Clockwork Angels DVD

upstateNYfan

When will the CD be available for preorder?

I've been wondering that, too. I haven't seen Thing One about it, and I'm starting to worry that maybe there won't be one.

Rush.com said: On November 19th, "RUSH: CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR" will be released simultaneously via Anthem/Roadrunner Records on CD and the companion BLURAY/DVD on Anthem/Zoe Vision/Rounder.

It's coming. No worries. :)

hell yea!!!! :drool:

It could similar reasons to when they filmed R30 in Frankfurt. They knew the venue well, the sound was good and sometimes it just fits the tourplan.

Not to come off as combative, but this was their first show in the American Airlines Center, and the sound was very, very quiet. It was almost like the size of the venue was too big, and the sound just escaped. As for the tourplan, nobody on here except maybe FOH Lights knows if that was the case :)

From a new RS interview with Geddy:

Sometimes it's a very concerted effort to choose a time and a place, as it was with Rio. We wanted to record in Brazil and we wanted that location. And when we chose Cleveland, there was a very definite reason for that because Cleveland was the first city that really embraced us. It was a full-circle thing. But this tour, we didn't make any plans originally to record it, but then after we saw that our work was paying off and we were so proud of the show, we thought, "Okay, we have to record this." We had a second leg planned in the new year, and at the time we didn't know whether we would change songs or not. The feeling was, "Life is too unpredictable. Let's not record it next year. Let's record it now because at least we know what the show is." So we quickly found a venue that was appropriate, or really a couple of venues, and that's how we did it.

:bump:

A facebook friend of mine received his copy here in Holland from bol.com today as well!! I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered next week from amazon.uk :eh:

Change of plan: I've just cancelled my amazon order and ordered one from bol.com as well. So tomorrow will be the day that I hopefully will receive the dvd as well :7up:

Edited by Catch The Mystery

We got the next day by Bowie, from amazon uk, and it arrived the Saturday before release. Maybe shouldn't have been so hasty.

Well, I did this because amazon didn't send me a "we have shipped your order" email yet. They gave next thur-sat as a delivery date. So the best option was to switch to bol ;)

Edited by Catch The Mystery

I received an email from the Rush Backstage Club that my Limited Edition Set will be shipped on Wednesday so I guess I will not be able to see this at home until the end of the week, :( Edited by RedSectorA

Amazon delivered mine on Monday. I also autoripped the cd to my phone this morning. I am through Body Electric on the Blu Ray and the video is excellent. The sound quality from the cloud download is very good also. I had listened to it a couple of times on Pandora and it sounds better than that by a long shot.

So my wife left work at lunch to go to a closeby store and pick me up the deluxe edition Blu Ray. It came with an XL blah tee. I don't know if other sizes were avalible (I'm a M), but they only had 1 BRD left, so close enough. My first impression. It's awesome! But I don't think it will be my favourite concert Blu Ray at all. The picture is awesome, such vibrant colours, lots of peart-cam. I am not crazy about about the camera angles from in the crowd, I've already seen them on youtube and real life.

I am very thankful that they were able to capture the clockwork angels experience on film with all the songs played on the tour, although the production on Phoenix songs isn't as good. The audio is decent, but certainly not as good as TMT, S&A or R30 IMO. Technically that would make it the worst blu ray sound quality Rush has released, but I don't want to be too picky. Overall, it's a little more raw than the other films. I will probably grow to love it more just because I loved the tour so much.

So my wife left work at lunch to go to a closeby store and pick me up the deluxe edition Blu Ray. It came with an XL blah tee. I don't know if other sizes were avalible (I'm a M), but they only had 1 BRD left, so close enough. My first impression. It's awesome! But I don't think it will be my favourite concert Blu Ray at all. The picture is awesome, such vibrant colours, lots of peart-cam. I am not crazy about about the camera angles from in the crowd, I've already seen them on youtube and real life.

I am very thankful that they were able to capture the clockwork angels experience on film with all the songs played on the tour, although the production on Phoenix songs isn't as good. The audio is decent, but certainly not as good as TMT, S&A or R30 IMO. Technically that would make it the worst blu ray sound quality Rush has released, but I don't want to be too picky. Overall, it's a little more raw than the other films. I will probably grow to love it more just because I loved the tour so much.

Seeker - I agree. The mix is pretty shaky on umpteen songs. Subdivisions e.g. sounds a bit muddy to my ears.

Also the bottom end frequency seems to have been taken out on a load of songs and they're left sounding really tinny.

I'm no audio expert but watching it for the first time I was grimacing in quite a few places :(

Listen to a few then try some off S&A or TM and I could really tell the difference.

Picture quality was fantastic though.

Considering they've had a year to get it 100% perfect there is no excuse.

I'd agree with the audio comments.. at least several of the songs on the dvd sound substandard to me...I'm tired of being disappointed in sound quality of some of the recent releases, both on dvd and on cd. While some are worse than others, I'd be lying if I said this sort of thing can be easily excused after repeated audio mis-steps.

I've had my Blu-Ray copy for awhile but have not opened it yet. I decided to give myself and extra Christmas present by wrapping it and opening it Christmas day. I've been watching S&A/Time Machine Tour Blu Rays over the last few days in creating a sort of Rush concert trilogy. I'll give my feedback on CA soon.

Well let me first........wow that's never a good way to start, lol. But let me first say that this was my fav tour and setlist in a while. Love it. The DVD is so frustrating though. I agree the sound is kinda all over the place. But that never bugged me. What does bother me......more then ANYTHING. Is the quick cutting. It's a gripe for me on any Concert DVD and this may rank as one of the worst jobs ever. I mean.......STOP!!!!!!

I mean it's like. Here's Ged, to Al, to Neil, Al's got a solo so let's go to Ged, Back of the house, bird's eye view of the stage, to the strings,To a shitty cell phone like view, to........the SOUND GUY?!!!!!!!! i mean you could have a major seizure. from watching this.

And i apologize for gripping. I wanted to love this. I was waiting for it. It's a shelfer for me. At least I can enjoy the CD'S.

Mick

• Like 1