Other people stealing your Rush fun...

Lost In Xanadu

Anything like this ever happen to you?

I wore my Rush shirt to football practice the other day. The kids asked me about my shirt, and as I was getting ready to reply, another coach sets in with "You never heard of Rush? The greatest rock drummer ever, 2112 being the most epic album of all time", etc, etc.

I actually was a little irritated. Rush is MY band dammit! :LOL:

• Like 4

I wore my Rush shirt to football practice the other day. The kids asked me about my shirt, and as I was getting ready to reply, another coach sets in with "You never heard of Rush? The greatest rock drummer ever, 2112 being the most epic album of all time", etc, etc.

He Stole your thunder! :rage:

• Like 1

You need to start coaching baseball. Bats come in very handy in a situation like that. ;)
  • Like 2

:o Of all the nerve! You should've just told him to shut up and that you were a certified :rush: ologist and, therefore, the only one expert enough to speak about them.

• Like 1

:LOL:

If that happened to me, I'd just get really excited to have found another fan would have immediately enlisted said fan in reinforcing my pro-Rush propaganda :yes: :LOL:

• Like 2

If that happened to me, I'd just get really excited to have found another fan would have immediately enlisted said fan in reinforcing my pro-Rush propaganda :yes: :LOL:

That's part of the reason for the irritation - I tried talking to him about Rush and he was admittedly not that a big fan, he has never even seen them live.

That's part of the reason for the irritation - I tried talking to him about Rush and he was admittedly not that a big fan, he has never even seen them live.

Maybe he was mocking some of the things you have said to him about Rush? Having a little fun at your expense maybe?

Oh, well, that's unforgiveable then! ;)

Maybe he was mocking some of the things you have said to him about Rush? Having a little fun at your expense maybe?

No, I really didn't talk to him much about anything up to that point. :LOL:

Listen...

All I know is RUSH are a heavy metal band that a bunch of new wave rejects and grunge freaks and alternative rock geeks have bandwagoned since the 80's!! I blame Signals!! They're metal and even Neil Peart knows it even if he denies it in public! :haz:

• Like 2

Listen...

All I know is RUSH are a heavy metal band that a bunch of new wave rejects and grunge freaks and alternative rock geeks have bandwagoned since the 80's!! I blame Signals!! They're metal and even Neil Peart knows it even if he denies it in public! :haz:

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Vapour Trails remix, Treeduck. I think it's BRIGHT, SHINY metal! :yes: :haz: :D

• Like 1

The next time will be first time I run into somebody in Rush gear anywhere but at a show :wtf:
  • Like 1

Listen...

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Vapour Trails remix, Treeduck. I think it's BRIGHT, SHINY metal! :yes: :haz: :D

Well when I finally get it from amazon I'll let you know! :hail:

What's worse is when you're wearing your Rush baseball cap and some squeeb thinks you worship Limbaugh. :rage:

Or they start trying to impress you with all of their Rush "knowledge", most of which they pull out of their ass.

Sigh. Now there's a damn movie called "Rush" about to hit the theaters. (Haven't we already had one of those with Jennifer Jason Leigh as a heroin addict?) It's going to make eBay searches even more of a pain in the ass. Currently you have to filter out "August Rush", Mahogany Rush, and the aforementioned druggie movie. Now we gotta add another soundtrack? Jeebus, too many first-world problems. I gotta lie down.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 2

What's worse is when you're wearing your Rush baseball cap and some squeeb thinks you worship Limbaugh. :rage:

Or they start trying to impress you with all of their Rush "knowledge", most of which they pull out of their ass.

Sigh. Now there's a damn movie called "Rush" about to hit the theaters. (Haven't we already had one of those with Jennifer Jason Leigh as a heroin addict?) It's going to make eBay searches even more of a pain in the ass. Currently you have to filter out "August Rush", Mahogany Rush, and the aforementioned druggie movie. Now we gotta add another soundtrack? Jeebus, too many first-world problems. I gotta lie down.

You just reminded me of something: a litlte while ago I was walking around, wearing a A Farewell to Kings skull t-shirt with 'Rush' written at the top, and a man in his seventies or so stopped me and made some smarky reference to me being a fan of Rush Limbaugh, though he mispronounced his name. I felt like giving him a little smack upside the head as he stood there chortling with his wittiness, but I merely behaved all Canadian and politely indicated that this shirt was advertising the 'good' Rush. I know he was just having a little bit of fun to himself, but I'm not really keen on my Rush being made fun of!

whenever I talk about Rush, my friends and my brother act so annoyed like "Oh she's talking about them again." so the only time I ever really get to fangirl over Rush is online.
  • Like 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/24b6zk4_thjpg.gif

I know the feeling!!

Yeah, it is always fun to hear someone knows Rush when you're not expecting it. I was riding mass transit to work one day and happened to be reading a book with a bookmark that contained an ad for Rush's then-upcoming TM tour. Some guy who looks 21 or 22 years old comes on carrying a cello and sits across from me. The guy next to him asks about the cello and I hear him saying how he discovered classical music at age 5 and he starts running off all the stuff he loves to play; Mozart, Bach, etc.

Next thing I know he is commenting on the bookmark and starts heaping the praises of Alex Lifeson. Seems to point out that if you like music, you know Rush, plain and simple.

Seriously, I'd prefer that situation over the first time I met a fellow :rush: fan. It was in high school and it was the school librarian. :facepalm:

Yeah, she was wearing a T-shirt from the "Test for Echo" Tour and I commented on it. :facepalm: :facepalm:

She replied by looking at me sternly and saying, "How can I help you?" :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by ThatLightInYourEyes