2013 VMAs...anyone watching?

laughedatbytime

hmm I want people to take me seriously and not associate me with the character I played on a little kid show. the best solution is to dance provocatively and show skin until people realize I'm a super serious artist

You know, if she actually wanted to do that, she could have taken the path that Justin Timberlake has done and look where he ended up. Two high-selling, and from what I've heard, good pop albums. Take a break from music to go into acting and release another album when you think that your act could breathe a big fresh air in the cesspool that is pop music. Also, JT pretty much did not really have any controversal events that I know of, unless the drama between him and Britney was big at that time.

Tsk, tsk. What a shame that Miley is going where she is going. She could have gone for a more scaled-back mature side and then people will take her seriously.

You don't remember when Justin exposed Janet at the Superbowl show like 10 years ago?

hmm I want people to take me seriously and not associate me with the character I played on a little kid show. the best solution is to dance provocatively and show skin until people realize I'm a super serious artist

You know, if she actually wanted to do that, she could have taken the path that Justin Timberlake has done and look where he ended up. Two high-selling, and from what I've heard, good pop albums. Take a break from music to go into acting and release another album when you think that your act could breathe a big fresh air in the cesspool that is pop music. Also, JT pretty much did not really have any controversal events that I know of, unless the drama between him and Britney was big at that time.

Tsk, tsk. What a shame that Miley is going where she is going. She could have gone for a more scaled-back mature side and then people will take her seriously.

You don't remember when Justin exposed Janet at the Superbowl show like 10 years ago?

Oh yeah. Well, at least, he did not get arrersted for that or got people to think of him differently in a negative light because of that event or did that happen?

Edited by Anguyen92

I enjoyed gaga which is surprising. Cyrus came across like a child trying to copy what she's seen adults do to be sexy. Came across really weird and unsexy. I find her to be physically un attractive and quite sad. Robin thicke, is he a robot? You stole one of the best grooves ever from Marvin Gaye to make your song and all you can do is stand there? Sad.
  • Like 2

I just watched the Miley thing. :wtf: I hope she's feeling as embarrassed right now.

She's being talked about. That's really all she cares about.

I just watched the Miley thing. :wtf: I hope she's feeling as embarrassed right now.

Sadly, I think it is the opposite. I think she feels a lot of pride doing what she did and thinks that she got a big amount of exposure that she would not have if she did not done the deed at hand.

Miley is the Michael Scott of performing. What she did on stage is what, probably, 99% of teen girls look like when they prance around in their rooms pretending to be rock stars. She should have kept it in her bedroom.

Embarrassing to those who actually have talent and can perform.

All right, enough talking about what's her face.

Let's talk about JT's singing medley performance of all of his greatest hits. I saw a youtube clip of it that did not have the 20/20 Experience parts (I believe he sang Suit & Tie and Mirrors (I actually like that song)) and I got to say, it was pretty good. He sang all right and it was visually appealing and great unlike someone else.

The Nsync moment is what it is and it is a decent sight to see these guys reunite for a brief moment. My older sister thought it was good for what it is, but I think she kinda expected more like a full song or something.

Edited by Anguyen92

My nearly 70-yr.-old father in law came up to me today, looking perplexed.

He said "I saw pictures of Miley Cyrus on the news, singing at the VMAs....do all singers dress like....whores these days? She looked like a whore."

—he NEVER EVER has spoken like this in front of me in the 5 years I have known him 0_o

....yet it made me laugh lol ;)

My nearly 70-yr.-old father in law came up to me today, looking perplexed.

He said "I saw pictures of Miley Cyrus on the news, singing at the VMAs....do all singers dress like....whores these days? She looked like a whore."

—he NEVER EVER has spoken like this in front of me in the 5 years I have known him 0_o

....yet it made me laugh lol ;)

Well, she certainly is the attention-grabbing whore right now, isn't she?....that should keep her wallet full for the next couple months! :boo hiss: ....trust me, 5 years from now, we'll all be saying, "Miley Who?? And no, I can't remember the last time I watched MTV; it's all trash anyway (or I'm getting old and sensible!)

Edited by rushfanforever!
  • Like 1

^^ ahh, Lady Gaga. Workin the overnight shift at steak n shake, I would hear "Paparazzi" at least 4 times. At least.
  • Like 1

Gaga's performance was awesome.

Flame away, I loved it.

You won't get any from me- I fukkin' love her!!!

Thought I'd be alone in this on a Rush board. Cool!

Nah, I was the lone Gaga fan around here.....until now! Anytime you wanna talk Gaga, I'm your man ;)

I'm down for some Gaga everyoncein a while

• Like 2

^^ ahh, Lady Gaga. Workin the overnight shift at steak n shake, I would hear "Paparazzi" at least 4 times. At least.

The song that started my Gaga obsession!

.....it's mighty catchy, I must say.....so is another song of hers about a, erm...."disco stick"...??....

:outtahere:

• Like 1

The song that started my Gaga obsession!

.....it's mighty catchy, I must say.....so is another song of hers about a, erm...."disco stick"...??....

:outtahere:

Now you've done it- I'm a little drunk right now and ready to talk about her all night!!!!

woo hoo!! tipsy on vodka here. havin a great night =]

PS- talk about whatever you like, man!

Edited by hobo73
  • Like 1