Can We Talk About Concert Etiquette?

sun dog

What Gedsy really meant to say was:

"And if you don't document it, fans will with bootlegs and the profit won't be there"

Yet another misplaced comment from GR79 ('79? Must be the last time you bought a Rush release).

Do us all a favour and take the advices you always get and don't buy any of the upcoming releases and stay away from upcoming shows. And more important, don't respond to topics that contain any news on the band. There are a lot of threads where you can show your love for the (long gone) 70's.

Thank you!

LOL

Bootlegs ... I remember those.

Friends in high school would show up to school with cassette recording of a concert the night before taken with some vintage cassette recorder that they managed to sneak in and keep out of sight while recording.

I'm not sure that there was much difference between the sound quality there and a series of farts.

LOL

I always used to ask myself why even bother going thru the trouble, what's the point.

Those were the days tho, smoke filled upper arenas, the smell of grass all-around, lighters hoisted ...

It'd be fun to pick a show and go back in time for a night, wouldn't it.

Oh my GOD. You sound juuuust like my husband. He HATES drivers like that.

One time a guy cut us off and almost slammed into us- with our then-baby daughter in the backseat. Jeff flipped the driver off, making him get out of his car and try to stomp and act all tough on his way over to our car.

Jeff got right on out, rolled his sleeves up and waited. The other guy ran back to his car. Trying to act tough after almost smashing into another car!! what an idiot!!!

I too hate people most days.

that sense of entitlement is turning so many people into inconsiderate- and yes, stupid- dolts.

BTW, have you noticed that more and more people drive by looking back thru their sideview mirrors instead of looking out their front windshields?

Don't get that either, the light changes, I politely tap on my horn to let you know because you're doing something on your phone, and then for the next half mile you're looking at me in your mirror rather than focusing on what's in front of you.

Yeah, that's emotionally well-adjusted. LOL