New interview with Geddy Lee

losingit2k

Geddy is a good man. After the way Rolling Stone has treated Rush over the decades, that he would give such a gracious interview.

Losingit, thank you for posting the link. My only regret is that I no longer hobnob in bars in Manhattan, or anywhere else for that matter. If I did, I'd find out which bar in what "swanky" downtown hotel he was in and make off with the stool he was sitting on! (Only joking.)

Geddy Lee is a professional through and through. I admire him a great deal.

P.S. He says he was sick, but the truth is July 6th was my birthday and he couldn't miss my party. ;) ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

In the previous tour, I had a really bad strep throat. And I had to do a gig that night in Hamilton, Ontario. I did it and I woke up the next day and my ear was so infected, the whole thing had gone into my ear. I had to fly to Montreal. This is kind of gross, but I had to go to a doctor and he had to puncture my ear.

This was on the day of a show. I did the show, and I spent the next three days in absolute hell. I got through the show, but it was a nightmare. My worst memory ever on tour.

And people talk shit about his voice?! Bunch of unthankful little ...

:rage:

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 7

Excellent interview, and as i suspected Neil & Geddy had no idea Alex was going give "blah, blah, blah" acceptance speech Rock HOF ceremonies.. :LOL:
  • Like 4

Even though I am sad that I am not Mrs. Weinrib, I love the way Geddy always talks about doing stuff with his wifey. :wub:
  • Like 4

Their manager wants them to launch a tour next year to celebrate the 40th anniversary of drummer Neil Peart joining the group.

"That's not going to happen though," Geddy Lee tells Rolling Stone

Thank the Lord because my wallet and credit cards say it's not going to happen, haha.

• Like 3

Good interview, but I don't know why he has to throw "F*cking" in every time. It seems forced and out of place for him.

f***ing Canadians, eh?

He's f***ing Geddy Lee, he can say whatever he wants!! ;)

I like the sound of R42. Take a break, reconnect with your family, and when the time is right...let's do this again. :rush:

• Like 2

Good interview, but I don't know why he has to throw "F*cking" in every time. It seems forced and out of place for him.

I can't agree with forced but out of place definitely.

I'll never forget the first time I saw that one of them had sworn. It was like '85 and Geddy was doing an interview and he said, "f**k it".

My mind was blown...I couldn't believe what I was reading...I was actually like....Ho-leee shit???!!!! God wasn't flawless..

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

Excellent insight into the making of Vapor Trails and what happened with the mixing. :ebert: Just the other day, I was talking to my niece (who loves the album as it is), about all the trauma that happened with the band and their recording of the album. No band is perfect, and even the best bands are going to have unfortunate accidents, mistakes, and logistical "incidents". Add in the personal tragedies and issues, and you can get a badly produced album.
  • Like 1

I love how they asked him the questions we've been talking about in the threads here. Should stop some of the speculation about a tour and album at least.