Rush's End Game

losingit2k

They should only play in church basements and Sadie Hawkins dances.

Anybody see Me First & the Gimme Gimme's Ruin Johnny's Bat Mitzvah?-- something along those lines with Alex getting drunk and tased at the end.

They should only play in church basements and Sadie Hawkins dances.

Anybody see Me First & the Gimme Gimme's Ruin Johnny's Bat Mitzvah?-- something along those lines with Alex getting drunk and tased at the end.

Man, if Rush had played in my high school dances, five years ago, I would have totally go to these bloody dances.

Back then, I opposed going to school dances and I saw good vindication in my actions. People were apparently humping each other or something. Pretty much, they were doing the thing that was the dance trend before twerking, whatever that is. Apparently, it was such a pretty unappealing and appalling thing to do during a dance that my French Teacher (who chaperoned the dance), pretty much discussed this during the 1st 15 min. of the class the following Monday.

Now, if Rush came to my school dance, in my time, there would have been none of that. Probably, all of the people there would probably be at the back of the room, not humping each other, and I would have been up front, near the stage, doing this :clap: or :notworthy: or :haz: or :ebert: or :guitar:.

Man, it that actually happened, I would have turned out better than I am now.

As for the main topic, I don't think Rush would ever do something all big and larger-than-life that is a "Farewell Tour". They'll just keep going with what they do best. Releasing albums if they can and doing tours on those albums or do some sort of theme tour to commemorate something. The only time I can see them not touring is if any of them don't feel that they can give it that 100% we expect them to bring on a every other night basis.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 1

I don't thin "WE'LL" know when it's their last tour.... maybe the LAST SHOW when it's happening. maybe not....but I don't think they'll advertise the tour as such.

I could see them doing an R40-something kind of tour, playing more "hits" less "new album" stuff on the next venture....but I wouldn't put it past them to just keep going on the occasional tour until they just say "that WAS it"!

I hope that wasn't it! I would really like to see them at least on one more tour maybe in 2015 when they can play Permanent Waves in its Entirety for its 35th anniversary. Come on guys at least give us the chance to hear and live through Jacob's Ladder one more time. Different String would be nice too. That solo was faded out much too quickly in the studio. :codger:

• Like 1

At this stage in their career, there is only one band that could open for RUSH...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/11/11/1321007775001/Spinal-Tap---Christopher--007.jpg

Talk about mud flaps, my girls got 'em....

• Like 1

Reading the whole thread, these are my thoughts

I dont think they will do a farewell tour advirtised as a Farewell tour. But I do think they understand very well the loyalty of their fanbase through the years and how they had a pivotal role in getting them to the RnR HoF . So i think they will let the fans know, in some way that there is a damn good chance that xyz tour is the end so people can see them one more time. (or 4 in my case).

I dont think it would ever be a tour of just prior songs, i think it would include at least some new songs, They are a band that likes to make new stuff and pave new roads, always. R30 even had new recordings.

permanent waves would be a nice last tour album, but I would settle for just Jacobs Ladder and Natural Science. Even Grace Under Pressure or Signals would be awesome to hear live. I dont think it would be moving pictures again. Or 2112. They played all of 2112 (song not album) in 1997.

I kinda think the end of Rush will be some cathartic event with neil, if it isnt a planned thing. He speaks often of how a motorcycle accident could do him in. He also might just miss his second go round of family and decide its all about them now.

I am fine with them going down to a 2 hour set at this point, recognizing their ages, but it owuld be nice if they did that , not to hear some of the songs that we have heard on EVERY tour... i could live without tom sawyer, spirit of radio, limelight. Great songs, but i have heard them 30 times now.

I think they have the self deprecating humor that they would play "losing it" on their last tour.

I dont see the string thing happening again, and i didnt find it that useful on this tour.

I think they seemed to really enjoy being a little spontaneous on this tour. I think they will do more loose jams, instrumentals, I could see JackBlack, Paul Rudd, the foofighters guys, having a role as entertainment somehow tied in.

But I think they definitely do want to write music always pretour- i dont think they want to just do a tour of hits. Though i think Ray Danniels is pushing that, an R40-strike-while-the-iron-is-hot, i think they resist alot of the purely commercial ideas he comes up with.

I think alof of the 70s stuff is gone forever. too much strain on Geddys voice. I am fine with reviving 80s stuff. particularly moreso early 80s stuff....

my two cents....

• Like 4

Reading the whole thread, these are my thoughts

I dont think they will do a farewell tour advirtised as a Farewell tour. But I do think they understand very well the loyalty of their fanbase through the years and how they had a pivotal role in getting them to the RnR HoF . So i think they will let the fans know, in some way that there is a damn good chance that xyz tour is the end so people can see them one more time. (or 4 in my case).

I dont think it would ever be a tour of just prior songs, i think it would include at least some new songs, They are a band that likes to make new stuff and pave new roads, always. R30 even had new recordings.

permanent waves would be a nice last tour album, but I would settle for just Jacobs Ladder and Natural Science. Even Grace Under Pressure or Signals would be awesome to hear live. I dont think it would be moving pictures again. Or 2112. They played all of 2112 (song not album) in 1997.

I kinda think the end of Rush will be some cathartic event with neil, if it isnt a planned thing. He speaks often of how a motorcycle accident could do him in. He also might just miss his second go round of family and decide its all about them now.

I am fine with them going down to a 2 hour set at this point, recognizing their ages, but it owuld be nice if they did that , not to hear some of the songs that we have heard on EVERY tour... i could live without tom sawyer, spirit of radio, limelight. Great songs, but i have heard them 30 times now.

I think they have the self deprecating humor that they would play "losing it" on their last tour.

