The 15 most hated bands of last the 30 years - Article.

Hatchetaxe&saw

Phew! I was afraid Rush was going to be on the list for some reason!

The only band that definitely does NOT belong on that list is Phish.

Honestly, I was seriously hoping to see Nirvana on that list, but I guess they more belong atop a most overrated group of all time list more than just merely hated...

I'm so happy I've found someone that actually agrees with me on that! I appreciate what they did for their genre and whatever, but other than that...

Remember when Creed played the Super Bowl halftime show? :|

In case you've forgotten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UrZ3A06Wkdc

Now why the hell did I watch that?! Sometimes I don't know what's for my own good. It was a good reminder of why I don't like Creed. Man, that singer is irritating to look at. The way he's constantly "feeling it". A bit too theatrical to my liking.

It's like a car crash or train wreck. You know you'll regret looking, but can't stop yourself.

• Like 1

Honestly, I was seriously hoping to see Nirvana on that list, but I guess they more belong atop a most overrated group of all time list more than just merely hated...

I'm so happy I've found someone that actually agrees with me on that! I appreciate what they did for their genre and whatever, but other than that...

Hearing people argue about the relative merits of Nirvana to me is about on the same level as people trying to argue about the merits of The Backstreet Boys or The Spice Girls. Obviously Nirvana was far better than both those groups, but their relevance to my life is about on the same level. That's why I think they're so tremendously overrated. They, and the musical scene they inspired, were so terribly unimportant to me, and yet people discuss them with such great reverence. I just profoundly don't get it. :no:

Hearing people argue about the relative merits of Nirvana to me is about on the same level as people trying to argue about the merits of The Backstreet Boys or The Spice Girls. Obviously Nirvana was far better than both those groups, but their relevance to my life is about on the same level. That's why I think they're so tremendously overrated. They, and the musical scene they inspired, were so terribly unimportant to me, and yet people discuss them with such great reverence. I just profoundly don't get it. :no:

So they're tremendously overrated because their music had no relevance to your life? Anything that has no relevance to you is overrated? That doesn't even make sense

the word overrated in general is shitty

An NBA player with 25% shot attempts made, poor defensive skills, no championship rings, yet thought of as one of the greatest players ever would be overrated. Thinking a band is overrated because they had no relevance in your life makes no sense: Camembert cheese has no relevance in my life so it's overrated
  • Like 1

So they're tremendously overrated because their music had no relevance to your life? Anything that has no relevance to you is overrated? That doesn't even make sense

Makes sense to me. Doesn't everyone view the world in terms of how things effect them? Really to me they're overrated because of the amount of attention given to them relative to how good they actually were. To me they were an ok band, but they're treated like one of the most importnat bands of blah, blah, blah. I just don't get what the big deal is... AND had kurt cobain not offed himself, they wouldn't have been elevated to the legendary status they undeservedly have today.

Makes sense to me. Doesn't everyone view the world in terms of how things effect them? Really to me they're overrated because of the amount of attention given to them relative to how good they actually were. To me they were an ok band, but they're treated like one of the most importnat bands of blah, blah, blah. I just don't get what the big deal is... AND had kurt cobain not offed himself, they wouldn't have been elevated to the legendary status they undeservedly have today.

Horse shit. If Kurt had lived, God only knows what he might have achieved. (He might have gone into prog, and you'd have been all over him like a rash!) But with Bleach, Nevermind & In Utero, his place in the pantheon of rock greats was already assured.

And to say they don't deserve their status is just bollocks as well. Were you under a rock continuously listening to Ash Ra Tempel between 1989-1994?

• Like 2

Horse shit. If Kurt had lived, God only knows what he might have achieved. (He might have gone into prog, and you'd have been all over him like a rash!) But with Bleach, Nevermind & In Utero, his place in the pantheon of rock greats was already assured.

And to say they don't deserve their status is just bollocks as well. Were you under a rock continuously listening to Ash Ra Tempel between 1989-1994?

I heard them plenty. They had some catchy tunes. I didn't get what the big deal was.

Kurt Cobain had a knack for writing good melodies. Those melodies carried an angst and emotion that connected with a generation on a personal level. Kurt Cobain felt and articulated a lot of emotions that other people felt but couldn't express. All the rock greats before him did the same thing. And sometimes that takes an okay song and elevates it to greatness.

Personally, I think Kurt Cobain, if he had lived, would've continued to evolve and expand his expression. He was that good.

How can Dave Matthews be on there? They are really good. Same with the Goo Goo Dolls (after releasing the album "Superstar Carwash", they could make a million bad albums, and it wouldn't change my opinion of how awesome that album is.

Superstar Carwash was a damn good album. Too bad it went down hill from there. :(

Kurt Cobain had a knack for writing good melodies. Those melodies carried an angst and emotion that connected with a generation on a personal level. Kurt Cobain felt and articulated a lot of emotions that other people felt but couldn't express. All the rock greats before him did the same thing. And sometimes that takes an okay song and elevates it to greatness.

Personally, I think Kurt Cobain, if he had lived, would've continued to evolve and expand his expression. He was that good.

:goodone: <-- time to dust that puppy off

I'm guessing that's the 134th time Goobs has been told that on this board. :D

no, premiata forneria marconi

I'm guessing that's the 134th time Goobs has been told that on this board. :D

Actually, 137th. I'm going for 500. I'm hoping by 2025. :yes:

no, premiata forneria marconi

both excellent groups! :yes: :ebert:

I heard them plenty. They had some catchy tunes. I didn't get what the big deal was.

You have to look at what was going in at the time Nevermind broke.. Mainstream rock was still considered bands like Guns n roses, Def Leppard etc.. Nirvana was essentially a punk band that had no business knocking micheal Jackson from the number one spot.. They didn't fit in with the established formula for the time.. That's why they are spoken of so much.. They pretty much jump started a whole new way that record labels looked at who they would sign.. Now whether you like their music, or feel it isn't as great as people say, that's a matter of taste.. But as far as industry impact, their influence is undeniable

What you're saying NOW isn't the same as earlier when you said that they're overrated because they're irrelevant to you. You can't be THAT self-centered not to realize that something has relevance even if it's unimportant to you, can you? Funny thing is that Nirvana is simply "okay" to me too. But there's no denying the RELEVANCE they had in the 90s.

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah." - Leonard Shelby