Which Tour That You Attended Had The Smallest Crowd?

presto123

Vapor Trails Gund Arena, Cleveland Lower bowl sold out and floor (where I was) rest of arena curtained off. At the time I was fooled from where I sat(stood) looked like it was completely full. But I found out from TRF years later that only 7,000 present. :( Jump ahead to 2012 Clock Work Angels The Q formally known as Gund arena same scenario lower half and floor full upper tier curtained off, read attendance was over 8,000 with available tickets listed for some reason only 10,000. Have to say although Vapor Trails concert slightly less showed up compared to CWA tour,, Vapor Trails crowd wayy more enthusiastic and LOUD then the old folks home that the Q was that late October night in 2012. Boring subdued old farts made it embarrassing experience.. Had high expectations for Cleveland since The Time Machine filming was such a grand success..

makes sense that the crowd was more enthusiastic 11 years ago. same people at both gigs probably, they've just gotten older.

Somewhat, but I'd like to think many who attended the VT 2002 & ClockWork 2012, were also at the Time Machine concert 2011 at the Q. Like LedRush posted about his experience at Jones Beach, I also enjoy the concert regardless of others around me. But it really dampens your energy level when the audience is dead staring emotionless like there watching a Ken Burns documentary on PBS. Which the October 28th 2012" Q "crowd shockingly were, with lukewarm applause in between. btw i like Ken Burns documentaries but i wouldn't pay top dollar just to sit quietly as if watching a slide show presentation... ;)

Vapor Trails Gund Arena, Cleveland Lower bowl sold out and floor (where I was) rest of arena curtained off. At the time I was fooled from where I sat(stood) looked like it was completely full. But I found out from TRF years later that only 7,000 present. :( Jump ahead to 2012 Clock Work Angels The Q formally known as Gund arena same scenario lower half and floor full upper tier curtained off, read attendance was over 8,000 with available tickets listed for some reason only 10,000. Have to say although Vapor Trails concert slightly less showed up compared to CWA tour,, Vapor Trails crowd wayy more enthusiastic and LOUD then the old folks home that the Q was that late October night in 2012. Boring subdued old farts made it embarrassing experience.. Had high expectations for Cleveland since The Time Machine filming was such a grand success..

makes sense that the crowd was more enthusiastic 11 years ago. same people at both gigs probably, they've just gotten older.

Somewhat, but I'd like to think many who attended the VT 2002 & ClockWork 2012, were also at the Time Machine concert 2011 at the Q. Like LedRush posted about his experience at Jones Beach, I also enjoy the concert regardless of others around me. But it really dampens your energy level when the audience is dead staring emotionless like there watching a Ken Burns documentary on PBS. Which the October 28th 2012" Q "crowd shockingly were, with lukewarm applause in between. btw i like Ken Burns documentaries but i wouldn't pay top dollar just to sit quietly as if watching a slide show presentation... ;)

yeah, my section at the nashville gig on the CA tour was like that. mild applause if any movement between songs, and a general look of disinterest. a little annoying, but I loved the show anyway

All these condescending posts about people not getting excited for songs released after 1982. Geez, guess you guys have never attended a Paul McCartney or Rolling Stones show? No one there wants to hear anything recorded after 1972! I almost got trampled in the stampede to the rest rooms at a John Fogerty concert the moment he said "here's one from the new album." And the beer lines grew awfully long during the TM tour when Geddy announced BU2B.

Stop the comments, people like the familiar. That's why about all we have left on the airwaves is "classic" rock-people want to hear the same 25 songs over and over. Sad, maybe, but we should appreciate those who think they're going bald.

Charleston, WV. GUP. Holds about 10K. Maybe 6k there. There was a week where Rush had "cancelled" the show, but our radio station claimed to have convinced them not to. Highly unlikely, but I know there were many people who got their money back and bought Sammy Hagar tickets as he was coming the next week.

Rush never came back to Charleston, forcing me to travel the rest of my life.

and the bulk of the crowd IS rush fans at rush shows, but my last show, despite being a great performance, I ended up in a section where literally everyone sat except me and my friend (we were at the top of our section so don't worry, we didn't obstruct anybody's view) and I could see many people around me texting, playing with their phones (not filming either), etc. to me, rush is a hard rock band, and even the synth stuff is mostly get-up-and-move type music for me. and the energy didn't even change during the hits. while most of my section seemed more attentive during yyz, sawyer, etc, hardly anybody looked excited at all. basically, it was a lot like J2112YYZ's Toronto test for echo gig he described earlier in the thread.

