The 15 most hated bands of last the 30 years - Article.

Hatchetaxe&saw

I remember 98 Degrees but never were a fan of that genre.

I listened to Creed back then, and even thought Nickelback's This Is How You Remind Me were good. I was a fan of Limp Bizkit too. Even a band like Staind.

But then I grew up! I can't stand pop-punk, Black Eyed Piss, The Boo Hoo Dolls, and all that crap. What the hell was I thinking :banghead:

I hear you brother. I fell into the trap of listening to Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Nickelback, and Saliva during my 1st few years of listening to rock music. Looking back now, I think to myself, what the frik was I thinking listening to those bands compared to listening to a band like Rush where they have so much more heart, music, and constructive lyrics than those guys.

• Like 1

This is embarrassing but my favorite band up until I was 19 or 20 years old was Korn. A friend introduced me to Tool, and coming from the nu-metal genre I didn't get it. Why don't they go anywhere? The songs are too long. It's not catchy. Little did I know it would pave the way to a musical understanding, and appreciation beyond my wildest imaginations!

Most of this list I agree with. John Mayer, I'd have to disagree with. If you're only looking at his studio albums, then it's arguable. Doesn't help that he's not a great person. But he's an amazing blues guitarist... the sad part is he doesn't let it show that often.
  • Like 3

Most of this list I agree with. John Mayer, I'd have to disagree with. If you're only looking at his studio albums, then it's arguable. Doesn't help that he's not a great person. But he's an amazing blues guitarist... the sad part is he doesn't let it show that often.

I can't believe the level of arrogance on this forum sometimes.

I dislike John Mayer songs. He very well might be an amazing blues guitarist, but that doesn't mean much to me if I can't listen to the song. Is that arrogance?

Didn't Neil say somewhere (one of his books, maybe) he thought 98 Degrees was pleasant?

OOF!

I dislike John Mayer songs. He very well might be an amazing blues guitarist, but that doesn't mean much to me if I can't listen to the song. Is that arrogance?

Whoa... no arrogance intended at all. And, that's fine... I don't particularly care for his music or anything, I just appreciate a good blues when I hear one.

Nothing more. :(

I like blink, dmb, googoo dolls, from the actual list. How can linkin park be on the list? I find them to be pretty f***ing amazing. They are arguably in the list of top mainstream bands to come out in recent years.

I dislike train because they just pander to a certain crowd relentlessly. Same with nickel back. 98 degrees, I'm aware of them but couldn't name or hum a song from them. Smash mouth is a party band, can't really hate them. Black eyed peas, meh. Icp? I don't get it. Hootie, can't really hate them but not a fan. John Mayer is a dick. Creed, musically was not that bad. Definitely had some catchy tunes. Problem was they (or the singer) was too super important and the lyrics were over the top. Phish, don't get it. Limp bizkit deserves to be on this list the most, they blow. Lana, meh.

Yeah, I don't get the post about arrogance. Amazing blues guitarist? I will have to disagree. He has learned enough to create a facsimile of what he thinks great blues guitarists do but not amazing IMO. I would prefer Robert cray, srv (rip) or Derek trucks.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't get the post about arrogance. Amazing blues guitarist? I will have to disagree. He has learned enough to create a facsimile of what he thinks great blues guitarists do but not amazing IMO. I would prefer Robert cray, srv (rip) or Derek trucks.

Oh, I'd take SRV or Derek Trucks over John Mayer any day. :LOL:

Yeah, amazing probably wasn't the right word...

Edited by Retrospective
  • Like 1

^^ Wow, Tremonti hasn't really aged at all and because there's like 100 people at that stage dancing and stuff, no wonder, he adopted that left foot on the amp pose. There's not a lot of room to maneuver. As for the performance itself, this seemed really too over the top for my tastes. Edited by Anguyen92

Insane clown posse freaking sucks :moon: !!!!! but they do have some sick tshirt designs

http://www.edfx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/darkcarnivalshirts.jpg

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mLQPH3o-6e8m7TzrsNhtYkg.jpg

http://d3eum8lucccgeh.cloudfront.net/designs/67155/ICP_poker.jpg

• Like 1

Insane clown posse freaking sucks :moon: !!!!! but they do have some sick tshirt designs

http://www.edfx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/darkcarnivalshirts.jpg

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mLQPH3o-6e8m7TzrsNhtYkg.jpg

http://d3eum8lucccgeh.cloudfront.net/designs/67155/ICP_poker.jpg

They are the plague of middle school admins. Fans = 13yo white trash wannabe ganstaz...

this writer is really bias against the 90s music act.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks these particular acts are shit. And they are. Total & utter shit.

All right, I understand that. Why are they crap?

They are derivative and uninspired. They come across self-conscious in their performances. They mimic their contemporaries and their influences to embarassing lengths. They appear to lack sincerity. And most of the songs suck.

Shit...you sound like some Rolling Stone turd describing RUSH. You've become your parents. :codger:

• Like 2

Phew! I was afraid Rush was going to be on the list for some reason!

The only band that definitely does NOT belong on that list is Phish.

Honestly, I was seriously hoping to see Nirvana on that list, but I guess they more belong atop a most overrated group of all time list more than just merely hated...

Phew! I was afraid Rush was going to be on the list for some reason!

The only band that definitely does NOT belong on that list is Phish.

Honestly, I was seriously hoping to see Nirvana on that list, but I guess they more belong atop a most overrated group of all time list more than just merely hated...

Nirvana, overrated? Get back to the bong, hippie.

• Like 1