Favorite last chorus'/rideouts

Nate1647

I just listened to Signals this morning on the train. I love that album. It was the last album, IMO, on which the synthesizers didn't overwhelm the songs.

In what universe do the synthesizers not overwhelm the songs on Signals?

And do you really think the they overwhelm the songs on Grace Under Pressure? I would agree with PoW and HYF.

The Analog Kid and Digital Man are more guitar and bass driven, and Subdivisions and The Weapon are more like Tom Sawyer than Distant Early Warning with their synth presence. To my ears anyways.

I love Grace Under Pressure, but I remember at the time thinking that they were going too far.

I just listened to Signals this morning on the train. I love that album. It was the last album, IMO, on which the synthesizers didn't overwhelm the songs.

And do you really think the they overwhelm the songs on Grace Under Pressure? I would agree with PoW and HYF.

The Analog Kid and Digital Man are more guitar and bass driven, and Subdivisions and The Weapon are more like Tom Sawyer than Distant Early Warning with their synth presence. To my ears anyways.

I love Grace Under Pressure, but I remember at the time thinking that they were going too far.

Understood.

To me, the synth thing didn't reach the point of having gone too far until PoW.

Understood.

To me, the synth thing didn't reach the point of having gone too far until PoW.

I think it's GUP, but the songs themselves are stronger, so it covers up the shift. PoW was the first Rush album that I bought and said "I don't love this album."

• Like 1

Man I totally forgot about Available Light until it was mentioned. KILLER ending. And seeing Digital Man live was pretty epic too, building into that final driving outro like that. A case could probably be made with about 90% of their library for this thread, lol.

"Christ what have you done?" :notworthy: And the ending of The Pass. Such a powerful way to end a song, and letting the words resonate in your mind.

"But I must help my mother stand up STRAAAIGHT" Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

And in Snakes & Arrows Live during Spindrift where Geddy plays it through the roof on his bass :geddy:

• Like 1

The last chorus of Show Don't Tell always rocked me up, big time. Throughout the song each chorus is played differently, with the last one having Alex play fully open and kicking ass. I love Alex's progression during this song, and Neil's killer fills to close it out.

Man, those guys really know how to end a song, don't they?

It's easier to think of the Rush song with my least favoured ride-out (New World Man!) than my most!

Have we all forgotten about Prime Mover?

See my list on page 1. ;)

Crap! I must've missed it! My bad.

No worries...I was glad to see someone else likes that ride-out, too.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Middletown Dreams. I love the chorus but I love in the last chorus how geddy changes how he songs "dreams transport the ones who need to get out of town" serous, I get chills every single time. Partly why I was disappointed when I saw em in Raleigh and they didn't play it.

Yeah a ton of outstanding ones but going for The Garden, last track on probably the last studio album with Al driving it out

Just so emotional, last 'rideout' ever of this awesome band

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 1