Vapor Trails Remixed Re-Enters the Billboard Charts

Jag2112

Disagree with me all you wish but in the end IMO:

the sole reason that rush exists is to make money and the sole reason we are here are because we like to give them our money.

I disagree with you vehemently.

I think that the primary reason Rush exists is to make music, and the secondary reason is to make money. And the sole reason that we are Rush fans is because we like to listen to their music, and find it worth giving our money in exchange for.

I mean..."The sole reason we are here is because we like to give them our money"? That's actually a completely crazy statement, and I can't believe you believe it. I assure you that if what I got off on was giving people my money, I wouldn't need to give it to a bunch of rich Canadian hosers! I'd already be in ecstasy every month when I paid my bills, and surely, ponying up the closing costs I'm going to have to pay next week to close on the refinancing of my house would send me into paroxysms of delight. Which I'm pretty sure it won't! :LOL:

I'm sure I will never convince you of my viewpoint, but you will never convince me of yours either :no:

think of it as a symbiotic relationship. mutually beneficial. but its called the music business for a reason.

really its what happens between all bands and their fans. its kind of hard to be a fan and not spend money to a certain extent right?

Of course, but what you've said here is a really long way from saying that the sole reason Rush exists is to make money, and the sole reason we are here is because we like giving them our money. My point was not to claim that Rush doesn't make money, nor to claim that fans don't spend money on Rush, but rather to say that I don't think that making or spending money is the sole or even the primary motivation on either side.

Words, they actually mean things :yes:

• Like 2

yeah, i remember awhile back making a comment about VT being remixed as a "easy cash in" for the boys and some here took exception to my post and questioned how well it woul sell as their defense. well, heres your answer................. :smoke:

Nope. Not a cash in. Rush is the opposite of KISS. If anyone thinks this is a cash in, then they're seriously cynical.. and not just about Rush I'd bet. Cynical of life.

Not only that, I doubt it was very "easy" at all!

another guy to elaborate on how rush and kiss are opposites. fantastic!

can't wait to read both of your thoughts.............

KISS is easily the most blatant rock n roll example of selling your soul for cash and gold. Just follow their merch trail. That's all I needed.. one thought on that.

well if thats all you got, I say thats a fairly weak arguement and far from the opposite you say them to be. fact is they are similar in most ways.

I said that's all I needed. Do you really need a full list of why KISS is the most obnoxiously cash grab RnR band ever? Are you going go all Fox and Friends on me like telling me Obama shut down the gov't and is single handedly keeping WWII vets from their memorial, and how the shut down is really a slimdown that isn't impacting anyone? Are you going to boggle my mind and tell me KISS is like Rush? Well are ya?? :LOL:

well they are both rock bands. they both make money. nothing wrong with what either is doing.

fact is you can't back up the word you used which was opposite.

i am starting to think that your rush fanboi thong is rubbing you the wrong way today....

i am puzzled why you brought kiss into this discussion to begin with and why go political like that?

I'm no KISS hater, I just know Gene would sell his grandmother if someone made an offer.

I think you're sniffing too hard on that KISS Him Cologne®. That shit could put you in an early KISS Kasket®.

:LOL:

theres no doubt that he would but thats ok with me.

Edited by tangy

They are SUCCESSFUL because we give them our money.

We give them our money because they produce a product we enjoy on some level.

They produce a product we enjoy on some level because they enjoy working together.

They have been working together for nearly 40 years because they have become SUCCESSFUL...

.. and it goes around in a circle from there.

RUSH have never demanded we give them our money. They have worked hard to produce a product and put that product in the marketplace for us to decide if it's worth our cash. More often then not the core audience has said YES!

IMNTBHO VTR is not a money grab although I can see how some label it as such.

This is a complete rework of the original material. There is a cost to that. From the producer to the studio time to the actual materials necessary to get it into the grubby little hands of the people who purchase it.. there are costs. At best it is a break-even for the band and I'm sure they are MORE than happy with that.

• Like 1

the sole reason that rush exists is to make money and the sole reason we are here are because we like to give them our money.

I think that the primary reason Rush exists is to make music, and the secondary reason is to make money. And the sole reason that we are Rush fans is because we like to listen to their music, and find it worth giving our money in exchange for.

I mean..."The sole reason we are here is because we like to give them our money"? That's actually a completely crazy statement, and I can't believe you believe it. I assure you that if what I got off on was giving people my money, I wouldn't need to give it to a bunch of rich Canadian hosers! I'd already be in ecstasy every month when I paid my bills, and surely, ponying up the closing costs I'm going to have to pay next week to close on the refinancing of my house would send me into paroxysms of delight. Which I'm pretty sure it won't! :LOL:

I'm sure I will never convince you of my viewpoint, but you will never convince me of yours either :no:

think of it as a symbiotic relationship. mutually beneficial. but its called the music business for a reason.

really its what happens between all bands and their fans. its kind of hard to be a fan and not spend money to a certain extent right?

