Vapor Trails Remix vs Clockwork Angels - you've compared them before, but how do they stack up now??

treeduck

Vapor Trails Remix: The Poll - Part 2  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Vapor Trails Remix vs Clockwork Angels

• The Remixed Vapor Trails is now clearly better than Clockwork Angels
    • Clockwork Angels is easily better than Vapor Trails, remix or not
    • They're about even in my mind, it's a tie!
    • I don't know, maybe I need more time to decide
    • I think they're closer now but Clock Angels edges it
    • I think the gap is wider, Vapor Trails wins by a decent margin, I had them even before
    • I'm not getting the Remix, my previous opinion will stand
    • I like them both, there's no need for a comparison

I've still not heard the VT Remix yet, so I can't comment.

You know the albums, you know songs by now, so does the VT Remix change your opinion? Does VT now beat out Clockwork Angels? Does it close the gap, does it open up a bigger gap?

Have at it... :hail:

Not in a million years, remixes or remastering will VT ever top Clockwork Angels. CA wins out every time considering the compositions and concept alone. This is like comparing RUSH to the Beatles. You decide which is which! :P Edited by losingit2k

Is Clockwork Angels better than any version of Vapor Trails? A resounding yes I say. Is 2112 better than Roll The Bones? Similar comparison in my book.
  • Like 4

You know the albums, you know songs by now, so does the VT Remix change your opinion? Does VT now beat out Clockwork Angels? Does it close the gap, does it open up a bigger gap?

Not to be rude, but how does a Rush fan, who posts on a Rush forum, not have Vapor Trails Remixed yet? It blows my mind!

• Like 2

Not to be rude, but how does a Rush fan, who posts on a Rush forum, not have Vapor Trails Remixed yet? It blows my mind!

One who hasn't got around to it yet!

I voted based on sound quality, not the album quality. I assumed that was the comparison you meant.

No this is a comparison of the albums themselves. The original 2002 edition's sound problems forced some people to rate VT lower (so they say) so now they may want to reassess.

I voted based on sound quality, not the album quality. I assumed that was the comparison you meant.

No this is a comparison of the albums themselves. The original 2002 edition's sound problems forced some people to rate VT lower (so they say) so now they may want to reassess.

Ok, vote changed. VT sounds much better, still the same songs though. CA the much better album although now sounds much worse.

If Clockwork Angels only had Caravan, Headlong Flight, and The Garden on it it would beat Vapor Trails by a mile. That being said, I do enjoy the new remix of VT's much better than I used to, which was basically not at all. It's growing on me.
  • Like 3

reassess.....is that like a brazilian butt lift?

http://mommyofamonster.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/brazil_butt_lift.jpg

Edited by losingit2k

I guess there are really different levels of Rush fans. Personally, since 1984, I had to have every new album the moment it came out!

• Like 2

I guess there are really different levels of Rush fans. Personally, since 1984, I had to have every new album the moment it came out!

Well it's not really me not getting around to it actually, it's amazon who haven't sent it yet. All I can do is wait it out. :hail:

Well it's not really me not getting around to it actually, it's amazon who haven't sent it yet. All I can do is wait it out. :hail:

You gotta preorder that with prime.

You gotta preorder that with prime.

The only prime that matters is prime steak! :smoke:

• Like 1