The 15 most hated bands of last the 30 years - Article.

Hatchetaxe&saw

Well... all I can say is I've never heard of 98 Degrees, Insane Clown Posse, Train or Phish.

Yeah, no idea who 98 Degrees are. But ICP, Train & Phish are shockingly bad. As are most on the list. I admit, I had a soft spot for Blink 182 a while back.

How can Dave Matthews be on there? They are really good. Same with the Goo Goo Dolls (after releasing the album "Superstar Carwash", they could make a million bad albums, and it wouldn't change my opinion of how awesome that album is.

what? I was a kid when the whole 90s boy band thing blew up, 98 Degrees was fairly popular. Not saying they were good, exactly, but they had fans.

hahahaha, Dave Matthews Band. Add Bruce Springsteen to the mix and you've got the top 2 bands that make my husband wanna jam a rusty fork in his ear.

All the rest are pretty awful, I agree with the list :P

Most of those bands are just cool to hate. I don't want to be cool for hating something. Most of them are dismissible, but if folks want to listen to them then to each his own. As Rush fans we know what it is like to be devoted to a hated band. Give those people with bad taste a little slack, they just haven't heard Moving Pictures yet. ;)
  • Like 2

Most of those bands are just cool to hate. I don't want to be cool for hating something. Most of them are dismissible, but if folks want to listen to them then to each his own. As Rush fans we know what it is like to be devoted to a hated band. Give those people with bad taste a little slack, they just haven't heard Moving Pictures yet. ;)

I wouldn't say they're cool to hate. They're just unbelievably shit.

• Like 1

There's not one band on that list that I can tolerate. The most offensive to me is John Mayer because of "Your Body is a Wonderland". That song makes me want to tear off my ears. Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 3

Interesting that no mid to late 80s hair bands made the cut.

I can't hate Nick Lachey's band though. I have to admit, I watched his MTV show with his then wife Jessica Simpson with my wife regularly. Simpson may be the dumbest person alive. Lachey, however, actually seemed like a pretty likeable guy.

Simpson may be the dumbest person alive.

In the state of Minnesota, a dolt named Bachmann is still running for the #1 position..... ;)

• Like 2

I can't hate Nick Lachey's band though. I have to admit, I watched his MTV show with his then wife Jessica Simpson with my wife regularly. Simpson may be the dumbest person alive. Lachey, however, actually seemed like a pretty likeable guy.

I had to check and see who Nick Lachey is. I'm old.

I had to check and see who Nick Lachey is. I'm old.

I'm 45. When I think about it, it's kind of sad I know who he is. I'd like to blame my wife, but that wouldn't be true. I actually laughed at his show quite a bit.

• Like 1

Well... all I can say is I've never heard of 98 Degrees, Insane Clown Posse, Train or Phish.

Where have you been then? lol

• Like 2

Uuuuhhh... "hate" is such a harsh word.

With that said, i hate a lot of those bands.

They could have included Slipknot. Its weird, but ive been thinking a lot about that band lately. Maybe because i liked it when i was 12 years old, but then i turned 13.

But yeah, i dont have lot of love for it now.

Edited by Akron162

I think this list appears to look like the writer is really stroking his ego as he slams these bands. I mean sure it is easy to really slam those bands but he does not really give any good credible statements to list.

I mean his thoughts on Creed are just have pop culture reference that no one may understand. I mean, I'm not a Creed fan though I really love Mark Tremonti, Brian Marshall, Scott Phillips and their work with Myles Kennedy in Alter Bridge, so obviously, if I see anyone slamming Creed without being very constructive, it just seems to look even weaker and more hated than the bands the writer is slamming.

I mean, really, what was so hated about Creed? Music? Scott Stapp's BS? The way they compose themselves? I believe those are the kind of things that should be mentioned as oppose to "Listening to even one song by Creed invokes a sea of nausea, as if your brain is fried from watching “Two and a Half Men” reruns for 24 hours." What does that mean to people that do not get it?

As for everything else, this writer is really bias against the 90s music act. I'm sure there are a good amount of 80s glam bands that gets even more hatred than those bands, and, yes, I even heard of 98 Degrees. My sister played their music and other boy bands music that kinda corrupted me during my childhood before I found bands like Alter Bridge and Rush that made me really happy about listening to music.

this writer is really bias against the 90s music act.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks these particular acts are shit. And they are. Total & utter shit.

All right, I understand that. Why are they crap?

this writer is really bias against the 90s music act.

Maybe, just maybe, he thinks these particular acts are shit. And they are. Total & utter shit.

All right, I understand that. Why are they crap?

They are derivative and uninspired. They come across self-conscious in their performances. They mimic their contemporaries and their influences to embarassing lengths. They appear to lack sincerity. And most of the songs suck.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

I remember 98 Degrees but never were a fan of that genre.

I listened to Creed back then, and even thought Nickelback's This Is How You Remind Me were good. I was a fan of Limp Bizkit too. Even a band like Staind.

But then I grew up! I can't stand pop-punk, Black Eyed Piss, The Boo Hoo Dolls, and all that crap. What the hell was I thinking :banghead:

Now, see, I give those statements with a lot more credibility than the statements the writer of that article made. Although, I'm sure the writer does not really care about making constructive thoughts. Just likes to make statements that could get those hits. Edited by Anguyen92