Of course, but what you've said here is a really long way from saying that the sole reason Rush exists is to make money, and the sole reason we are here is because we like giving them our money. My point was not to claim that Rush doesn't make money, nor to claim that fans don't spend money on Rush, but rather to say that I don't think that making or spending money is the sole or even the primary motivation on either side.

yeah they do and often the fewer the better.

simplistic as my statement was i still think its true.

roll the bones............. :smoke:

yeah they do and often the fewer the better.

simplistic as my statement was i still think its true.

roll the bones............. :smoke:

In that case, I'm not sure that you understand the meaning of the phrase "sole reason."

• Like 2

yeah, i remember awhile back making a comment about VT being remixed as a "easy cash in" for the boys and some here took exception to my post and questioned how well it woul sell as their defense. well, heres your answer................. :smoke:

Nope. Not a cash in. Rush is the opposite of KISS. If anyone thinks this is a cash in, then they're seriously cynical.. and not just about Rush I'd bet. Cynical of life.

They are not the opposite of Kiss ...have you seen the Backstage Club ?

They are not the opposite of Kiss ...have you seen the Backstage Club ?

You guys all need to get on the same page!

Yes we know know both bands have a lot in common but in terms of "SELLOUT BAND" they are at POLAR OPPOSITES!!

KISS is easily the most blatant rock n roll example of selling your soul for cash and gold. Just follow their merch trail. That's all I needed.. one thought on that.

My suspicion on the timing of the Remix is The Studio Albums 1989-2007 box set. If you read any Geddy interviews, you'd know he felt responsible for the sonic mess and has wanted it fixed for the last 11 years. They made the obvious decision that it needed more than a remaster to fix it if it was going to be a part of the box set and new remasters. The time was now again to fix it once and for all. Otherwise, it may have sat unfixed for another 11 years, or however long until a remaster overhaul occurred. The time was now. They didn't want the old crusty VT being together with all the shiny new remixes. From an artistic standpoint, it makes sense that now was the time. From a cynical standpoint, any attempt at a fix at any point in the future, unless it was given away free, would be considered cashing in. And in this age of internet thievery, why would they give the Remix away?

Rush's integrity remains intact as far as I'm concerned, regardless of what any cynic says. :cheers:

:goodone:

secondly, i never questioned the integrity of rush. its the nature of the beast.

i may be cynical but you are coming across as naive.

It Obvious they remixed it now to include it on the Box Set and if you can't see that you're blind. Hence, for you the blind who once could see the bell tolls for thee! :cool:

My suspicion on the timing of the Remix is The Studio Albums 1989-2007 box set. If you read any Geddy interviews, you'd know he felt responsible for the sonic mess and has wanted it fixed for the last 11 years. They made the obvious decision that it needed more than a remaster to fix it if it was going to be a part of the box set and new remasters. The time was now again to fix it once and for all. Otherwise, it may have sat unfixed for another 11 years, or however long until a remaster overhaul occurred. The time was now. They didn't want the old crusty VT being together with all the shiny new remixes. From an artistic standpoint, it makes sense that now was the time. From a cynical standpoint, any attempt at a fix at any point in the future, unless it was given away free, would be considered cashing in. And in this age of internet thievery, why would they give the Remix away?

Rush's integrity remains intact as far as I'm concerned, regardless of what any cynic says. :cheers:

secondly, i never questioned the integrity of rush. its the nature of the beast.

It Obvious they remixed it now to include it on the Box Set and if you can't see that you're blind. Hence, for you the blind who once could see the bell tolls for thee! :cool:

that may be true of me but what may be true of you is:

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

:D

and your implication that that "obviously" they did it to include in a box set really would seem to make the cash in argument stronger.

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

and your implication that that "obviously" they did it to include in a box set really would seem to make the cash in argument stronger.

Why's that. If they had already decided to release the box set. Why would spending more money remixing a crapy sounding album make it a cash grab?

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

Why's that. If they had already decided to release the box set. Why would spending more money remixing a crapy sounding album make it a cash grab?

thats a really strange question. think about the bigger picture and future sales down the road over the rest of their career. a small investment this year should yield good results for years to come.

a remix of vapor trails was low hanging fruit.

rush is a well oiled corporate machine and you can bet they had an army of bean counters giving this project the go ahead.

Edited by tangy

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

Anything that Rush thinks u suckers will buy in mass quantities, they will make a play for it. This is understandable at their stage of the game, but I hope they don't overstep the bounds of good taste. Like I stated before, the VT remix was an easy grab under the guise of artistic damage control.

