The new Batman is...

ReRushed

No, not really. You're not exactly Sir Laurence Olivier, either, ..... :nya nya:

:|

Yeah, me neither. And I like Clooney. Hell, even Christian Bale couldn't have saved Schumacher's piece of shit Batman & Robin disaster.

IMO, Clooney is a very overrated actor. He shows little to no passion, his voice is flat, and he spends a lot of time looking down. He does nothing for me....

I think Jim Caviezel would be my first pick to replace Bale. He can portray intelligent, dark and on the edge of wanting to kill someone. And he looks like he can kick someone's ass and take a beating. 2nd, I'd go with Guy Pearce for the same reasons but to a lesser degree in most of those things I listed. Affleck doesn't seem like any of those things to me

Caviezel would be an awesome Batman.

Uh, need I remind naysayers that everyone hated the idea of Heath as The Joker first? Just saying.

No not everyone. I had only seen Heath in one other flick and had a neutral opinion of him. Ben has been shitty more than enough times NOT to trust him as Batman

Maybe Argo and how he played George Reeves in Hollywoodland is getting him in the door on this one?

I think Jim Caviezel would be my first pick to replace Bale. He can portray intelligent, dark and on the edge of wanting to kill someone. And he looks like he can kick someone's ass and take a beating. 2nd, I'd go with Guy Pearce for the same reasons but to a lesser degree in most of those things I listed. Affleck doesn't seem like any of those things to me

Today at work I mentioned to a co-worker that Caviezel should be Batman and he said, "No, he might be TOO serious as Batman." "Too serious"?!!!! Too much Adam West, all those 90s rubbish Bat films, and Superfriends cartoons have warped a lot of folks' image of how Batman should be done in film.
  • Like 1

Today at work I mentioned to a co-worker that Caviezel should be Batman and he said, "No, he might be TOO serious as Batman." "Too serious"?!!!! Too much Adam West, all those 90s rubbish Bat films, and Superfriends cartoons have warped a lot of folks' image of how Batman should be done in film.

Let's face it, Batman is a sociopath on the edge. That was my major problem with the Nolan/Bale Batman - Batman wouldn't sit around for 8 years regretting his girlfriend's death.

Uh, need I remind naysayers that everyone hated the idea of Heath as The Joker first? Just saying.

No not everyone. I had only seen Heath in one other flick and had a neutral opinion of him. Ben has been shitty more than enough times NOT to trust him as Batman

I quite liked Heath Ledger as the Joker, and loved Jack Nicholson in the 1989 movie.

Well, at least it's not Ashton Cutcher. Honestly, every move DC has made has just been going downhill since The Dark Knight. I think they need to take a step back and reevaluate their strategy. Every single one of their movies take themselves way too seriously. Look at Iron Man, Marvell's most popular superhero franchise right now. Aside from Tony Stark portraying a very believable Robert Downey Junior off set, the movies don't take themselves so seriously. There is a great balance between seriousness and acknowledging how silly the situation might be.

Maybe they chose Affleck as Bruce Wayne for this exact reason, but I think Batman is the wrong series for this kind of approach.

Edited by USB Connector

I've ben thinking of who would be able to pull it off and I came up with:

Damian Lewis.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt263/imahughlover01/9.jpg

Any thoughts?

Not feeling it.

Great combo of intensity and action in band of brothers.

I loved Band of Brothers. I just don't see it. I'll take him over Affleck, though.

Right when I went to post quotes I saw names. Andrew Lincoln, Jim caviezel

Damian Lewis is a great actor, so yeah I think he might be able to pull it off. However, I guess just about anyone can do better than Affleck. I have seen Daredevil and it was horrible.

I'll say this about the Daredevil movie with Ben Affleck: it was a shit movie but it wasn't his fault. He shouldn't have been cast in that role sure BUT he didn't write that terrible script.

I haven't fully read the article yet but I will.

"6 reasons the internet is wrong about ben affleck as batman":

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2013/08/24/6-reasons-the-internet-is-wrong-about-ben-affleck-as-batman/

Didn't read it but will say this: has ben done anything yet that makes us think he will be a good batman?

Has ben ever surprised you with his chops in an acting role?

For me both answers are no.

I haven't fully read the article yet but I will.

"6 reasons the internet is wrong about ben affleck as batman":

http://www.forbes.co...leck-as-batman/

Didn't read it but will say this: has ben done anything yet that makes us think he will be a good batman?

Has ben ever surprised you with his chops in an acting role?

For me both answers are no.

I think the writer of that article wants it to be illegal for people to think Ben's a bad choice for Batman. Also, I'm not even sure if the writer knows anything about Batman. But he sure as hell wants to bear a dozen or so of Ben's babies.