2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees announced...

Snaked

Linda Ronstadt is rock and roll? And for that matter, Cat Stevens?

Linda Ronstadt transcended musical genres.....her voice was that good. She was the best female singer of her generation if not longer. She's done rock, pop, country-western, Spanish...... If anyone deserves to be in the Hall, it is her.

• Like 3

I am a big Yes fan but a bigger Rush fan. Their body of work is tremendous but their sound and style is not for everyone. Not unlike Rush, it is just over most people's heads. The one major difference between them is the endless lineup changes over the years. It's a bit of a turnoff but doesn't overshadow their accomplishments musically. If they get in, which they should have long ago, they may need a bigger stage!
  • Like 3

Linda Ronstadt transcended musical genres.....her voice was that good. She was the best female singer of her generation if not longer. She's done rock, pop, country-western, Spanish...... If anyone deserves to be in the Hall, it is her.

Let's not forget she did vocals on Warren Zevon's Excitable Boy,, great sing along and disturbing number classic Zevon!! :)
  • Like 1

Linda Ronstadt makes me change the channel on my XM...can't STAND her voice!

Cat Stevens has a pretty decent body of work..his is a little more towards folk rock, but he's rock!

Would love to see Yes get in, I thought they were already in...but their stuff is off the charts as well!

A lot of worthy inductees there, IMO.

I wonder if Rush has opened the door for the progressive genre in general. It'll be interesting to see if Yes gets in because of it.

I was going to say something like this. Rush get's in, and they're almost eager to continue to atone. The Gates of Delirium... er, I mean, The Floodgates of Atonement have been opened. :LOL:

This year's hopefuls:

The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

Chic

Deep Purple

Peter Gabriel

Hall & Oates

KISS

LL Cool J

Nirvana

N.W.A.

Link Wray

The Meters

The Replacements

Linda Ronstadt

Cat Stevens

Yes

The Zombies

Damn...the Replacements are on the ballot.

I like them but I love Husker Du a hell of alot more. Would be nice if they were ever inducted. Would love to see Bob Mould on the same stage as Grant Hart. Would probably beat him up. :laughing guy:

Yes and KISS should get in as well as Peter Gabriel.

Holding out hope that King Crimson is ever on the ballot but with Fripp's disdain of the music "business" I don't think it will ever happen let alone them be inducted.

Too soon for Nirvana...Kiss should go into the "Marketing" hall of fame...(or the most interesting interview hall of fame) never thought their music was "all that"!

Deep Purple was a great band as well...I could agree to them!

Too soon for Nirvana...Kiss should go into the "Marketing" hall of fame...(or the most interesting interview hall of fame) never thought their music was "all that"!

Deep Purple was a great band as well...I could agree to them!

Don't you mean Deep Purple ARE a great band as well?