Yeah, I hate that type of shit. I think Rush crowds, for the most part, are rather mellow, but people on their phones during a bulk of the show is just unacceptable.

yeah if you just wanna sit on your phone why go?

way more annoying than pot smoke.

i don't know why someone on their cell phone would need to take away from your enjoyment of a show - just focus on the show.

and it's nice that pot smoke (and i guess cigarette smoke) doesn't bother you. for those of us who it does, it's intolerable. those people take away the choice for the rest of us of whether we want to breathe it in or not, or we don't go if we don't want to breathe it in, and that's seriously unfortunate for those of us who would love to see our favorite band (or bands) without having other people's addictions right in our face. those people simply don't give a shit, or they're off in their own little worlds where they're just doing their thing completely oblivious to how it effects those around them. i'd rather go to a concert filled with people doing cocaine or shooting heroin - at least those addictions are confined to their own bodies and doesn't effect everyone else around them.

People addicted to weed? It is a small minority of pot smokers.

And your inability to live life while tolerating the decisions of those around you unless it has absolutely no impact on you is a bit sad. You can use the same reasoning to ban unhygienic people, people who wear cologne, people who eat food that you can smell, people who own non-hypoallergenic pets, or people who have touched peanuts.

I hate the smell of fish to no end. But I'm not arrogant enough to demand that people around me not eat it because I might puke or get a headache. Take care of your own shit and mind your own damned business.

Jeez, didn't know you were such a marijuana activist.

WTF are you talking about? I don't like people smoking cigarettes and pot smoke in my face, and that DOES impact me. People who do it at concerts are disrespectful. They make the choice for me of me wanting to breathe it in or not. The rest of that bullshit you brought up has noting to do with that.

And dude, WTF is your problem? I'm not demanding anything. I don't go to concerts because I don't want to be around it. Don't hang around a fish market if that bugs you. I'm assuming you're a big time pothead since you got all bent out of shape about this? Must have hit a big nerve there.

Your annoyance at smelling wafts of smoke is less serious than a couple of my examples, seeing as it has no real effect on you. If you are so intolerant of others, you shouldn't be out in public anyway. Your extreme views and intolerance do inform me as to why you delight so much in shitting all over Rush songs and albums others like.

You not wanting to have any respect for me being bothered by having to be in a huge cloud of cigarette smoke and pot smoke right in my face (which is literally what it was like last Rush show I attended - not exaggerating) I can only imagine stems from you being a major pothead and not wanting to deal with the fact that you're being enormously disrespectful of people if you're doing what I'm talking about. Otherwise, why the hell would it bother you so much what my opinion is on the issue?

And who the hell are you to tell me what effects me and what doesn't? Just because cigarettes and/or pot I'm guessing is an everyday thing for you doesn't mean it's something people who don't do it want to be around, and it's not ok just because it's a big nothing to you. If you walked up to me and blew cigarette smoke right in my face and told me I was the one with the problem I would walk away, but it'd be pretty obvious who really had the problem.

It has nothing to do with intolerance. It has to do with me not wanting to be in a thick cloud of smoke, so I don't attend concerts in general. And as I said before, it's a real shame. If those people had a little more respect and did it in their cars before the show instead of forcing everyone around them to participate in their addictions or them just having a good time if it's not addiction is at minimum extremely rude and them just not giving a shit about anyone except themselves.

And if you're one of the people who do this, then it's people like you who prevent me from going to concerts. Of course I could still go if I wanted to, but I choose not to because you can't put down your bong for 3 hours and enjoy a concert without chemical enhancement. And if that doesn't describe you personally, then fine, but it sure describes a hell of a lot of people.

You are exaggerating as what you are describing is virtually impossible in an outdoor setting and highly unlikely in an arena. And it bothers me that you are so intolerant that minor inconveniences cause you to lose your shit and make hyperbolic and untrue statements and accusations.

I, too, can't stand the smell of cigarettes - my parents smoked and it would make me nauseous when they did so in a car, and it still does today. But I'm not arrogant and intolerant enough to force my opinions on everyone else or bitch about it incessantly and then blame everyone else.

I wish I did smoke and did so at concerts just so I could take credit for keeping you out and allowing everyone else to enjoy post 1993 Rush music just a bit more.

