The "Spot the differences in Vapor Trails Remixed" Thread

Snaked

Let's have a little bit of fun here. We've all heard the guitar solo in CU and the extra echos at the end of GR.. those are obvious. Now lets see how many differences we can spot throughout the album.

I'll start with the one that hit me hardest on my first time through the stream.

On Ghost Rider when Geddy sings "And circle south and east" it's an entirely different vocal track.

He sings "Circle" my harsher and "East" isn't annunciated the same.

So.. what'cha notice?

I posted this in the other thread, but now that it is broken out: I noticed some notes (synth/keyboard?) being played on Sweet Miracle that I never heard before. Listen to the music after each time Geddy sings "oh, salvation."

Earthshine's chorus at the end is enunciated differently then the original track.. Sounds like a different take. Just one of the main differences I've heard... This album is so awesome... again!!

I think in that chorus, and in other songs like Peaceable Kingdom, certain vocal harmonies that were buried in the original mix are now more in the foreground.

• Like 1

I posted this in the other thread, but now that it is broken out: I noticed some notes (synth/keyboard?) being played on Sweet Miracle that I never heard before. Listen to the music after each time Geddy sings "oh, salvation."

I think it's just a high pitched and clean guitar sound, but I definitely don't hear it in the HD Tracks version (at least not on my portable speakers at medium/low volume).

Yup i hear that as well, also new drum (rim) sound at the beginning of Secret Touch.

Earthshine's chorus at the end is enunciated differently then the original track.. Sounds like a different take. Just one of the main differences I've heard... This album is so awesome... again!!

I think in that chorus, and in other songs like Peaceable Kingdom, certain vocal harmonies that were buried in the original mix are now more in the foreground.

I think your right on that one. If you listen closely enough to the original edits of songs like Ghost Rider and the two previously mentioned, I get a sense that they are there, just covered up by the grumble and the prominent main vocal track...

Freeze no longer sounds like a bunch of static with Geddy's Vocals burried in it.

Drums don't sound like a midi kit any more.

Original says copyright 2002, new one says copyright 2013.

On Ghost Rider when Geddy sings "And circle south and east" it's an entirely different vocal track.

He sings "Circle" my harsher and "East" isn't annunciated the same.

The choruses in Ghost Rider all sound differerent, especially the "shadows on the road behind, ahead, there's nothing to stop you now" bits. I think one of the lower harmonies seems to have been given greater emphasis.

It is a lot clearer now.

It's clearly still shit.

So you are basically saying that you can polish a turd! :moon:

Yeah. If you polish a turd it's still just a shiny turd.

But it doesn't sell and now it sounds much better coming out! :moon: