KING CRIMSON IS BACK!

Nate2112

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/entertainment/king_crimson_announce_comeback_and_new_lineup.html

""After a four-year hiatus, prog rock legends King Crimson are once again back on track with their eighth incarnation. Guitar mastermind Robert Fripp announced the big news in his latest diary entry, noting that the Crims will now perform as a seven-piece. Specifically, the lineup will consist of Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison, second drummer Bill Rieflin of R.E.M, virtuoso bassist Tony Levin, third drummer Pat Mastelotto, Mel Collins on saxophone, multi-instrumentalist Jakko Jakszyk and Fripp himself handling the axe

This is a very different reformation to what has gone before: seven players, four English and three American, with three drummers. The Seven-Headed Beast of Crim is in Go! mode," Fripp noted. The guitarist also stated that due to previous obligations of individual band members, King Crimson will only be able to perform in about a year. "All the Crims have expressed great excitement at the return to Go! mode," Fripp explains. "Given the considerable commitments of all members, it will take a year before Crimson is able to perform." He continued, "Bill Rieflin mentioned to me that he told Jacknife Lee (REM and Robbie Williams' producer) of the triple drumming, and Jacknife's reply: Of course. We know what two drummers sound like! I'm hoping we'll find out, and have a pile of fun doing so." The axeman concluded on optimistic note, "Dear brother Crims, we have one year to prepare for action of the savage variety, and be in Go! mode for September 2014 ... but essentially, King Crimson is in motion." Whether or not will the band possibly hit the studio yet remains unknown. The latest KC studio effort, "The Power to Believe," saw its release in February 2003 through Sanctuary Records.

• Like 1

What...again? Haven't they been "back" since a few years ago?

There was a couple of things, the 2008 tour with Fripp, Belew, Levin, Mastelotto and Harrison, but that led nowhere

and the seventh Crimson ProjeKct with Jakko Jakszyk, Mel Collins and Rob with Levin and Harrison as well, they did an album called a scarcity of miracles.

They never really went away...

Sorry for the massive bump on this thread. Managed to get Philadelphia tickets last week to one show. SInce this tour is billed as a Farewell tour tickets are going for a killing on the aftermarket. Rush 41st anniversary next year and Crimson 46th anniversary this year. Who could ask for more?

Got my tix. 100 bucks for cheapo seats. After market prices range well into the 600s, and the tour is still months away.

Should be very interesting. They are saying that they will be playing both old and new material. My understanding is that the only oldie they ever played was Red, but perhaps there will be more this time around?

Got my tix. 100 bucks for cheapo seats. After market prices range well into the 600s, and the tour is still months away.

Should be very interesting. They are saying that they will be playing both old and new material. My understanding is that the only oldie they ever played was Red, but perhaps there will be more this time around?

Lark part 2 has been played often... I don't see Fripp go further back in time...

"Let's call it quits while we're still at the top" - said no band ever.

Well, in a way, they DID call it quits in 1969... they've never been the same band. And again in '74. But then, I see Crim as a kind of jazz ensemble, they can play what they want as long as the fingers don't fail them.

Cream, The Beatles, Dio in Black Sabbath/Rainbow, and Porcupine Tree.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/a88df712314728b2476e006a31ccc171/tumblr_n6yrirL9qL1r41unfo1_250.gif

Ok, I will agree with the Beatles. But Cream did a comeback (and even tried it with Gary Moore replacing Clapton), Dio came back to Sabbath as Heaven Hell, Rainbow came back with Doogie White only to tarnish their otherwise incredible legacy, and with Porcupine Tree I´m not even sure it´s official, but they only called it quits yesterday...give them time!

Cream, The Beatles, Dio in Black Sabbath/Rainbow, and Porcupine Tree.

The Police