As for pot, your statements are even more absurd. People don't just sit down in groups all smoking a joint from start to finish, only to do so again in 15 minutes. You get people taking 1 or 2 drags at a time a few times in the show. I've often smelled wafts of weed from people around me, but never have I been caught in a mysterious cloud that somehow manages to stay stationary at my position. Largely because that's impossible.

:eyeroll:

Anyway, everything I said still stands. I have no clue why you got so bothered about all of this, and I never lost my shit - just reacting to your over the top reactions to my opinions. As I've said before, I'm not telling anyone what they can or can't do, demanding anyone do anything or forcing any opinions on anyone else any more than you or anyone else. I'm just saying how it is for me and why I don't attend. Too bad you had to be such an ass over the whole thing, but nothing I can do about that one.

Agreeing to disagree and then writing two more insulting posts? Stay classy.

• Like 1

and the bulk of the crowd IS rush fans at rush shows, but my last show, despite being a great performance, I ended up in a section where literally everyone sat except me and my friend (we were at the top of our section so don't worry, we didn't obstruct anybody's view) and I could see many people around me texting, playing with their phones (not filming either), etc. to me, rush is a hard rock band, and even the synth stuff is mostly get-up-and-move type music for me. and the energy didn't even change during the hits. while most of my section seemed more attentive during yyz, sawyer, etc, hardly anybody looked excited at all. basically, it was a lot like J2112YYZ's Toronto test for echo gig he described earlier in the thread.

Yeah, I hate that type of shit. I think Rush crowds, for the most part, are rather mellow, but people on their phones during a bulk of the show is just unacceptable.

i don't know why someone on their cell phone would need to take away from your enjoyment of a show - just focus on the show.

and it's nice that pot smoke (and i guess cigarette smoke) doesn't bother you. for those of us who it does, it's intolerable. those people take away the choice for the rest of us of whether we want to breathe it in or not, or we don't go if we don't want to breathe it in, and that's seriously unfortunate for those of us who would love to see our favorite band (or bands) without having other people's addictions right in our face. those people simply don't give a shit, or they're off in their own little worlds where they're just doing their thing completely oblivious to how it effects those around them. i'd rather go to a concert filled with people doing cocaine or shooting heroin - at least those addictions are confined to their own bodies and doesn't effect everyone else around them.

And your inability to live life while tolerating the decisions of those around you unless it has absolutely no impact on you is a bit sad. You can use the same reasoning to ban unhygienic people, people who wear cologne, people who eat food that you can smell, people who own non-hypoallergenic pets, or people who have touched peanuts.

I hate the smell of fish to no end. But I'm not arrogant enough to demand that people around me not eat it because I might puke or get a headache. Take care of your own shit and mind your own damned business.

WTF are you talking about? I don't like people smoking cigarettes and pot smoke in my face, and that DOES impact me. People who do it at concerts are disrespectful. They make the choice for me of me wanting to breathe it in or not. The rest of that bullshit you brought up has noting to do with that.

And dude, WTF is your problem? I'm not demanding anything. I don't go to concerts because I don't want to be around it. Don't hang around a fish market if that bugs you. I'm assuming you're a big time pothead since you got all bent out of shape about this? Must have hit a big nerve there.

Your annoyance at smelling wafts of smoke is less serious than a couple of my examples, seeing as it has no real effect on you. If you are so intolerant of others, you shouldn't be out in public anyway. Your extreme views and intolerance do inform me as to why you delight so much in shitting all over Rush songs and albums others like.

You not wanting to have any respect for me being bothered by having to be in a huge cloud of cigarette smoke and pot smoke right in my face (which is literally what it was like last Rush show I attended - not exaggerating) I can only imagine stems from you being a major pothead and not wanting to deal with the fact that you're being enormously disrespectful of people if you're doing what I'm talking about. Otherwise, why the hell would it bother you so much what my opinion is on the issue?

And who the hell are you to tell me what effects me and what doesn't? Just because cigarettes and/or pot I'm guessing is an everyday thing for you doesn't mean it's something people who don't do it want to be around, and it's not ok just because it's a big nothing to you. If you walked up to me and blew cigarette smoke right in my face and told me I was the one with the problem I would walk away, but it'd be pretty obvious who really had the problem.

