Mistake On Stars Look Down?

presto123

Something I just noticed. Did they forget to put Neil's ride cymbal back in the mix when they put the mix back together on this song. Listen to the Vapor Trails remix version at :55 and at 3:09. Where the chorus starts. There is no ride cymbal or hi-hat either one unless it's so low I can't hear it. The other versions(original and HD tracks) feature VERY prominent ride cymbal. Can't imagine that it was an artistic choice to remove the ride cymbal during a half time chorus section. A half time feel is especially when you would want a ride cymbal keeping time. Hmmmmmm...... Edited by presto123

It's hard to hear these songs without the ride which was so promanent in the original mix. Maybe Neil's lack of desire (understandably) to involve himself in the remixing project is the reason why.

You get use to it. I'll assume Bottrill took an artistic liberty that it wasn't needed, and didn't include it. It doesn't really hurt the song.

• Like 2

Theres a bit by alex in secret touch too i just cant live without in the track, in the middle instrumental section where he kinda goes down a scale (dunno tech term) its brilliant al at his best only lasting 2 or 3 secs but beautiful.

ive actually just checked it starts at 3min 50secs and it hasnt been completely taken out just reduced to kinda background level so it isnt nearly as prominent.

I can live with most of the changes on the album, and a few elements changed in secret touch are good also, but i cant accept that riff or scale's alteration :(

Edited by lifeson90

This is one of the songs that has grown on me the most from the remix. I didn't like it at all and now I'm pretty found of it. Ride or Not! :codger:

I have said this before...Every song is infinitely better on the Remix with the exception of Out of the Cradle. It was totally changed feeling wise. The old version has the power B chord that Alex sustains right after the "endlessly rocking" part after the first chorus...It is very low for the first two measures and then it is brought up into the mix with a strong presence and feedback...then the B chord give a rhythm presence behind Alex's scale he plays over it... which is a drop down arpeggiation of B A A G# F# E...

The New Version Alex's power chord enters hard right after the singing for 4 measures then it greatly overrides as a rhythm guitar while the arpeggiation is hidden deeply behind that B chord. It TOTALLY changes the feel of the song. I have to think it was a remix mistake and I just can't get over that... It all starts at 1:30 or so.

Additionally Botrill has mixed in a totally different guitar part on the right channel for Alex than what was played on the original part...

It essentially more than a remix. It is a re-do completely...

12/13 songs better though—not bad!

• Like 1

This is one of the songs that has grown on me the most from the remix. I didn't like it at all and now I'm pretty found of it. Ride or Not! :codger:

I have said this before...Every song is infinitely better on the Remix with the exception of Out of the Cradle. It was totally changed feeling wise. The old version has the power B chord that Alex sustains right after the "endlessly rocking" part after the first chorus...It is very low for the first two measures and then it is brought up into the mix with a strong presence and feedback...then the B chord give a rhythm presence behind Alex's scale he plays over it... which is a drop down arpeggiation of B A A G# F# E...

The New Version Alex's power chord enters hard right after the singing for 4 measures then it greatly overrides as a rhythm guitar while the arpeggiation is hidden deeply behind that B chord. It TOTALLY changes the feel of the song. I have to think it was a remix mistake and I just can't get over that... It all starts at 1:30 or so.

Additionally Botrill has mixed in a totally different guitar part on the right channel for Alex than what was played on the original part...

I agree Out of the cradle is the only song that hasn't really moved me from the remix. I still feel exactly the same about the song.

I agree Out of the cradle is the only song that hasn't really moved me from the remix. I still feel exactly the same about the song.

I'll have to remember to do a comparo since I didn't notice any material changes to that song.