Most emotional/best version of "Bravado"

coventry

I absolutely HATE this song. Loathe it with an incredibly unequalled passion. The epitome of exactly what was WRONG with Rush in the '90s. Just complete unequivocal pure horrendous boredom. I'd rather listen to grass grow. There is NO better way to destroy momentum in a setlist than to pull out this shitfest. Remember Different Stages? Yep...Bravado is on it. Sucks the life right out of the show the second it starts. It's almost as if someone took a huge dump right there on the cd itself. Why they continue to insist to torture the audience with this POS song from time to time absolutely astounds me.

A little harsh but a good post.

Um, no. The post itself is infantile, myopic, deluded, and musically ignorant to the point of being painful. But, hey - at least the internet exists for this person to rant to, right?

Asking which version of Bravado is most emotional is akin to asking which bowling ball is the most square.

Um, ambiguity? Is this positive? Negative?

Horrible song. Weak, limp-wristed beige-fest. Rotten. With Hallmark card lyrics thrown in for good measure.

I wouldn't say horrible. They've done far worse, and on the very same album. That said, I never ever listen to it. The RTB is about one thing fro me: Dreamline

Too U2-ie?

If so, I can see that reaction?

I like it. It's far from an all-time favorite, but I think it's a good song.

I've never considered the U2-esque similarities, but now that you mention it, "Where The Streets Have No Name" bears some resemblance...

I absolutely HATE this song. Loathe it with an incredibly unequalled passion. The epitome of exactly what was WRONG with Rush in the '90s. Just complete unequivocal pure horrendous boredom. I'd rather listen to grass grow. There is NO better way to destroy momentum in a setlist than to pull out this shitfest. Remember Different Stages? Yep...Bravado is on it. Sucks the life right out of the show the second it starts. It's almost as if someone took a huge dump right there on the cd itself. Why they continue to insist to torture the audience with this POS song from time to time absolutely astounds me.

Um, no. The post itself is infantile, myopic, deluded, and musically ignorant to the point of being painful. But, hey - at least the internet exists for this person to rant to, right?

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/batboystiiiwater/BRAVADO_zps57a2e3a3.jpg

Edited by Spaghetti Lee
  • Like 1

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff230/batboystiiiwater/BRAVADO_zps57a2e3a3.jpg

while i think the hatred post was a bit over the top, i'm definitely closer to that point of view (and it was pretty funny) then the loving the song point of view.

i hadn't heard the song in years, so i just played it. my reaction? my mind started to wander after about 45 seconds and it just seemed very sterile and lifeless for rush. i'm cool with more mellow ballad type rush songs - tears, losing it, the pass, mission, entre nous, etc. - bring it, i love that stuff, but bravado i just find sentimental, schmaltzy and kind of limp. it's not a horrible song, it's just kind of boring. if the lyrics speak to you, that's cool. i can see how it could - it just doesn't do much for me personally.

Asking which version of Bravado is most emotional is akin to asking which bowling ball is the most square.

Yes.

• Like 1

Yes.

What the goodly Mr. Jarg is trying to say is that Bravado is as emotional as a bowling ball is square, which is to say not at all. ;)

Edited by rushgoober

I'm guessing that a large percentage of fans dislike RTB despite loving Bravado, whereas I would say I like RTB despite not loving Bravado.

If that makes sense…

I'm with you, though I'm not sure that there are really all that many people who love Bravado. It seems like much more of a band favorite than a fan favorite.

I'm guessing that a large percentage of fans dislike RTB despite loving Bravado, whereas I would say I like RTB despite not loving Bravado.

If that makes sense…

I'm with you, though I'm not sure that there are really all that many people who love Bravado. It seems like much more of a band favorite than a fan favorite.

Actually, if you look at the Feedback subforum, you'll see it's TRF's second most popular song off RTB (behind Dreamline).

Yes.

What the goodly Mr. Jarg is trying to say is that Bravado is as emotional as a bowling ball is square, which is to say not at all. ;)

The both of you are as emotional as a bowling ball.

:joker:

If that makes sense…

Actually, if you look at the Feedback subforum, you'll see it's TRF's second most popular song off RTB (behind Dreamline).

I agree that it's generally considered somewhat popular among Rush fans - RTB isn't considered great in general as an entire album, but Dreamline, Bravado and Ghost of a Chance are generally well considered, sometimes the title track and sometimes the instrumental - even though personally the only song among those I really ever want to listen to is Dreamline, at least with those songs I can understand why they're liked. As for the rest of the songs on the album - (would instert vomit smiley if we still had it)

If that makes sense…

I'm not sure that anointing a song the best on RtB indicates love of that song for a lot of people. We're not exactly talking about choosing between the songs on Hemispheres here.

Yes.

You saying that makes me sad. :(

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7svs8WGbt1qmhbtco1_500.jpg

If that makes sense…

I agree that it's generally considered somewhat popular among Rush fans - RTB isn't considered great in general as an entire album, but Dreamline, Bravado and Ghost of a Chance are generally well considered, sometimes the title track and sometimes the instrumental - even though personally the only song among those I really ever want to listen to is Dreamline, at least with those songs I can understand why they're liked. As for the rest of the songs on the album - (would instert vomit smiley if we still had it)

No more vomit. The emoticons got the shaft after last years upgrade. :boohoo:

Yes.

Hey look, holes in your soul. I knew it!

If that makes sense…

I'm not sure that anointing a song the best on RtB indicates love of that song for a lot of people. We're not exactly talking about choosing between the songs on Hemispheres here.

:LOL: oh sure, a song being popular in a Feedback poll doesn't mean people actually love it.

:seinfeldeyeroll:

Yes.

can I assume that this whole hole in my soul and thinking i'm this awful troll creature is more for the board, and you don't actually think i'm a horrible person?

i actually tried to PM you that, but it said you'd disabled PM's from me, so here we are. feel free to disable and send me a PM. ;)

Yes.

can I assume that this whole hole in my soul and thinking i'm this awful troll creature is more for the board, and you don't actually think i'm a horrible person?

i actually tried to PM you that, but it said you'd disabled PM's from me, so here we are. feel free to disable and send me a PM. ;)

Okay, feel free to PM now if you wish. I don't know why though. I've explained many times in different threads my feelings on the posting stylings of rushgoober. If you're going to explain to me the reasons why you troll, like music shouldn't really mean that much (yes, yes it does) and it isn't that important (yes, yes it is), then don't bother. :)

Yes.

Okay, feel free to PM now if you wish. I don't know why though. I've explained many times in different threads my feelings on the posting stylings of rushgoober. If you're going to explain to me the reasons why you troll, like music shouldn't really mean that much (yes, yes it does) and it isn't that important (yes, yes it is), then don't bother. :)

not at all - PM'ing you

Yes.

Fascinating. ;)

• Like 2

Yes.

Fascinating. ;)

Do me a favor Jarg. Two favors actually:

1. Live Long

2. Prosper

If that makes sense…

Did someone say no more vomit???!??? I beg to differ.

If there's ONE reaction a discussion of "Bravado" is sure to induce, it's DEFINITELY projectile vomiting...

http://www.rainbowpuke.com/pics/brainface-rainbowpuke.gif

Edited by Spaghetti Lee

If that makes sense…

Did someone say no more vomit???!??? I beg to differ.

If there's ONE reaction a discussion of "Bravado" is sure to induce, it's DEFINITELY projectile vomiting...

http://www.rainbowpuke.com/pics/brainface-rainbowpuke.gif

technicolor projectile vomiting even!