Most "useful" smartphone apps

Tom Sawyer

Waze

I love it, tells you accident to avoid, police taking radar, disableded .. all for free!!!

I use this all the time. Used it to take me to the Rush concerts in Atlanta and Chicago. I love it too. It's actually quite a bit more accurate than Google. Though I suppose that's not saying a lot. :D

Tab toolkit. I use it all the time when I play guitar because where I've got my instruments there is no comfortable place to sit comfortably in front of my laptop. Resting my phone against something is much easier.

Microsoft photosynth. I love making 360 degree panoramas when I travel. This lets me do that on the spot.

Dropbox. Self explanatory. Dropbox on your phone.

Epicurious. Input what ingredients you have available and it will give you things you can make with them.

Epicurious. Input what ingredients you have available and it will give you things you can make with them.

Interesting, I'm going to have to check that one out!!

Waze

I love it, tells you accident to avoid, police taking radar, disableded .. all for free!!!

Thanks. I downloaded it. Nice to know if the cops are ahead and stopping people! Does it work well for prevention? Outsmarting the cops?

Waze

Thanks. I downloaded it. Nice to know if the cops are ahead and stopping people! Does it work well for prevention? Outsmarting the cops?

What happens is that someone reports a cop and it's posted so everyone can see it. So generally there has to be that first person the reports it. Hopefully that isn't us. :D

• Like 1

gStrings - a tuning app

SoundHound - helpful at letting me know what song is playing

Top useful apps:

1. Gas Buddy - can't be beat if you want the cheapest gas in the area.

2. Google Maps - another winner. I can plot my route on my PC and send it to my phone. Easy squeezie lemon peazy

3. Priceline - if you travel a lot you can at least check and see what the best rates are in the area you want to stay in.. even if you don't book through the app. They also have "Express Deals" on hotel rooms and rental cars which can save you lots of $$$

4. Google Calendar/GMail/Chrome/Google Now - They all sync up together. If I email an appt to my GMail it shows up in Calendar/GNow - if I look up an article in Chrome relevant articles will pop in GNow. It's amazingly useful (and kinda scary at the same time).

ETA:

5. AMAZON! - I can't tell you how many times I've been out shopping, found something I wanted to buy and looked it up on the Amazon app (via barcode scan most of the time) only to find a significantly lower price.

Edited by Snaked

Google Maps and Waze are useless if you're not going to a) use the traffic feature, and b) take an alternate route when there is a backup.

Even unto this day, very few people are on the back roads when I'm going around a back up.

Tab toolkit. I use it all the time when I play guitar because where I've got my instruments there is no comfortable place to sit comfortably in front of my laptop. Resting my phone against something is much easier.

Microsoft photosynth. I love making 360 degree panoramas when I travel. This lets me do that on the spot.

Dropbox. Self explanatory. Dropbox on your phone.

Is 'epicurious' anything to do with salt?