Has the Remix of VT lifted the Album's position past others.

losingit2k

Has VT surpassed other albums  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Has the Remix of VT lifted the album past others you appreciated more prior.

• Yes
    • No

After listening to the remix on the RS site, I think it has! At first this album was one away from dead last due to the mix. Currently, I like it better than COS, T4E, and RUSH and is giving Presto and Roll the Bones a run for its money as well!!!

I think its a big improvement, im very happy. I didnt expect it to change its ranking. When I look at an album, the songs are what they are, and that didnt change.
  • Like 3

It's above Test For Echo, Feedback, Snakes and Arrows and Presto.

Wow! Snake and Arrows, that's one I didn't expect to see! Interesting!

Why is that? The song is considered among the band's worst by many on this board and off.

Why is that? The song is considered among the band's worst by many on this board and off.

I thought S&A was a pretty strong album. Specially after that initial dreadful sounding first release of Vapor Trails. The Album has about 8 good songs on it. Far Cry, Working Them Angels, Main Monkey Business, Mal-Nar, The Way the Wind blows, Armor and Sword, Hope, Sprindrift and Faithless just to mention a few. I don't think its one of their worst, just not to the greatness of the first 10. They just have so many albums now that unfortuantely some good albums will now find their way into the bottom 10. Now that said, the new remixed release of Vapor Trials has made me appreciate many of the songs I just couldn't get into prior. Which has elevated the album in my eyes past many others currently positioned at 14 overall. I can see it inching its way closer to S&A but I don't see it overtaking it anytime soon. But then who know? S&A has already been crushed under the weight VT in your book! :16ton:

I'm only ranking Vapor Trails with the remaining Atlantic era albums cause ranking it with the whole discography's gonna be a f**king pain in the ass for me. It will never beat Counterparts for me (that is the quintessential Atlantic era Rush album for me), but it elevated from second to last to a tie for second favorite Atlantic era album with Snakes and Arrows eclipsing Presto, Roll the Bones, Test for Echo and Feedback in that order.

For me personally, it only ranked higher because I've gone back and re-evaluated the album (I listened to the original mix when I did this) because it's been ages since I last listened to it. The remix played a substantial but non-essential role in my improved ranking of the album cause I listened to it only days after I listened to the original mix. If anything, the remix gave the songs a new life and a "new" sound to them which I see as a bonus rather than my reasons for its improved ranking.

• Like 1

A big yes! VT has climbed much higher with the new mix and sound! It is now a top ten Rush album. What intense energy and emotion this album has and although the new mix de-balls it a little, the cleaner sound and more refined textures gives it such a fresh appeal and illuminates the crafty and brilliant musical details a lot more. You can hear the details in the playing a lot more.

Both CA and VT are now my favorite Rush albums post Power Windows. Both albums have an incredible flow to them, are very emotionally intense, and have such tremendous energy that blows my mind. Both albums also have some very strong melodies. SA by comparison seems like a hiccup between these two due to its relatively plodding, disorganized and inconsistent nature.

CA and VT are albums that attack your senses from start to finish and are very gripping pieces of work with very poetic, deep lyrics. SA is more depressing to me lyrically, while CA and VT lift me up lyrically.

• Like 3

I'd say it's moved up past Counterparts on my list now. Stars Look Down is still the clunker on the album to me, but I'm finding myself enjoying Peaceable Kingdom and How It Is a lot more now. Those were the three songs I usually skipped. Stoked on Freeze sounding this good too. It's one of the best songs on the album, but maybe the worst sounding on the original mix. This shit rules.
  • Like 2

I'd put it below everything from 2112 to GUP, but above everything else except for CA. I've always liked the songs on VT, but I stopped playing it a long time ago because the distortion, etc., hurt my ears. I think there's a lot of quality music here, a lot of depth, but the better songs are not quite up to the level as the better songs from the glory days and CA.
  • Like 3

I thought many of the songs on the album were great, so it was already ranked with my favourites, but I didn't listen to it very often because of the frustrating/unpleasant sound. I don't know whether this remix will ultimately elevate it to a higher position on my list of favourites, but it very well might after a number of listens, because it's giving me new appreciation for some of the songs I didn't care for as much.

One way or the other, the one thing I know after two casual listens is that the remix will elevate the number of plays the album gets!

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 2

I thought S&A was a pretty strong album. Specially after that initial dreadful sounding first release of Vapor Trails. The Album has about 8 good songs on it. Far Cry, Working Them Angels, Main Monkey Business, Mal-Nar, The Way the Wind blows, Armor and Sword, Hope, Sprindrift and Faithless just to mention a few. I don't think its one of their worst, just not to the greatness of the first 10. They just have so many albums now that unfortuantely some good albums will now find their way into the bottom 10. Now that said, the new remixed release of Vapor Trials has made me appreciate many of the songs I just couldn't get into prior. Which has elevated the album in my eyes past many others currently positioned at 14 overall. I can see it inching its way closer to S&A but I don't see it overtaking it anytime soon. But then who know? S&A has already been crushed under the weight VT in your book! :16ton:

If you look at the album rankings thread, virtually everyone has S&A pretty low. Also, it seems that people who liked it at the beginning have soured on it. If you think it's a strong album, that's great. But I don't think that's the popular opinion in this case. At least on this board.

• Like 1

Amazing how a remix turned VT from a record I rarely listened to a record I will want to hear often. That's not all. I always liked the record a lot but now (I can't believe I'm saying this) I think VT and CA are pretty much tied for my fav post Power Windows record. Now that I can listen to these songs I can't stop listening to these songs:)
  • Like 4

The question I've been wondering is this:

Has Gary heard the remix, and does he actually LIKE Vapor Trails now? ;)

The question I've been wondering is this:

Has Gary heard the remix, and does he actually LIKE Vapor Trails now? ;)

:eyeroll:

If you thinking about Gary, send him a love letter.. I mean PM, and ask. He's been respectful with the Remix and to this Forum by not posting, alright?

• Like 3

The Reason we haven't heard from Goober is because he's locked away in his man-cave listening to the VT Remix attempting to find a distorted way of presenting his abrasive views on newly discovered discrepancies and or anomalies. :rage: Edited by losingit2k