It has nothing to do with intolerance. It has to do with me not wanting to be in a thick cloud of smoke, so I don't attend concerts in general. And as I said before, it's a real shame. If those people had a little more respect and did it in their cars before the show instead of forcing everyone around them to participate in their addictions or them just having a good time if it's not addiction is at minimum extremely rude and them just not giving a shit about anyone except themselves.

And if you're one of the people who do this, then it's people like you who prevent me from going to concerts. Of course I could still go if I wanted to, but I choose not to because you can't put down your bong for 3 hours and enjoy a concert without chemical enhancement. And if that doesn't describe you personally, then fine, but it sure describes a hell of a lot of people.

You are exaggerating as what you are describing is virtually impossible in an outdoor setting and highly unlikely in an arena. And it bothers me that you are so intolerant that minor inconveniences cause you to lose your shit and make hyperbolic and untrue statements and accusations.

I, too, can't stand the smell of cigarettes - my parents smoked and it would make me nauseous when they did so in a car, and it still does today. But I'm not arrogant and intolerant enough to force my opinions on everyone else or bitch about it incessantly and then blame everyone else.

I wish I did smoke and did so at concerts just so I could take credit for keeping you out and allowing everyone else to enjoy post 1993 Rush music just a bit more.

As for pot, your statements are even more absurd. People don't just sit down in groups all smoking a joint from start to finish, only to do so again in 15 minutes. You get people taking 1 or 2 drags at a time a few times in the show. I've often smelled wafts of weed from people around me, but never have I been caught in a mysterious cloud that somehow manages to stay stationary at my position. Largely because that's impossible.

Anyway, everything I said still stands. I have no clue why you got so bothered about all of this, and I never lost my shit - just reacting to your over the top reactions to my opinions. As I've said before, I'm not telling anyone what they can or can't do, demanding anyone do anything or forcing any opinions on anyone else any more than you or anyone else. I'm just saying how it is for me and why I don't attend. Too bad you had to be such an ass over the whole thing, but nothing I can do about that one.

Maybe Goober should take a few bong hits himself and mellow out. :LOL:

• Like 3

All these condescending posts about people not getting excited for songs released after 1982. Geez, guess you guys have never attended a Paul McCartney or Rolling Stones show? No one there wants to hear anything recorded after 1972! I almost got trampled in the stampede to the rest rooms at a John Fogerty concert the moment he said "here's one from the new album." And the beer lines grew awfully long during the TM tour when Geddy announced BU2B.

Stop the comments, people like the familiar. That's why about all we have left on the airwaves is "classic" rock-people want to hear the same 25 songs over and over. Sad, maybe, but we should appreciate those who think they're going bald.

Sad & Nauseating, I thought what set Rush fans apart was the fact they(we) don't settle for the status quo and have deep appreciation and interest in the entire vast Rush catalog of songs. Not saying every song ,but there's so much depth from all era's can't fathom why anyone who's been a dedicated fan for a long period of time would see the band religiously every tour wanting to hear the same songs over and over again??? ...I hate classic rock stations for that exact reason AC/DC, Ozzy and Metallica :beathorse: :zzz:

You don't want to admit that you turned into a raving lunatic when I stated how things were for me, so don't go talking about being classy. Nothing that a few more bong hits can't make you forget about though.

Sad & Nauseating, I thought what set Rush fans apart was the fact they(we) don't settle for the status quo and have deep appreciation and interest in the entire vast Rush catalog of songs. Not saying every song ,but there's so much depth from all era's can't fathom why anyone who's been a dedicated fan for a long period of time would see the band religiously every tour wanting to hear the same songs over and over again??? ...I hate classic rock stations for that exact reason AC/DC, Ozzy and Metallica :beathorse: :zzz:

You can't expect all Rush fans to have the same level of fandom and obsessiveness as those on TRF. The truth is there are a LOT of more casual Rush fans out there, or fans who were disappointed by some album or some phase that Rush was going through and stopped buying new albums, but they do love classic Rush and get excited when they hear Rush is touring. Don't most people have bands they would love to see live even if they're not that interested in their latest album or more recent material?

I saw the Moody Blues a few years back, and they played some more recent material - it wasn't anywhere near as good as their vintage stuff, so I just kind of listened and was patient through those songs until they got back to the stuff I knew and loved. It's just how it is. Rush happen to have made two great albums recently, but prior to that they had a real rough patch from 1989-2002 (Counterparts being the major exception).

