VG condition at least. The ATWAS tri-fold version would be nice as well. Never bother with singles.

Edited by Steevo

I have Archives, A Farewell to Kings thru Hold Your Fire (Hemispheres on Red Vinyl and Moving Pictures is the live 2011 edition, which is good enough for me) Clockwork Angels, The Caravan/BU2B Single, Vapor Trails remixed, and an extra copy of Power Windows and Permanent waves. I also would not be surprised if my dad had a 45 of them lying around in his sea of records he bought in bulk for our jukebox, haven't found the time to look through everything, but so far it's been mostly 60s pop, 70s country, a few good 80s songs and novelty songs.

I have Archives, A Farewell to Kings thru Hold Your Fire (Hemispheres on Red Vinyl and Moving Pictures is the live 2011 edition, which is good enough for me) Clockwork Angels, The Caravan/BU2B Single, Vapor Trails remixed, and an extra copy of Power Windows and Permanent waves. I also would not be surprised if my dad had a 45 of them lying around in his sea of records he bought in bulk for our jukebox, haven't found the time to look through everything, but so far it's been mostly 60s pop, 70s country, a few good 80s songs and novelty songs.

You have extra copies of my names? Would actually love to know why

Edited by WavesandWindows

I have a rather large Rush vinvyl collection, so I'll try to list what I recall:

Rush

Fly By Night

Rush/Fly By Night (German double album)

Caress of Steel

Archives (2 - Grey Canadian, Black)

All The World's a Stage (2 - one Canadian no-trifold, one UK trifold)

A Farewell To Kings (2 - one Canadian, one Russian)

Hemispheres (3 - Red Vinyl unopened, Canadian normal, Picture Disc)

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures (autographed by the band)

Exit Stage Left

Signals

Rush Through Time (2 - 1 German, 1 Picture)

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows (2 - 1 Canadian, 1 Picture)

Hold Your Fire

Presto (2 - 1 German, 1 Venezuelan)

A Show of Hands

Chronicles - UK Vertigo)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts (German)

Test For Echo ("unofficial" picture disc - great sound for something that "doesn't exist")

Vapor Trails (sealed)

Feedback (2 - 1 US, 1 UK sealed)

Snakes and Arrows

Time Machine 2011 (sealed)

Rush ABC - Live at the Agora (2 - both sealed, 1 black, 1 brown/orange)

Clockwork Angels (2 - 1 US, 1 German red vinyl sealed)

Vapor Trails Remixed (sealed)

I have a slew of vinyl bootlegs, radio and interview broadcasts, 7", 10", 12", Russian postcards - too numerous to list off the top of my head. I love my collection and listen to most of it whenever the house is empty. :7up:

Now if only Different Stages and some of the other live discs would come out on vinyl, I could die a happy man.

• Like 3

I have a rather large Rush vinvyl collection, so I'll try to list what I recall:

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

Permanent Waves

Exit Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Chronicles - UK Vertigo)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts (German)

Test For Echo ("unofficial" picture disc - great sound for something that "doesn't exist")

Vapor Trails (sealed)

Snakes and Arrows

I have a slew of vinyl bootlegs, radio and interview broadcasts, 7", 10", 12", Russian postcards - too numerous to list off the top of my head. I love my collection and listen to most of it whenever the house is empty. :7up:

Now if only Different Stages and some of the other live discs would come out on vinyl, I could die a happy man.

My Hero :notworthy:

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

Permanent Waves

Exit Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Chronicles - UK Vertigo)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts (German)

Vapor Trails (sealed)

Snakes and Arrows

My Hero :notworthy:

I'm Nobody's Hero...but thanks anyways. :cool: Love the band. Love the vinyl.

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

Permanent Waves

Exit Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Chronicles - UK Vertigo)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts (German)

Vapor Trails (sealed)

Snakes and Arrows

How did you get time machine on vinyl. If I knew that existed I would have sprung for it, but I never saw it for sale! Also any advice to give for getting a hold of the non-existent test for echo?

You have extra copies of my names? Would actually love to know why

I have two versions of power windows because it was my favorite record so I wanted a vinyl version to play at my cabin, so I bought it off ebay, and then later I got a record player for Christmas, and among the records I got with it, was a large pile of Rush records from the same seller, among them was power windows. Meanwhile for permanent waves It was the only studio album not included in that pile that I really wanted (the pile by the way was AFTK, Hemi, and Signals through HYF) so I asked for it for my birthday from my dad, and I got it. But meanwhile my stepdad also happened to have a copy that he had secretly dug up from his parents house for a birthday gift as well. So two copies of permanent waves. Next time Rush comes to Winnipeg I am definitely going to send in one of the sleeves of those copies to be autographed, and after that I might have the covers made into clocks.

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

Permanent Waves

Exit Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Chronicles - UK Vertigo)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts (German)

Vapor Trails (sealed)

Snakes and Arrows

How did you get time machine on vinyl. If I knew that existed I would have sprung for it, but I never saw it for sale! Also any advice to give for getting a hold of the non-existent test for echo?

It's not the entire Time Machine concert only the Moving Picture part of that tour. It should be easy to get a hold of :)

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

Permanent Waves

Exit Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Chronicles - UK Vertigo)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts (German)

Vapor Trails (sealed)

Snakes and Arrows

It's not the entire Time Machine concert only the Moving Picture part of that tour. It should be easy to get a hold of :)

Yeah, I have that. You got me over excited. Not to be rude or anything, but please confirm the titles, otherwise it throws other vinyl collectors like me into a frenzy

I have a few, but my collection is far from complete:

Archives

All The World's A Stage (Tri-fold from '76)

A Farewell To Kings

Hemispheres

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

None of them are reissues, which I like. Some people don't care, but I like knowing that I have the original. They're all VG+ at least, and some are leaning closer to near mint than VG+.

Rush

Fly By Night

Caress of Steel

Permanent Waves

Exit Stage Left

Signals

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

A Show of Hands

Chronicles - UK Vertigo)

Roll The Bones

Counterparts (German)

Vapor Trails (sealed)

Snakes and Arrows

Yeah, I have that. You got me over excited. Not to be rude or anything, but please confirm the titles, otherwise it throws other vinyl collectors like me into a frenzy

Apologies for the mislabelled title...I was trying to do this from memory away from my collection, so I might have forgotten something. Sorry for the confusion...yes, "Time Machine 2011" is the Moving Pictures Live.

For the fella who asked about the Test for Echo picture disc, a couple of pieces of advice...

1) Save your money. The disc is out there, but it isn't cheap.

2) Despite everything the labelling on the disc says, this is NOT an official release by Atlantic. It was creatively designed by someone looking to capitalize on collectors' emotions like me. I wanted it. I paid for it. I listened to it. I love it.

3) Best place to check is ebay, or enter "Test for Echo picture disc LP" in Google and see what you can find.

Good luck.

None of them are reissues, which I like. Some people don't care, but I like knowing that I have the original. They're all VG+ at least, and some are leaning closer to near mint than VG+.

Aye, I care about that as well which is causing me to have greater patience!

Edited by Steevo