Most emotional/best version of "Bravado"

coventry

I'm guessing that a large percentage of fans dislike RTB despite loving Bravado, whereas I would say I like RTB despite not loving Bravado.

If that makes sense…

I'm with you, though I'm not sure that there are really all that many people who love Bravado. It seems like much more of a band favorite than a fan favorite.

Actually, if you look at the Feedback subforum, you'll see it's TRF's second most popular song off RTB (behind Dreamline).

I agree that it's generally considered somewhat popular among Rush fans - RTB isn't considered great in general as an entire album, but Dreamline, Bravado and Ghost of a Chance are generally well considered, sometimes the title track and sometimes the instrumental - even though personally the only song among those I really ever want to listen to is Dreamline, at least with those songs I can understand why they're liked. As for the rest of the songs on the album - (would instert vomit smiley if we still had it)

No more vomit. The emoticons got the shaft after last years upgrade. :boohoo:

Did someone say no more vomit???!??? I beg to differ.

If there's ONE reaction a discussion of "Bravado" is sure to induce, it's DEFINITELY projectile vomiting...

http://www.rainbowpuke.com/pics/brainface-rainbowpuke.gif

I want to bathe in that vomit. But then again, that makes sense as I love this song.

Is Rush the only band where half the fanbase hates half their music?

Hell no. As an equally rabid Phish fan, I love how we (Phish fans) have a love/hate relationship with the jam quartet as equally critical as the Rush dynamic.

Hell no. As an equally rabid Phish fan, I love how we (Phish fans) have a love/hate relationship with the jam quartet as equally critical as the Rush dynamic.

What is the schism of Phish fans?

I'm guessing that a large percentage of fans dislike RTB despite loving Bravado, whereas I would say I like RTB despite not loving Bravado.

If that makes sense…

I'm with you, though I'm not sure that there are really all that many people who love Bravado. It seems like much more of a band favorite than a fan favorite.

Actually, if you look at the Feedback subforum, you'll see it's TRF's second most popular song off RTB (behind Dreamline).

I agree that it's generally considered somewhat popular among Rush fans - RTB isn't considered great in general as an entire album, but Dreamline, Bravado and Ghost of a Chance are generally well considered, sometimes the title track and sometimes the instrumental - even though personally the only song among those I really ever want to listen to is Dreamline, at least with those songs I can understand why they're liked. As for the rest of the songs on the album - (would instert vomit smiley if we still had it)

No more vomit. The emoticons got the shaft after last years upgrade. :boohoo:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/ruskotzen_17bf1_zps02110e8a.gif

The usual - old Phish versus new Phish; tight playing versus noodling; old Trey versus new Trey. Whether today's Phish can EVER match up with late-90's Phish, etc....

All a bunch of shyte, really.

The usual - old Phish versus new Phish; tight playing versus noodling; old Trey versus new Trey. Whether today's Phish can EVER match up with late-90's Phish, etc....

All a bunch of shyte, really.

Late 90's is the considered the best? I've always felt that their music was hit or miss, but I did personally love Billy Breathes the most, but I didn't think that it was popular with fans. I felt it had a great mood throughout it. It doesn't have the great song on it, but it was just a pleasure to sit and listen to the album every time. But I like Joy and Junta, too, so what do I know. I still have never seen them live, and would love to. Thread hijack over.

• Like 1

To refocus abit, I think the live versions of Bravado should be the only one's considered, if only for the Alex solo during the last part. That being said, I tend to bounce around from a few boot versions (nuts and bolts) to Different stages. Right now though I'm listening to the version of it on Rush in Rio...though I would love to find a way to get the R30 version, no clue how to get that song off the blu ray.
  • Like 1