Rush, however, doesn't help their cause when they play too many songs from the latest albums. That was all well and fine when albums were 40 minutes and they played 25 minutes from them, but when albums are 70 minutes and they play 50 minutes from them... well, their new albums just don't sell like they used to in the 70's and 80's and it's the simple (even if sad) truth that you're going to lose a good portion of your audience when you play several new songs in a row. Even if the songs are great, for those unfamiliar with them, they're still going to glaze over. And the last tour playing so many deep cuts - great possibly for a hardcore Rush fan who's seen them 80 times and has heard the big hits live every time, not so great for those people who really want to hear their classic tunes.

Hold Your Fire tour was the smallest attended show I attended. The place holds 5700 and it was a little more than half full. Phish and Furthur played the same venue and pumped almost 6k in there. It was kind refreshing to see them in that small of a place.

You don't want to admit that you turned into a raving lunatic when I stated how things were for me, so don't go talking about being classy. Nothing that a few more bong hits can't make you forget about though.

I thought we were going to agree to disagree, which usually means we don't come to an agreement on the subject.

Anyway, three unanswered insults in a row and counting.

I thought we were going to agree to disagree, which usually means we don't come to an agreement on the subject.

Awesome. I'm done. :blink:

Hate to step in here but I've never seen anyone blowing any kind of smoke in someone's face at the shows I've been to. Not saying it's never happened but it's definitely not a big problem.

I just hate when I hear people look down on weed smokers. It's just a harmless natural substance that is definitely not addictive and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as cocaine or cigarettes or any other harmfull substances.

I've never had any problems with someone smoking weed anywhere. They're always cool and good to talk to. Hope this doesn't start something but just a little pet peeve I had to share :)

• Like 1

Hate to step in here but I've never seen anyone blowing any kind of smoke in someone's face at the shows I've been to. Not saying it's never happened but it's definitely not a big problem.

I just hate when I hear people look down on weed smokers. It's just a harmless natural substance that is definitely not addictive and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as cocaine or cigarettes or any other harmfull substances.

I've never had any problems with someone smoking weed anywhere. They're always cool and good to talk to. Hope this doesn't start something but just a little pet peeve I had to share :)

I'm not saying anyone rudely came up to me took a suck on a joint and maliciously blew it in my face. I'm just saying where I was at this concert I was downwind from a bunch of chain smokers, and once it got dark, people started smoking pot everywhere all around and the air was thick with it all around us. There was no escaping it other than leaving the place.

You said, "I just hate when I hear people look down on weed smokers." And THIS is the problem everyone always has, the crux of the matter, and the distinction they fail to make. I DO NOT look down on weed smokers at all. If you smoke pot, that's fine, I have no problem being friends with you or thinking of you as a good person. Everyone seems to take it insanely personally. I have a problem with what you're doing ONLY when you're around me in a situation like a concert and taking the choice away from me on whether I want to breathe it in or not. THAT'S ALL!

If I was going to only be around people who never smoked pot, things would get awfully lonely. The only thing I ask people is not to do it right in my face or where I can breathe it in. I know I can't get that at concerts, so I don't go. I completely acknowledge it's MY choice not to go, but it's only because so many people are acting without respect for others that I can't. If that's you doing that, that's fine. I still think you're a good person, I'm just letting you know how those actions effect me in that particular situation, and I'm not the only person who feels this way.

Saying it's a harmless natural substance that's non-addictive is a fine point of view. I don't share it, but just because you think of it that way doesn't mean it's cool to smoke it in an enclosed space with people who would choose NOT to breathe it in and choose to never partake in it because they don't see it the same way as you do. It's not like having different political beliefs, you're actually physically effecting them with your actions. And that's why I don't care if people drink or do cocaine or heroin around me, because outside of the occasional falling down drunk person, they're containing their actions within their own body. Obviously cocaine is more destructive than pot by a long shot, but again talking just about concerts here.

And I'm glad for you that you've "never had any problems with someone smoking weed anywhere. They're always cool and good to talk to." My experience is different. Good people - yes, and I STILL don't want to be around them while they're smoking it. They can be cool to talk to, but like talking to a drunk person, I often don't feel like I'm really talking to the person, but to their chemically altered state, which can be very different from when they're straight.

