So...Clockwork Angels Tour on DVD/Blu-ray?

Alchemical

Finally...

I knew it was coming, at least we'll have it before Xmas but still an 8 week wait!

Hope they add Middletown Dreams etc from Phoenix on the live CD.

I wrote to them asking if they could add other live tracks.

And in their return letter, what did they tell you? Which one wrote the letter? Or was it a collective response to which all three penned their sigs?

Edited by Lorraine

Finally...

I knew it was coming, at least we'll have it before Xmas but still an 8 week wait!

Hope they add Middletown Dreams etc from Phoenix on the live CD.

I wrote to them asking if they could add other live tracks.

And in their return letter, what did they tell you? Which one wrote the letter? Or was it a collective response to which all three penned their sigs?

No return letter, but they did send me this :-

http://img37.imagevenue.com/loc578/th_59157_Rush_Autographs_122_578lo.jpg

Was a good day that :)

• Like 2

I cannot wait for this thing to come out. I'm sure my wife will be sick of it after the first week of blasting it, and seeing as my work involves custom home theatre I'm sure my coworkers will be sick of me demo'ing/testing with this disc, provided it's as awesome as I hope. They've all heard S&A between the wheels a few too many times lol

I'm pretty sure my wife is sick of it the moment I unwrap the foil. :o

luckily my husband and I both will never get sick of it :D lol

• Like 2

Really looks like a great package, love all the extras and side documentaries. Was a little disappointed in the Time Machine release didn't have more like this. Wonder if it's still going to be shown on HBO prior to dvd/blu ray release date as previously mentioned? Haven't heard anymore about that or time & date of HBO showing...

I'm hoping the reason it's taking them a bit longer to release the dvd is that there will be some bonus clips of the shows in Halifax (feat. the Trailer Park Boys), Red Deer and Sweden Rock Festival added to the mix.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3804/9303062136_cba06a2cde_z.jpg

A quote from Geddy from the recent Rolling Stone interview:

"Did you film multiple nights and then pick the best one?

Yeah. We filmed a couple of nights and actually there were a few other nights that we went in and got specific songs. So, even though the bulk of it comes from Dallas, that are moments from other nights."

And now I'm even more excited!!! Thank you Geddy :cheerleader: for more or less confirming what I was/am hoping for :cheers:

I'm soooo hoping YYZ from Halifax (7/14) will be included...

• Like 1

No return letter, but they did send me this :-

http://img37.imagevenue.com/loc578/th_59157_Rush_Autographs_122_578lo.jpg

Was a good day that :)

Did you send the letter in 1985?

Hahaha, hey who knows maybe they ran out of promo pictures?

Yeah. We filmed a couple of nights and actually there were a few other nights that we went in and got specific songs. So, even though the bulk of it comes from Dallas, that are moments from other nights."

I'm so glad they did it this way. I know it's kind of cool to try and grab an entire show from start to finish but sometimes one or two songs sounded better from another show. They did this with ASOH and that was a good move on their part.

• Like 1

I'm so glad they did it this way. I know it's kind of cool to try and grab an entire show from start to finish but sometimes one or two songs sounded better from another show. They did this with ASOH and that was a good move on their part.

Geddy makes it sound like they filmed more than the two Texas shows, so that's a little confusing. Where else did they film?

Anyway, that kind of leads me to my dream Rush live dvd, which would be to film a bunch of shows then pick the best performances and merge them all together, ala Pearl Jam's Touring Band 2000 dvd. You don't need 20 cameras. Just rent like10 cameras and film 10 random shows and pick the performances with the most magic. Something like that. Next tour Mr. Weinrib, please?? :)

• Like 1

Geddy makes it sound like they filmed more than the two Texas shows, so that's a little confusing. Where else did they film?

Anyway, that kind of leads me to my dream Rush live dvd, which would be to film a bunch of shows then pick the best performances and merge them all together, ala Pearl Jam's Touring Band 2000 dvd. You don't need 20 cameras. Just rent like10 cameras and film 10 random shows and pick the performances with the most magic. Something like that. Next tour Mr. Weinrib, please?? :)

It could be that they took audio bits from other nights and used those for the audio portion of the bluray.

We know they filmed Phoenix and Dallas. Based on what we know is on the DVD, I'm not sure why they needed to film elsewhere. My guess is they filmed those two and the sound check version of Limelight somewhere else. That covers everything on the DVD. There had to be some cameras floating around in Europe for the documentary as well.
  • Like 1

We know they filmed Phoenix and Dallas. Based on what we know is on the DVD, I'm not sure why they needed to film elsewhere. My guess is they filmed those two and the sound check version of Limelight somewhere else. That covers everything on the DVD. There had to be some cameras floating around in Europe for the documentary as well.

Limelight (soundcheck) was filmed in Dallas, according to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F878K4S/

• Like 1

If I would get it faster that way I would do it, but I would rather go out and buy it on release day.

Ditto. I'll stop by Best Buy that afternoon on the way to work. Since I work afternoons into the night I likely won't get to sit down and watch it until my first day off which will be Friday of that week. I have no intention of watching it in parts and just don't have the time to watch the whole thing on a work day (I work 10 hours a day, four days a week). Nome the less, I want it in my hands the day it comes out.

Edited by driventotheedge

If I would get it faster that way I would do it, but I would rather go out and buy it on release day.

I actually ordered the 89'-07' boxset from amazon and got the free standard shipping of 5 - 8 days... It arrived at my door on release day when I came home from school!!! I was amazed at how quickly they ship! That may be just because of my area being close to a local hub (Trenton NJ), so results may vary...