2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees announced...

Snaked

I just read on Facebook, still waiting for a source, that Chris Squire requests that Rush induct them if they make the final cut.

From what I remember, Linda Ronstadt was more country than anything but she put elements of rock and pop into her songs. Kind of like Olivia Newton John.

Ronstadt and her first band, The Stone Ponies, had country, folk, and pop elements to their music. As she continued her career, she and her band incorporated rock, rockabilly, R&B......she made in very difficult for people to pigeon-hole her into a specific sound. That is a big compliment, actually. Her voice was so great that she could sing anything.

From what I remember, Linda Ronstadt was more country than anything but she put elements of rock and pop into her songs. Kind of like Olivia Newton John.

Ronstadt and her first band, The Stone Ponies, had country, folk, and pop elements to their music. As she continued her career, she and her band incorporated rock, rockabilly, R&B......she made in very difficult for people to pigeon-hole her into a specific sound. That is a big compliment, actually. Her voice was so great that she could sing anything.

She never did anything for me. I remember her when I young in the 1970s but she disappeared after awhile. I only ever remember that album cover where she's in roller skates and her song "Blue Bayou" and several other tunes.