Edited by rushgoober

You can't expect all Rush fans to have the same level of fandom and obsessiveness as those on TRF. The truth is there are a LOT of more casual Rush fans out there, or fans who were disappointed by some album or some phase that Rush was going through and stopped buying new albums, but they do love classic Rush and get excited when they hear Rush is touring. Don't most people have bands they would love to see live even if they're not that interested in their latest album or more recent material?

I saw the Moody Blues a few years back, and they played some more recent material - it wasn't anywhere near as good as their vintage stuff, so I just kind of listened and was patient through those songs until they got back to the stuff I knew and loved. It's just how it is. Rush happen to have made two great albums recently, but prior to that they had a real rough patch from 1989-2002 (Counterparts being the major exception).

Rush, however, doesn't help their cause when they play too many songs from the latest albums. That was all well and fine when albums were 40 minutes and they played 25 minutes from them, but when albums are 70 minutes and they play 50 minutes from them... well, their new albums just don't sell like they used to in the 70's and 80's and it's the simple (even if sad) truth that you're going to lose a good portion of your audience when you play several new songs in a row. Even if the songs are great, for those unfamiliar with them, they're still going to glaze over. And the last tour playing so many deep cuts - great possibly for a hardcore Rush fan who's seen them 80 times and has heard the big hits live every time, not so great for those people who really want to hear their classic tunes.

I guess I never thought at this stage of there career that Rush have "casual" fans. Either love them or hate them the two extremes seemed to be the case no matter what decade from the 70's to now. Open minded to change has been the core for Rush's longevity and the majority of there dedicated fan base embracing this philosophy is the big reason why they continue..... So I was brought up to believe.. :P Edited by softfilter

I guess I never thought at this stage of there career that Rush have "casual" fans. Either love them or hate them the two extremes seemed to be the case no matter what decade from the 70's to now. Open minded to change has been the core for Rush's longevity and the majority of there dedicated fan base embracing this philosophy is the big reason why they continue..... So I was brought up to believe.. :P

It's just not the case though. There are TONS of people out there who love Rush who are only minimally aware of their last 20 or more years of their albums who still love Rush. Let's face it, their best period was 1974-1987. You can be a fan of that period and have a hell of a lot of great music to choose from.

I guess I never thought at this stage of there career that Rush have "casual" fans. Either love them or hate them the two extremes seemed to be the case no matter what decade from the 70's to now. Open minded to change has been the core for Rush's longevity and the majority of there dedicated fan base embracing this philosophy is the big reason why they continue..... So I was brought up to believe.. :P

It's just not the case though. There are TONS of people out there who love Rush who are only minimally aware of their last 20 or more years of their albums who still love Rush. Let's face it, their best period was 1974-1987. You can be a fan of that period and have a hell of a lot of great music to choose from.

Well.. Those TONS of people who are locked down to 1974 -87 Rush should expand there horizon's and do some research and become more aware of what came afterwards they might be pleasantly surprised, sure it's pick & choose more often then not but it can be rewarding all the same... Clock Work Angels in it's self can stand among some of the best Rush albums of all time... fill in your favorites... Angels belongs on the list as a modern Rush classic.

Well.. Those TONS of people who are locked down to 1974 -87 Rush should expand there horizon's and do some research and become more aware of what came afterwards they might be pleasantly surprised, sure it's pick & choose more often then not but it can be rewarding all the same... Clock Work Angels in it's self can stand among some of the best Rush albums of all time... fill in your favorites... Angels belongs on the list as a modern Rush classic.

I hear you, but you can't expect everyone to do that. It's only the truly hardcore fans that explore beyond that period, who were disappointed by an album or two but still kept listening anyway.

I'm starting to think all you know about pot you learned from tv or something

• Like 1

god damn so much bullshit in this thread

I'm glad rush plays their new shit live...it's f***ing good. and even if I didn't like their new shit, I'd be happy for them for sticking by their new music and not becoming a shitty greatest hits act

• Like 3

and yes, I am condescending towards those who pay for 100 dollar seats at rush shows but haven't liked a song since 1982. that's just dumb. they're not KISS, they're not aerosmith. do a little research. not my fault or rush's fault that people just wanna drink 9 dollar beers and hear tom sawyer.

and besides, they played plenty of hits on the CA tour. subdivisions, tom sawyer, yyz, spirit of radio, limelight, 2112 overture/temples/finale. that's probably 40-45 minutes of music right there

I'm starting to think all you know about pot you learned from tv or something

nope - did it in my teens (which was a goodly few years ago), but nice try.