Dirxst

gangsterfurious

Has anybody heard of it? Read any? What are your thoughts? :o

Gangster, my computer speed is that of a turtle.

I found some stuff in a search.

My emoticons aren't working.

Else I would add two more shockies to your one.

LOL I know right?

Dirxst is for lack of a better word, fan-fiction stories written about Alex and Geddy set in alternate universes where they are lovers, married, having an affair, etc..

Dirxst is for lack of a better word, fan-fiction stories written about Alex and Geddy set in alternate universes where they are lovers, married, having an affair, etc..

:scared:

:blink:

:facepalm:

Cannot unsee! Need brain bleach..........

• Like 1

Uh...hmmm....wow?

http://static.freepik.com/free-photo/face---shocked_2201889.jpg

• Like 1

:(

I like imagination and all, and I like Alex and Geddy, and I like that they're such good friends... but this crosses a line for me. I'd heard of this before, but am not interested in finding out more.

In my imagination, I don't need Alex and Geddy to be in that kind of relationship with each other. (I'm doing this on my phone, else I would insert one of those 'no' emotions) I think it's kind of creepy, and kind of sullies a good old fashioned friendship. I hope this doesn't make me sound prudish or whatever, but when I'm that much invested in the boys being awesome for how they are... I don't need this kind of stuff to debase it.

I like them being best friends, and don't want ickiness to mar what is good and pure.

I'm going to leave now before you all start telling me to loosen up or something! :P

• Like 3

No. Dirxst is slang for what was posted above about their "relationship." Sometimes stories are made up from a picture of them. It can get really intense and if u don't like that sort of thing it is best not to go there.

I like imagination and all, and I like Alex and Geddy, and I like that they're such good friends... but this crosses a line for me. I'd heard of this before, but am not interested in finding out more.

In my imagination, I don't need Alex and Geddy to be in that kind of relationship with each other. (I'm doing this on my phone, else I would insert one of those 'no' emotions) I think it's kind of creepy, and kind of sullies a good old fashioned friendship. I hope this doesn't make me sound prudish or whatever, but when I'm that much invested in the boys being awesome for how they are... I don't need this kind of stuff to debase it.

I like them being best friends, and don't want ickiness to mar what is good and pure.

I'm going to leave now before you all start telling me to loosen up or something! :P

No, you're absolutely right Mika :)

I find it refreshing to see two men have a deep friendship, where they're not afraid of giving each other a hug, or lean against each other on stage (I'm thinking of that picture where Alex rests his head on Geddy's shoulder), and it's sad that someone will put any sleazy thoughts and intentions into their friendship. Sadly, I think it's getting harder for men to hug each other without someone thinking they're gay in some negative way.

• Like 4

i thought dirxt was just a slang term for pictures of them together on stage and stuff.... :huh:

At first, I thought it was, too! I thought it was cute - combine their nicknames (Dirk and Lerxst) in a cute way in photos showing their friendship or whatever. Then it gradually became clear that `Dirxst` meant something a lot less innocent. :|

Sadly, I think it's getting harder for men to hug each other without someone thinking they're gay in some negative way.

Nothin' negative about being gay, but there's definitely something voyeuristic and weird about fan fiction. :scared:

Another word to never Google :)

Of course, that's what I did when I read the first post of this thread. Never again! :eh:

Edited by Bluefunk
  • Like 1

The `good` kind of `Dirxst`:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/tumblr_lqaiogZYKL1qa4ccvo1_1280_zpsa410984e.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/Smileforthecameraeye_zps75c69638.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/cpgeddy61_zpsf1237014.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/BoysonPhoneRush_74_2_patti2112_zpsb34f7f90.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/az2_zps2eb84339.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/geddy-alex-3-2006.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/tumblr_mboohgIZf91rglgxzo1_500-2.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g454/GoddessMika/Rush/3013_3_large.jpg

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/alex-lifeson-and-geddy-lee-rush-honored-star-2t0IsT.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Premiere+RUSH+Beyond+Lighted+Stage+2010+Tribeca+0BsSP2Kemjal.jpg

Just two very long-time buddies, as close as brothers, comfortable enough with each other that they don`t have `personal bubbles of space`. Yes, some of these photos could be seen to corroborate the `bad` kind of Dirxst, but at face-value, it`s just two guys being buddies. And it warms my heart so see such obvious friendship before the camera lens. :wub:

• Like 6

Sadly, I think it's getting harder for men to hug each other without someone thinking they're gay in some negative way.

Nothin' negative about being gay, but there's definitely something voyeuristic and weird about fan fiction. :scared:

Of course, that's what I did when I read the first post of this thread. Never again! :eh:

Oh, I hope I didn't come off as being negative about homosexuals? I very much support their fight for having the same civil rights, and I'm pro gay marriage. Even participates in Gay Pride parades to show my support. Just wanted to clarify :)

• Like 1

Oh, I hope I didn't come off as being negative about homosexuals? I very much support their fight for having the same civil rights, and I'm pro gay marriage. Even participates in Gay Pride parades to show my support. Just wanted to clarify :)

No, you didn`t come off as negative towards homosexuals! You said ``gay in a negative way``, which I understand. Not meaning just gay, which is fine, but using gayness in a negative kind of way, which is not fine. I hope my messy clarification makes sense!

ETA: Kind of like if someone sees two men hugging, and snipes, ``Gawd, that`s so GAY.`` This is a totally negative thing to say, and personally, I`m sick of hearing people throw around the `G` word in situations that really don`t warrant it, like using it as an adjective to describe something negative. There are many words in the English language to convey negativity about something, and `gay` is not the right choice.

Edited by Mika
  • Like 1

Yeah I was a little weirded out by it. I mean, Geddy and Alex are pretty private and then there are these stories where people are writing about them like they know about their lives and personalities, in some cases Geddy comes off like he has severe issues. But whatever. I just wanted to know if other Rush fans have heard of it.
  • Like 1

No, you're absolutely right Mika :)

I find it refreshing to see two men have a deep friendship, where they're not afraid of giving each other a hug, or lean against each other on stage (I'm thinking of that picture where Alex rests his head on Geddy's shoulder), and it's sad that someone will put any sleazy thoughts and intentions into their friendship. Sadly, I think it's getting harder for men to hug each other without someone thinking they're gay in some negative way.

I know exactly what you mean. Like I'd like to be able to hug or give my bestie of 20 years a kiss on the cheek without somebody assuming we are lesbians. Geddy and Alex should be able to do the same, I understand what you were trying to say about it being negative, not that there is anything negative about being gay but it's negative to assume two people are just because they love each other and are affectionate.

• Like 2

Oh no, not at all- i was rather trying to clarify on my previous post, to show that I am grossed out by fan fiction in general and not homosexuality. So I was trying to agree with you, sort of! ;) Sorry if I upset you! :hug2:

There are people who will turn ANYTHING into something sexual. It's like geeze louise people, move on. :D

You turn me on so much when you talk like that! :LOL:

• Like 1