Chain Lightning

jwoods89

Plus, assuming is deeply happy and content with his current marriage and family, revisiting the previous life he led seems, well, somewhat un-Neil.

This is a great catchy song. As a musician, I really appreciate it from several levels, but as a fan, I can forget all the theory and just relate to the song's vibe, yes?

The solo is great... it's a "backward masked" song. Again, it takes a musician's perspective to appreciate the creativity and actual planning to pull this off. Of course, the average listener isn't going to realize the tongue-in-cheek genius, but come on, at some point Alex had to do a backwards-recorded solo, like so many of his colleagues have already done....

This is a song that a three piece could pull off easily, besides the solo, because it just stands on its own as a gem. Laughter is infectious, right?

• Like 1

Wow, I just looked back at the post's earlier replies... did not realize this song involved Neil's daughter. A sad irony that a song that still makes me happy is about such a tragedy now. I will listen to it from now on with a deeper, jaded-by-a-lifetime-of-hard-earned-appreciation kind of happiness, a la The Garden.

At what point do you shut out all the atrocity on this planet, and just dwell in a simple, ignorance-is-bliss kind of state?

A sad irony that a song that still makes me happy is about such a tragedy now. I will listen to it from now on with a deeper, jaded-by-a-lifetime-of-hard-earned-appreciation kind of happiness, a la The Garden.

The song is not about any tragedy. You've made a decision to overlay the tragedy onto the song.
  • Like 2

A sad irony that a song that still makes me happy is about such a tragedy now. I will listen to it from now on with a deeper, jaded-by-a-lifetime-of-hard-earned-appreciation kind of happiness, a la The Garden.

The song is not about any tragedy. You've made a decision to overlay the tragedy onto the song.

Quite true. The song is actually about shared triumph and wonder.

• Like 1