15 - Best Song From Counterparts

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1110 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Animate
    • Stick It Out
    • Cut to the Chase
    • Nobody's Hero
    • Between Sun and Moon
    • Alien Shore
    • The Speed of Love
    • Double Agent
    • Leave That Thing Alone
    • Cold Fire
    • Everyday Glory

My wife says ' Leave That Thing Alone' but I'll 'Stick It Out' anyway. I'm 'Nobody's Hero'. Just 'Animate' and 'Cut To The Chase' mister 'Double Agent'. 'Your Speed of Love' has got me caught 'Between the Sun and Moon' so invade my 'Alien Shore' or else I'll put out your 'Cold Fire' and withhold my 'Everyday GLory'.

But seriously folks, Cut To The Chase!

rofl3.gif

• Like 2

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 24 2004, 08:51 AM)
My wife says ' Leave That Thing Alone' but I'll 'Stick It Out' anyway. I'm 'Nobody's Hero'. Just 'Animate' and 'Cut To The Chase' mister 'Double Agent'. 'Your Speed of Love' has got me caught 'Between the Sun and Moon' so invade my 'Alien Shore' or else I'll put out your 'Cold Fire' and withhold my 'Everyday GLory'.

But seriously folks, Cut To The Chase!

rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif good one lol

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 24 2004, 11:27 AM)
"Animate" cause it rocks! Like it in studio version better than live.

Gotta agree, the way he dragged out the words "Sister to the boy inside of me" when he sang them on the studio I've always loved. Every live version I've heard, he sings em short.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 24 2004, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 24 2004, 11:27 AM)
"Animate" cause it rocks! Like it in studio version better than live.

Gotta agree, the way he dragged out the words "Sister to the boy inside of me" when he sang them on the studio I've always loved. Every live version I've heard, he sings em short.

Studio version of this whole album just kicks ass. The only one I heard that was interesting was in the DVD "A View fromthe Palace" in 1994 he sang Cold Fire - love that version for some reason (and his comments before it with the country guitar)

This is the easiest one of all the albums for me. Cut to the Chase all the way, this song seems to represent so much about how my life was going at the time. I absolutely loved it from the very first time that I heard it.

The country intro(Cold Fire) from the boot is cool too RR. I had forgotten about that until Pixey brought it home from Scranton. We saw 2 shows on that tour and they did that at both of them.

2.gif musik19.gif NP.gif blah.gif 2.gif

This is agreat album, but Double Agent is a masterpiece. Again, very cool elements to it. Excellent drums and a crazy guitar solo. Honorable Mention to Alien Shore, LTTA, Animate, Sun and Moon, and Everyday Glory.

This one is a VERY hard one to decide on. This album has some unbelieveable tracks on it. LTTA, Animate, Cut To The Chase Man just all of them. I went with Animate though. As I am going through these it seems that alot of these come down to the lyrics, the ones that touch my heart and the feelings that I associate with those particular songs.

'Double Agent', cause its so 'bizarro-cool'. One of their biggest departures since 'Red Lenses'.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Aug 24 2004, 11:59 AM)
Thank God you found the CounterParts Thread!!! I was getting worried!!

EVERYDAY GLORY!! (because life is hard, and well.. we have to live it!)

2.gif

what he said! biggrin.gif

I have many favorite songs on this album...Animate is one of them (simply because of the first line: Goddess in my garden, sister in my soul...those who know me well will know why this lyric inspires me as it does smile.gif ) Double Agent is a fabulous song, whenever I was stuck at my old job the first line of that would go thru my head: Where would you rather be, anywhere, anywhere but here... laugh.gif

But my total favorite out of all of them has to be Cut to the Chase...just an awesome song, and I love the studio version of it, mostly due to, right after the bridge, before they go into the chorus (you know, the cut, cut, cut....cut to the chase part wink.gif ) them sending all the music first to the right speaker, then to the left speaker, back to the right and then bringing it all back up in stereo...fantastic mixing job on that one!!

Edited by LakesideMaiden
  • Like 1

Another extremely though choice.

I really love this album...

Cut to the Chase

"Pure as a lover's desire, evil as a murderer's dream"

Edited by Fuz
  • Like 1