Nicholas Cage to star in 9/11 film

physics23

Keep Oliver Stone Away from 9/11!

Will he say LBJ did it?

By Mickey Kaus

Updated Saturday, July 9, 2005, at 4:08 AM PT

Keep Oliver Stone Away from 9/11! Is Oliver Stone really the person to direct a big-budget film about the rescue of Officers McLoughlin and Jimeno from the rubble of the World Trade Center? Stone has shown he has trouble leaving history alone (most famously in JFK); he'll probably have some wacky, conspiratorial left-wing theory to add into the script. ... The McLoughlin rescue is a surprising. moving and patriotic story if you just tell it as it happened. Do you trust Stone to do that? I don't. ... Is Hollywood so out of touch it thinks Stone's version of 9/11 is what America is clamoring for? After Alexander, at that? ... Stone should be free to say what he wants. But it might be useful for Paramount's Brad Grey to hear that many Americans--including, say, a mob of salivating bloggers--are not eager to provide Stone with a paying audience. ... Sharon Waxman Angle: Is this Grey's first big misstep? ... 3:34 P.M.

Source

Personally, I'm a lot happier with the choice for producer than leading actor.

Oops, make that director.

Edited by physics23

wink.gif Wondered who would be first to test the water on 9/11. These sort of things make me a little uneasy, after all movies are made to make money and I don't like movies made out of all that suffering. I think it is all too soon. No respect for the families some folk. Is this just me thinking this?. Last year I was in N York and though we were only a few blocks away at one time I could not face going to Ground zero. wink.gif

I dont think i can handle seein a movie bout this and Reliving it all over gain.

I still break down when they have those shows on TV bout what happened.

Actualy i think im kinda nauseated by the thoughts that someone is makin $$$ off this horrible incident. sad.gif

I know we should and WONT ever forget bout what happened on 9/11/01 but cumon a movie?

Maybe its differant for me cause i live here & knew people that lived & died in the towers,but i know i wont be seeing this movie..

why go threw alll those feelings once gain, hell i dont evn know if most are over it yet!

If some proceeds goes to the victims and their families i might Buy the Dvd just to help them out a lil but honestly i cant watch somthing like that gain no.gif

Alright, I realize that this is entertainment news, but this has the potential of becoming political. If it does, I WILL delete this thread. Thanks.

Making dramas into blockbusters and national holidays.

Maybe it is an uplifting story i don`t know. The fact that hollywood is trying to capitalize on such a horrific event doesnt surprize me either. They just wait it out long enough so the wounds are partially healed. I will not go see this movie unless all the profits are donated to the families of the victims. Even then i would find the movie hard to attend. I think its crazy that anyone would produce a movie that is sure to open those wounds once again just so some hollywood fat cat can line his big fat wallet.

QUOTE (furie @ Jul 9 2005, 07:30 PM)
too soon.

I concur. If one looks back in history, most movies made quickly after an event aren't that good anyway. Think of all the syrupy, flaccid WW2 movies made in the late 40s and early 50s. I have no problem with hollywood "making money" by producing a movie set during a dramatic period of time, but I think at least a decade or so should pass to let the boiling emotions of that event pass over somewhat.

i was wondering if anybody would ever make a movie or something about this, but i wasn't expecting it to be this soon.

i'll probably end up seeing this movie just cuz it seems like an interesting movie, and despite you people's not so great opinion on him i really like Nicholas Cage, but i do agree that it is too soon and they shouldn't be making a movie like this at this time.