Melvins walk off stage - for EW77

Steevo

I'm with the band on this one too. As a lot of you guys already know, when you're up on stage with the lights on you you can't see jack shit past maybe the first few rows of people. That guy had no idea that bottle was coming and it could have been much, much worse. There's a story floating around out there about Meredith Brooks getting all messed up due to a thrown bottle during a show (She had a big hit "I'm a Bitch", which, while it's a terrible song, is what most people remember her for I guess).

EDIT: Here, I was close look-

On March 30 in Argentina, whilst opening for the Rolling Stones, the crowd demanded to see the Stones during her set and threw bottles and other objects at the stage. Brooks abandoned her set after 2 songs as the crowd yelled "come on Stones". The next day Brooks showed reporters bruises to her eye and ankle and stated: "They have taken away my greatest moment. I was playing with the Stones, something I never imagined I would do... and now I think I'll cancel the rest of my shows in Latin America. I have no intention of continuing to expose myself to this kind of barbaric behavior... not me, not my band, not my crew."

Edited by Del_Duio

still think it's totally lame that they quit playing though

I'm with the band on this one. f**k it, it could have been a knife. Or a broken bottle. Or a glass of piss.

I think a break or something was in order but stopping the show entirely? I think they should've resumed playing once the situation was diffused

It would have been cool if they had said "We'll be back when you have kicked the crap out of that f*cker". I see too many people acting like knuckleheads at concerts - you don't like the show, then leave instead of ruining it for everyone else. But alas, some people are too stupid to understand even the simplest things :huh:

From what I've read this happened during the last 2 or 3 songs- so people saw most of the show I guess. I just saw them last month and I have so much respect for this band- words cannot say how much I fukkin love and worship these guys. No true fan would throw shit at THIS band! My show's crowd was a bunch of fukkin poseurs but at least they showed the band some respect!
  • Like 1

wow people here know the melvins? besides me and EW77?

Yea, no shit. I knew Steevo knows them, but where were all these Melvins forum members before?

Where we've always been. Here.

Melvins fan here as well:)

• Like 1

wow people here know the melvins? besides me and EW77?

Yea, no shit. I knew Steevo knows them, but where were all these Melvins forum members before? What wil be next- some Vitus fans besides us?

that reminds me...I'm gonna have to get a fake ID for their upcoming show haha

From what I've read this happened during the last 2 or 3 songs- so people saw most of the show I guess. I just saw them last month and I have so much respect for this band- words cannot say how much I fukkin love and worship these guys. No true fan would throw shit at THIS band! My show's crowd was a bunch of fukkin poseurs but at least they showed the band some respect!

my crowd was alright but the crowd surfing was so f***ing annoying

I'm on the fence about this incident.. It's definitley a dick move to throw anything at a performer, but The Melvins have been around the block a few times.. You'd think maybe they've seen this type of shit before..
  • Like 1

I'm on the fence about this incident.. It's definitley a dick move to throw anything at a performer, but The Melvins have been around the block a few times.. You'd think maybe they've seen this type of shit before..

Yea, this was their 30th anniversary tour and I feel like they've been around so long that they don't need to put up with shit like this. I'm sure in their early days this stuff happened all the time, but at this stage in your career you don't need to deal with stuff like this.