Rush and your children. The test of time.

Narps

You named your son 11?

How old is he? Fred?

It's actually pronounced "one one"

THIS IS THE FUNNY! HIM WANT MEDAL GIGGLE!!

As the son of a big Rush father, it sure has grown on me. To the point of obsession, to all the parents here, it truly is a gift. Keep spreading the joy of Rush to everyone!

:goodone:

I took my 10 year old daughter (who saw Rush for the first time last June) and my 7 year old son to see the Clockwork Angels Movie last night. I was so proud of my son, who leaned over to me during Headlong Flight, and asked "Dad, can you play this song in the car on the way home?" :haz:

I also enjoyed looking over at my daughter during The Garden and YYZ and seeing her grinning from ear to ear. She loves those two songs. :wub:

I can't believe that I get to share my favorite band with them. :D

• Like 4

I took my 10 year old daughter (who saw Rush for the first time last June) and my 7 year old son to see the Clockwork Angels Movie last night. I was so proud of my son, who leaned over to me during Headlong Flight, and asked "Dad, can you play this song in the car on the way home?" :haz:

I also enjoyed looking over at my daughter during The Garden and YYZ and seeing her grinning from ear to ear. She loves those two songs. :wub:

I can't believe that I get to share my favorite band with them. :D

Gives me goosebumps for you just thinking about my own experience........ :rose: :heart: :yes:

This is too good not to share.

I put the kids to bed at 8pm (they share a room). Twenty minutes later I went to check up on them. I open the door and my oldest is wearing his favorite beanie hat (the kind with the propeller on top) and both are dancing like crazy to, 'Subdivisions.' So I join them. It was so fun!

• Like 3

I put the kids to bed at 8pm (they share a room). Twenty minutes later I went to check up on them. I open the door and my oldest is wearing his favorite beanie hat (the kind with the propeller on top) and both are dancing like crazy to, 'Subdivisions.' So I join them. It was so fun!

:banana: :banana: :dweez:<----------------------------- Janie and the kids :haz: :rush:
  • Like 1

:banana: :banana: :dweez:<----------------------------- Janie and the kids :haz: :rush:

HA! Yes! Until the husband came in to see what all the commotion was about.

:banana: :banana: :dweez: :tsk:

Edited by Janie
  • Like 3

Too cute....
  • Like 1

Too cute....

I think my chant of, "Chug! Chug! Chug!" while my youngest hit the chocolate milk bong is what gave us away for we were partying most hardy until the authority came in.
  • Like 3

On the other side of the spectrum my dad took me to see Rush during the Snakes & Arrows tour at the Hollywood Bowl back in 2007 and ever since then I have been a hardcore fan! I am 20 now and couldn't be more of a Rush fan, thankfully I have gotten to see the Time Machine Tour twice and the CA tour once to make up for not being old enough to see them all of the years they have been around ;)

It comes full circle because I have become even more obsessed than my dad lol, he gave me the initial seed of Rush fandom and lately I have been returning the favor by showing him the "lesser publicized" Rush albums like Counterparts and Presto :)

Edited by Analog_Bro
  • Like 3

My 14 year old who has been into Rush for a while was in the car on the way to hockey practice last night. He always plays his iPhone through the car radio. Last night he puts on Vapor Trails telling me how he is really getting into the "newer" Rush. (I got him into them playing the "older" Rush)

I took him and his brother to the Time Machine tour and he loved it. He asked me if they come around again, can we go? Hell yes!

He was googling all kinds of live videos on youtube when we got home.

Love it!

• Like 4

My 14 year old who has been into Rush for a while was in the car on the way to hockey practice last night. He always plays his iPhone through the car radio. Last night he puts on Vapor Trails telling me how he is really getting into the "newer" Rush. (I got him into them playing the "older" Rush)

I took him and his brother to the Time Machine tour and he loved it. He asked me if they come around again, can we go? Hell yes!

He was googling all kinds of live videos on youtube when we got home.

Love it!

Cue the goosebumps!!! :yes:
  • Like 2

I brought my son to his first concert in Tampa when he was 15 and as been a fan ever since. He is now 32 and has his own family (4 and 2 yrs old). My youngest daughter is 27 and also a huge fan with 1 son (3 yrs old). I doubt very much if I get a chance to bring my grandkids to a RUSH concert, but who knows.

I brought my son to his first concert in Tampa when he was 15 and as been a fan ever since. He is now 32 and has his own family (4 and 2 yrs old). My youngest daughter is 27 and also a huge fan with 1 son (3 yrs old). I doubt very much if I get a chance to bring my grandkids to a RUSH concert, but who knows.

Doubt Ged will be able to sing at all by then........ :(

My nephew (aged 11 months) is constantly drumming on everything he can find.

Today, just before Christmas dinner, he was screaming his head off, wouldn't drink his milk and nothing would calm him down. Just as an experiment I found Neil's drum solo from the Time Machine tour on YouTube and showed it to him. He was absolutely fascinated, watched the whole 8 minute clip without taking his eyes off it, drank his milk and has been really good ever since (and drumming even more!).

Thanks Neil!! You have a new fan!

• Like 1

My nephew (aged 11 months) is constantly drumming on everything he can find.

Today, just before Christmas dinner, he was screaming his head off, wouldn't drink his milk and nothing would calm him down. Just as an experiment I found Neil's drum solo from the Time Machine tour on YouTube and showed it to him. He was absolutely fascinated, watched the whole 8 minute clip without taking his eyes off it, drank his milk and has been really good ever since (and drumming even more!).

Thanks Neil!! You have a new fan!

:ebert: When he is old enough and you discover he can't ice skate and he is a bore to talk too, look out! :)

Here's the other perspective: I am the child, my father turned me into a Rush fan. First song I ever heard was Lock and Key. Of course, now I look back and realize how much I dislike HYF in general, but hey, Lock and Key's still a good song. I have noticed that my dad and I have slightly differing tastes on the albums. I like every Rush album except Rush-COS and Hold Your Fire-Roll The Bones, and he's a little biased against everything from Counterparts onward, except that he really likes Vapor Trails. His main problem is that since Counterparts there are "too many Geddys" in the vocals (all that layering), which I can understand. Counterparts is also my favorite album. Grace Under Pressure is his. He's warming up to the newer albums, especially Snakes and Arrows (he LOVES The Main Monkey Business). Give him time, and he'll appreciate Clockwork Angels a bit more
  • Like 2