Sad day for Who fans re Keith Moon

RushCanuck

35 years ago today (Sep 7, 1978) the rock world lost Keith Moon. I've always loved the Who, and have a deep appreciation for Moon's drumming. He was a pioneer, and an influence on our man Neil. Too bad Moon's lunatic lifestyle led to his demise - perhaps it was destiny that the word 'lunatic' was derived from the Latin 'luna' meaning someone who goes mad with changes of the moon. Thanks for your contributions to the Who, Keith, and I'll always enjoy the music. Here is a short bio from the Amazing Journey DVD about Keith. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuISrv2su6U Edited by RushCanuck
  • Like 2

R.I.P. Keith - indeed a sad day.

The biography Dear Boy is an interesting, funny read.

Dear Boy is a brilliant book , I highly reconmend it too .

God bless Moony .

Edited by By Tor

I remember hearing it on the radio

Moon was the man !

rip

i'm not a huge fan of The Who, but i really miss Keith Moon, he was amazing. R.I.P. :(

Great sig, tGintrs! You make that?

yep, i just layered on a picture of Starman :P

The chances he took, the power he harnessed, the hilarity he exubed... On a happy note Keith never died because there's a secret little keith in all of those who had the priveledge to enjoy his work whether on the radio as a fan or as a fellow musician studying his greatness in his short time here. Cheers to the real fuching thing! Rock On, Moony...

I thought all of you Roger Daltrey fans would like to know that he is going to be on, of all things, the Moody Blue cruise next year, with his band.

I'm not sure what port this cruise is leaving from. Last year, it left from Florida. You can always go to the official MB website to check out the details.

I would never have suspected he was friends with the Moodies.

Live and learn.