Steve Harvey On Family Feud

rushgoober

I don't watch game shows very often, but I used to enjoy Family Feud with Richard Dawson back in the day. I saw a couple episodes when Louie Anderson did it years ago, but don't remember that too well.

Anyway, a few weeks back my wife and I came across the new version with Steve Harvey as host. We don't have the same opinions on everything, but very often we do - we both watched an episode or two and didn't really like him that much. Then we watched it again a few days later and it suddenly clicked for both of us - we just had to adapt to his sense of humor. Steve Harvey is f*cking FUNNY hosting this show! We've watched it several times now and we really watch it for him. And he's nothing like Richard Dawson - he's definitely got his own style going.

And yes, I know full well it's a cheesy game show and it's mindless entertainment. Hell, it's always been a cheesy game show, but Steve Harvey is knocking it out of the park with this one. Has anyone else seen it?

Edited by rushgoober
  • Like 2

My husband and I were just saying this!!! we never ever watch Family Feud- well, now we do, actually. He's so funny!! Talk about good personality. he makes the show much more enjoyable!

and for the record- Jeopardy is awesome, too ;)

• Like 2

Alex Trebek isn't really funny. :no:

Are you sure about that? Maybe this will change your mind. And yes, the video is legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Of4Cz0N1oQ

As for Steve Harvey on Family Feud, I think he's pretty hilarious and believe that he's great for hosting the show. I don't watch Family Feud or game shows that often but I think Steve Harvey is what's actually saving the show from being cancelled. I think my favorite part about watching Steve on the show is when he reacts to the contestants who give him a really absurd/ridiculous answer and then proceeds to berate them about why their answers suck.

• Like 1

Steve Harvey's hilarious on the show, but I think overall the show's on the decline. Both my gf and I agree- and we love the show and especially the fast money round (the best final round of all gameshows IMO)- but now every question's geared towards something sexual in some way. It's funny, once a show. But seriously guys the next time you watch it check it out and 90% of everything is geared towards the lowest common demoninator now.

Example might be something like:

We asked 100 women the following question: "Name something you put in your mouth before bedtime!"

And the worst part is that Steve acts surprised when ol' Granny's answer is what everybody was thinking the whole time.

I dunno.

• Like 1

My husband and I were just saying this!!! we never ever watch Family Feud- well, now we do, actually. He's so funny!! Talk about good personality. he makes the show much more enjoyable!

and for the record- Jeopardy is awesome, too ;)

Jeopardy is AWESOME.

Though is it just me or is the 30th anniversary set put the answer screens way too far away from the contestants now?

Steve Harvey's hilarious on the show, but I think overall the show's on the decline. Both my gf and I agree- and we love the show and especially the fast money round (the best final round of all gameshows IMO)- but now every question's geared towards something sexual in some way. It's funny, once a show. But seriously guys the next time you watch it check it out and 90% of everything is geared towards the lowest common demoninator now.

Example might be something like:

We asked 100 women the following question: "Name something you put in your mouth before bedtime!"

And the worst part is that Steve acts surprised when ol' Granny's answer is what everybody was thinking the whole time.

I dunno.

Hahaha, god damn I called it!

We watched this Tuesday night and the very first question:

"We asked 100 newlywed husbands if they reached for their bride's garter what would they be most surprised to find?"

FIRST CORRECT ANSWER GIVEN WAS PENIS.

Hahahaha! Anybody else see this?

Hahaha, god damn I called it!

We watched this Tuesday night and the very first question:

"We asked 100 newlywed husbands if they reached for their bride's garter what would they be most surprised to find?"

FIRST CORRECT ANSWER GIVEN WAS PENIS.

Hahahaha! Anybody else see this?

Nope, but now I'm wondering how Steve Harvey reacted, and if he reacted the same way as he did in the infamous Fast Money video.

I don't watch game shows very often, but I used to enjoy Family Feud with Richard Dawson back in the day. I saw a couple episodes when Louie Anderson did it years ago, but don't remember that too well.

Anyway, a few weeks back my wife and I came across the new version with Steve Harvey as host. We don't have the same opinions on everything, but very often we do - we both watched an episode or two and didn't really like him that much. Then we watched it again a few days later and it suddenly clicked for both of us - we just had to adapt to his sense of humor. Steve Harvey is f*cking FUNNY hosting this show! We've watched it several times now and we really watch it for him. And he's nothing like Richard Dawson - he's definitely got his own style going.

And yes, I know full well it's a cheesy game show and it's mindless entertainment. Hell, it's always been a cheesy game show, but Steve Harvey is knocking it out of the park with this one. Has anyone else seen it?

Steve Harvey is the best host that show's ever had, hands down. We watch it all the time now when nothing else is on and it's always funny.

And I grew up watching this with Dawson as well.

EDIT: Necro thread!!

Edited by Del_Duio

Best so far (paraphrasing from memory):

S.H. "name something a woman would hide in her purse."

Female Contestant: "A condom."

S.H. "Show me condom"

Scoreboard: DING! Condom/Poppa stoppa (#3 answer, 10 Points)

S.H. "All ya all are going straight to hell! You know that dontcha?"

Priceless