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

Anything that Rush thinks u suckers will buy in mass quantities, they will make a play for it. This is understandable at their stage of the game, but I hope they don't overstep the bounds of good taste. Like I stated before, the VT remix was an easy grab under the guise of artistic damage control.

I wonder, do you guys have meeting on which would be the best angle towards attacking Rush's appeal? Its amusing to me how you guys now show up in pairs or groups. I guess trolling is a team sport now! Strength in numbers I guess. "Well we can't complain about how Vapor Trail sounds so lets say they corrected it as an easy grab under the guise of artistic damage.", "Oh that's good, lets go with that!"" Um yeah!" :facepalm:

Edited by losingit2k

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

thats a really strange question. think about the bigger picture and future sales down the road over the rest of their career. a small investment this year should yield good results for years to come.

rush is a well oiled corporate machine and you can bet they had an army of bean counters giving this project the go ahead.

Troll says troll.

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

Troll says troll.

:zzz:

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

I wonder, do you guys have meeting on which would be the best angle towards attacking Rush's appeal? Its amusing to me how you guys now show up in pairs or groups. I guess trolling is a team sport now! Strength in numbers I guess. "Well we can't complain about how Vapor Trail sounds so lets say they corrected it as an easy grab under the guise of artistic damage.", "Oh that's good, lets go with that!"" Um yeah!" :facepalm:

too funny, me thinks thy art becoming a tad bit paranoid. the trolls are teaming up on us fanbois! heaven forbid.

for the record i have never complained about how VT sounds and i consider it to be one of the most "important" discs they have ever made. remix or no remix.

why it is so hard to grasp the concept of them wanting to make money? yeah, to me it was low hanging fruit but theres no shame in that.

work smarter not harder.

rush is pretty much like every other mainstream/well established band. they make music, do tours and sell what they think they can.

they are no better or no worse than anyone else in that regard. IMO.

• Like 1

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

too funny, me thinks thy art becoming a tad bit paranoid. the trolls are teaming up on us fanbois! heaven forbid.

for the record i have never complained about how VT sounds and i consider it to be one of the most "important" discs they have ever made. remix or no remix.

why it is so hard to grasp the concept of them wanting to make money? yeah, to me it was low hanging fruit but theres no shame in that.

work smarter not harder.

rush is pretty much like every other mainstream/well established band. they make music, do tours and sell what they think they can.

Why u trollin bro. I mean, you've out trolled GR in this thread, which isn't hard to do I guess since he doesn't seem to have the intellect to troll effectively. You filling in for goober while he's on hiatus? I think it's obvious to me the band financed the Remix, and heavens to betsy they might actually break even on this. Can you imagine the gaul? Hey, I went to work again today. Troll me for making a living too. I'm f***ing posting at work. Easy cash grab!! Troll me tangy! :LOL:

• Like 3

Blind men in the market

Buying what we're sold

work smarter not harder.

Why u trollin bro. I mean, you've out trolled GR in this thread, which isn't hard to do I guess since he doesn't seem to have the intellect to troll effectively. You filling in for goober while he's on hiatus? I think it's obvious to me the band financed the Remix, and heavens to betsy they might actually break even on this. Can you imagine the gaul? Hey, I went to work again today. Troll me for making a living too. I'm f***ing posting at work. Easy cash grab!! Troll me tangy! :LOL:

I have to agree, He is a very intelligent and articulate Troll. His arguments actually have some sound and convincing thoughts behind them. It wasn't until GR showed up that I figured out I was facing a trolling tag team. It almost seemed like he was schooling GR. :bitchslap: Edited by losingit2k

Now, the 10" picture disc of The Garden, that might be a cash grab! :LOL:

Obvious easy cash grab is obvious. Hundreds of Rush's best bean counters have been crunching the numbers for months on how to extract more money from Rush fans, and this was their answer. Whip out a 10". :LOL:

Yeah, I like to give them my money because I can always trust their product will be worth it. They've never let me down. :D

I'm giving them my money because I was waiting for a remixed Vapor Trails anyhow as I don't own the original.

well if thats all you got, I say thats a fairly weak arguement and far from the opposite you say them to be. fact is they are similar in most ways.

I said that's all I needed. Do you really need a full list of why KISS is the most obnoxiously cash grab RnR band ever? Are you going go all Fox and Friends on me like telling me Obama shut down the gov't and is single handedly keeping WWII vets from their memorial, and how the shut down is really a slimdown that isn't impacting anyone? Are you going to boggle my mind and tell me KISS is like Rush? Well are ya?? :LOL:

I think this speaks for itself on KISS' integrity:

http://www.incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/hello-kitty-kiss-toilet-paper.jpg

• Like 3