I dont see the string thing happening again, and i didnt find it that useful on this tour.

I think they seemed to really enjoy being a little spontaneous on this tour. I think they will do more loose jams, instrumentals, I could see JackBlack, Paul Rudd, the foofighters guys, having a role as entertainment somehow tied in.

But I think they definitely do want to write music always pretour- i dont think they want to just do a tour of hits. Though i think Ray Danniels is pushing that, an R40-strike-while-the-iron-is-hot, i think they resist alot of the purely commercial ideas he comes up with.

I think alof of the 70s stuff is gone forever. too much strain on Geddys voice. I am fine with reviving 80s stuff. particularly moreso early 80s stuff....

my two cents....

Very Well put KC, I specifically like the line "I think they have the self deprecating humor that they would play "losing it" on their last tour. " For your mouth to God's Ears! Or in this case Ray Danniel's! Regardless, I think it would be a fitting song to play on their last tour.

:clap:

Regarding Ray Danniel's desire for an R40 Tour is really not to far off the ball. They aren't getting any younger. If they start in June it would give them 10 months off which is plenty of time to recharge those tired old batteries of theirs. As for new songs, they just release VT remixed. They could just play several songs from that album not played live before. (Vapor Trails, Sweet Miracle, New version of Ceiling Unlimted). Couple that with some other unplayed songs like Cut to the Chase and Chain Lighning and you have a whole bunch of new stuff. And if some actual new songs are required just record two new instrumentals and release them on a compilation album of all instrumentals and tour on that. That would really save Geddy's Voice! Anyway, I kinda hyped about RUSH future right now sothere you have it!

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Maybe all this stuff they're saying about not touring for a couple of years is to get everybody chomping at the bit so when they do announce a tour sooner than that people are going to be all excited and ready to go. :)
  • Like 2

We all know that RUSH doesn't have to many years left in them as a Touring Band. After reading many of the posts in other threads many here think that the Clockwork Angles Tour might have been it. I personally don't think so. Which brings me to the point of this thread. How would you as a fan like to see RUSH end their great and illustrious career. I would like them to release two new songs like they did with the Time Machine and actually announce that they will be embarking on their final tour called: A Farewell to Fans Tour." Now here is the kicker they only pick about 15 to 16 locations in major centralized cities and play stadiums with two good opening Acts. Additionally, they should bring along the string section and additional guest vocalist to tackle songs they've haven't played in ages like Hemispheres and Something for Nothing. Say Amy Mann for Time Stand Still or Ben Mink for Losing it. They should also include actual guest stars to introduce some of their songs. Like Count Floyd to introduce Witch Hunt or the I Love you Man guys to introduce Limelight. Their stage set up should rival that of any Pink Floyd or Genesis concert and should include all their previous props like The Rabbits for Show Don't Tell and Lasers for Test For Echo and YYZ. Basically the best show ever! They should make it an event! Anyway that my take on things, How would you like to see them go out? :codger:

The title of this thread brought me here immediately. Glad I didn't have to bring up The Unspeakable. :ph34r:

Personally, I would like to see them do something online for a worldwide audience. It's amazing how far we've come, in case you guys haven't noticed. I remember the early Internet days and how the Rush-themed sites were always ahead of the other music sites. :rush: fans are a pretty resourceful bunch, and I'm sure that a think tank could be set up just for this one project.

Crap, what am I thinking?? They probably thought of it already and Neil has the plans locked away somewhere in a fireproof vault. Seriously, though, my idea? Probably what losingit2k mentioned, but maybe with a different title.

• Like 2

We all know that RUSH doesn't have to many years left in them as a Touring Band. After reading many of the posts in other threads many here think that the Clockwork Angles Tour might have been it. I personally don't think so. Which brings me to the point of this thread. How would you as a fan like to see RUSH end their great and illustrious career. I would like them to release two new songs like they did with the Time Machine and actually announce that they will be embarking on their final tour called: A Farewell to Fans Tour." Now here is the kicker they only pick about 15 to 16 locations in major centralized cities and play stadiums with two good opening Acts. Additionally, they should bring along the string section and additional guest vocalist to tackle songs they've haven't played in ages like Hemispheres and Something for Nothing. Say Amy Mann for Time Stand Still or Ben Mink for Losing it. They should also include actual guest stars to introduce some of their songs. Like Count Floyd to introduce Witch Hunt or the I Love you Man guys to introduce Limelight. Their stage set up should rival that of any Pink Floyd or Genesis concert and should include all their previous props like The Rabbits for Show Don't Tell and Lasers for Test For Echo and YYZ. Basically the best show ever! They should make it an event! Anyway that my take on things, How would you like to see them go out? :codger:

The title of this thread brought me here immediately. Glad I didn't have to bring up The Unspeakable. :ph34r:

Personally, I would like to see them do something online for a worldwide audience. It's amazing how far we've come, in case you guys haven't noticed. I remember the early Internet days and how the Rush-themed sites were always ahead of the other music sites. :rush: fans are a pretty resourceful bunch, and I'm sure that a think tank could be set up just for this one project.

Crap, what am I thinking?? They probably thought of it already and Neil has the plans locked away somewhere in a fireproof vault. Seriously, though, my idea? Probably what losingit2k mentioned, but maybe with a different title.

Yeah a world wide internet simulcast of their last show would be awesome. Like that everyone can kinda experience it!

• Like 1

Yeah a world wide internet simulcast of their last show would be awesome. Like that everyone can kinda experience it!

Would love a Simulcast on a Rush-run site, and not just the last show, a couple of shows would work even better. At least 3, A, B, and last

• Like 1

Would love a Simulcast on a Rush-run site, and not just the last show, a couple of shows would work even better. At least 3, A, B, and last

The more the merrier!