Rush is on a roll ... Rush 'n' Roll

The Analog Grownup

So, isn't this just a very exciting time to be a Rush fan? Let's face it, they released Clockwork Angels which was received well both with fans and also critics, they toured the album which also went well with the string ensemble, the inclusion into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, a new live DVD is coming soon and now the Vapor Trails Remixed.

I have a feeling the future looks very bright in Rush land :yes:

It's been a long time coming but I feel like they finally get the kudos they deserved.

:)

• Like 6

I still think it would be classic if, after Rolling Stone listed RUSH as one of the must-see live acts, RUSH announced their retirement from live tours.

Unfortunate for the newer fans, but hey.... Yet it was for me, not you, I came to write this song...

This past decade has been great for them. They haven't become more "mainstream" but defiantly well known in this current generation of music lovers. Thanks to I Love You, Man and Beyond the Lighted Stage. Obviously, they will never be as popular as they were in the early 80's but it still makes me proud of the group that they are still pumping out good and fresh stuff. Most groups don't, usually, do this when they hit how old Rush is.
  • Like 1

Not one f***ing word about any of this in RS. I would never again buy this publication. It was waste of $21. (I only got it because my granddaughter had a magazine sale at school)

They are desperate for sales and have sent me at least 5 copies that I never paid for.

They come a little late, but they are still coming. They have that ***t on the cover. Miley or something. Makes me want to puke.

• Like 1

The reception of Clockwork Angels and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction as given them a boost they long deserved and needed. Geddy has found a new way to tour that won't be so detrimental to his aging voice and is currently collecting Basses and jamming on them. Neil seems to have gotten past the ordeal he suffered in the 90's and has found a new love for drumming even recording with other groups. I don't know what Alex is up too? Probably lying drunk in a sand trap somewhere? Regardless, these guys have found a new love for life and music and they seem to be enjoying the hell out of it now. They know their time is limited, so I hope they take this newly found energy and focus it into a new RUSH album by the end of 2014! :codger: Then Tour in 2015 and present us with Permanent Waves in its entirety! :dweez: :chickendance: :dweez:
  • Like 1

This past decade has been great for them. They haven't become more "mainstream" but defiantly well known in this current generation of music lovers. Thanks to I Love You, Man and Beyond the Lighted Stage. Obviously, they will never be as popular as they were in the early 80's but it still makes me proud of the group that they are still pumping out good and fresh stuff. Most groups don't, usually, do this when they hit how old Rush is.

Mainstream: Hey, you're still around?

Rush: Yep, we're still here! Still rocking!!

Mainstream: You know, you guys are pretty good! Why didn't we notice that before?

Rush: Only you can answer that. We're doing it our way, whether you like us or not!

Mainstream: Are you saying that you don't need to be like us?

Rush: Yep...pretty much!

Mainstream: Wow.....we never even considered that.....COOL!

• Like 2

So, isn't this just a very exciting time to be a Rush fan? Let's face it, they released Clockwork Angels which was received well both with fans and also critics, they toured the album which also went well with the string ensemble, the inclusion into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, a new live DVD is coming soon and now the Vapor Trails Remixed.

I have a feeling the future looks very bright in Rush land :yes:

It's been a long time coming but I feel like they finally get the kudos they deserved.

:)

I've been feeling the same way lately. Add in that we had the CA tour hot on the heels of the Time Machine tour, without having to wait years in between. Wheee!