Do you think we'll ever see the String section on Tour again?

losingit2k

Do you think we'll see the String section on tour again?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we'll see the string section on tour again?

• Yes
    • Nope! Never again

As much as they are a good passionate bunch of musicians, I don't think we will see them again. To Rush, it is prob. a one time deal only, for the last tour, and that they aren't the kind to run the same bit, they are the kind to do another different bit in their shows. Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 4

I don't think so but we might see 'other' special guest joining them on some parts of another tour

I'm just sad they didn't do "Losing It" while they had the live strings

Edited by hcm
  • Like 1

As much as they are a good passionate bunch of musicians, I don't think we will see them again. To Rush, it is prob. a one time deal only, for the last tour, and that they aren't the kind to run the same bit, they are the kind to do another different bit in their shows.

I dunno, they've been doing the same old age jokes for over a decade now

• Like 1

I don't think so but we might see 'other' special guest joining them on some parts of another tour

I'm just sad they didn't do "Losing It" while they had the live strings

I hear you brother. Maybe one of these guest will be Ben Mink and then they'll play Losing It.

:drool:

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken Ben worked with Geddy on My Favorite Headache...that would be cool.

Mink also contributed strings on Faithless. If he were to have a guest appearance this past tour would've made the most sense since he's a strings guy.

The string section's reappearance depends on what future material sounds like. And Rush changes so much that anything can happen

If I'm not mistaken Ben worked with Geddy on My Favorite Headache...that would be cool.

Mink also contributed strings on Faithless. If he were to have a guest appearance this past tour would've made the most sense since he's a strings guy.

The string section's reappearance depends on what future material sounds like. And Rush changes so much that ANYTHING CAN HAAAPPPPPEN!!

Fixed.

• Like 1

I hope not, they were too high in the mix in the recent Salt Lake City show. I think there is a place for them live, but it must be carefully balanced to a degree that might not be possible in a concert setting.

Probably not. It was a great idea, hbut I wish they had made more of it, and played manhattan project every night of the tour. Marathon has some nice strings in it too, even though it was played on the TM tour.

They could have done a complete clockwork angels set one, power windows set 2 with encores. That would have been great!

Horrible, wretched idea in the first place. Rather see them put stonehenge in the middle of the stage.

Don't agree with the comment on the string section, but Stonehenge would be kinda cool.

• Like 1

Rush got it right with the string section. Great placement on the stage and just the right amount of mix. Like fans, they were also in to the material which was great. In addition to the Clockwork Angels material, it was nice to hear some of the older tracks be freshened up just a bit with some nice string moments (Manhatten Project, Red Sector A and YYZ).

As to why we will see them again...Clockwork Angels material will play a prominent place in the next tour (less songs no doubt but fortunately a handful will be back) and the band have already indicated something be missing without these songs being enhanced by the strings. Thus I expect them on stage for amount the same amount of songs/time next time around (if we are lucky enough to get these guys back on stage...again).

• Like 2

Rush got it right with the string section. Great placement on the stage and just the right amount of mix. Like fans, they were also in to the material which was great. In addition to the Clockwork Angels material, it was nice to hear some of the older tracks be freshened up just a bit with some nice string moments (Manhatten Project, Red Sector A and YYZ).

As to why we will see them again...Clockwork Angels material will play a prominent place in the next tour (less songs no doubt but fortunately a handful will be back) and the band have already indicated something be missing without these songs being enhanced by the strings. Thus I expect them on stage for amount the same amount of songs/time next time around (if we are lucky enough to get these guys back on stage...again).

Hopefully, if they do return some day we'll get: Nobody's Hero, BU2B2, Tears, and Losing It with Strings! Along with Red Barchetta, Limelight and La Villa Strangiatto. Basically this:

Second Set:

(Strings and Neil on stage)

Intro: Sprach Zarathustra

(Geddy and Alex Joins Neil and Strings on Stage for:)

Tears

BU2B2

Losing It

Nobody's Hero

Red Barchetta

Caravan

Limelight

Headlong Flight

La Villa Strangiatto/ Drum solo

Alex's Solo/ The Garden

(Strings Exit Stage Left)

Hemisphere (Prelude)

Xanadu (Entire)

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Edited by losingit2k

I don't think they'll use them again because I think it's a "been there done that" thing now. I wouldn't be surprised if they have something completely different, like kazoos. :D But it will be something they've never done before.
  • Like 1