Vapor Trails Remixed up on Rolling Stone Website

Joesaracer

Well butter mah butt and call me a biscuit, VT sounds like a real album now! Seriously loving this. It's an actual pleasure to listen to instead of an exercise in trying to make my ears not bleed.

Also ZOMG WTF GUITAR SOLO in Ceiling Unlimited?

YES that is exactly what i was thinking!!!

TSLD gave me chills. Has some extra measures now. How It Is sounds great- better!

I'm playing on computer speakers at work, at low volume, and I'm hearing all this new stuff.

I bet VT remix sounds better than CA. :LOL:

Bottrill needs to produce the next Rush album!

• Like 1

Listened to the whole thing on my headphones:

Ceiling Unlimited's guitar solo sounds out of place the first time you hear it. The second time makes so much sense and fits. Love the bass distortion effect in Peaceable Kingdom. How It Is might be my favorite of the remixes, the intro is incredible. I felt Secret Touch and Earthshine were the least tinkered with, but I suppose that's ok. I thought Nocturne turned out interesting with the reverb on the guitar and the room effect on the vocals. Freeze was drastically different sounding, but for the better. And of course, now I can hear the drum fills clearly on Out of the Cradle!

I don't need the shitty RS site. The real thing:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/VaporTrailsremix_zps72309b06.jpg

• Like 6

Yeah I had to go back and listen to CU again. The solo seemed to come out of nowhere unexpectedly on the first listen (because we've been hearing the original for 11 years!) but it makes total sense upon further listening, as it comes right after Geddy's hyper bass break in the jam section.

Anyway, I'm extremely pleased with the remix. Heck even the songs I originally found less interesting (TSLD, Sweet Miracle) sound interesting now.

I'm not sure I'm in love with the new beginning to Ghost Rider. The cymbals seem to loud, and the echoes on Geddy seem odd. I'm not saying I'm going to dislike it, but I suspect that for this song I'll be keeping the HDTracks version in my playlist. Whether this version makes it is yet to be seen.

Holy shit, Ceiling Unlimited has a guitar solo! :o Wha.. what happened to the jam section! Wow, interesting.

HATE IT. Why'd they add that stupid little guitar solo there? That power chord section was my favorite part of the song, and now it's buried behind a solo that wasn't there before and didn't need to be added in! Don't change the songs, just make them sound better!

The song sounds good now apart from that.

Holy shit, Ceiling Unlimited has a guitar solo! :o Wha.. what happened to the jam section! Wow, interesting.

HATE IT.

GOOBER HAS KIDNAPPED 73!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, don't encourage him. I'd rather have people giving thoughtful opinions on the changes rather than making turd polishing troll-posts.

HATE IT.

Please, don't encourage him. I'd rather have people giving thoughtful opinions on the changes rather than making turd polishing troll-posts.

Unfortunately, he's a fly. Is a window is opened, he has to fly right on in, and poo everywhere.

But, back on topic, there are so many things going on with the remix, I don't know where to start, it's that good. Everything has been given space to breathe, everything is crisper and balanced. It's a new album.

HATE IT.

Exactly.

Listening to Peaceable Kingdom, and I'm really liking how it sounds now. It's still weird and snarky, but with separation and clarity.

HATE IT.

I agree, I love the album and don't give a rat's ass, what that numb nuts thinks of it :LOL: