TRF Appreciation Thread - Spread The Love

The Analog Grownup

This place is awesome and folks like those posting in here make it the place to be. Rush was the start of the relationships I have made here, it's a small part of them now.

I've been here for over 3 years now.... Wow

• Like 2

I've been here for over 3 years now.... Wow

And you STILL don't have 10,000 posts? :wtf:

Every one of my posts is of the utmost quality. Take my word for it... don't go looking

• Like 2

Ewwww.... :LOL:

I was one of the original members. I joined just days after TRF was created. I've made some damn good friends here.

I had to take a break to heal from the terrible things going on in my life, and now I'm back. There's new friends to be made, and old friends to reconnect with and the friendships are stronger than ever. :wub:

I love this place. It's home.

A TRF Vet! :notworthy:

I sometimes envy you all, because eventually you're bound to run into a fellow Rush fan. I haven't had that pleasure yet, as I haven't met one yet in my 29 years of existence. And my mom doesn't count :eyeroll:

Some of us have to work hard to get to the gatherings. :( I rarely run into a Rush fan, but just found out my neighbor friend is a fan... Her ex husband took their boys to the concert that I missed. Grrrr....

Sure, your mom counts! I've listened to Rush since I was a baby and my daddy would play them. I've loved them since. I even took him to the last Rush concert I went to in 09 for Fathers day. He loved it! It was a great Father/Daughter moment I will never forget.

:wub:

I just figured the odds would be higher for you over in the states and Canada ;)

Now that you mention it, I was introduced to Rush by my father who had bought the Rush In Rio dvd, and we would watch it over and over. I actually didn't get them at first, but that tends to be a good sign, since they would then sink much deeper in. My mom loves them and my brother is having the utmost respect for them, and a growing admiration too. I'm happy I have a family that understands my love for Rush, and even can relate :)

The only thing that bothers me is that I never got to see a Rush show with my dad :(

:hug2:
  • Like 1

Most of the people on here seemed to be WAY ABOVE the fray, intellectually. It's nice to be able to carry on thought-provoking conversations without a bunch of name-calling. Even the people I sometimes disagree with are civil about it.
  • Like 2

I had to look up how long I've been here - 7 years now. While I've had spikes and valleys in terms of posting, it's always been my online home since I joined. There are great people here and the group that's runs this forum are top notch.
  • Like 2

I joined while looking for a leak of BU2B and Caravan before they were released. I abandoned the account when I realized there was none to be found here. When I came back for whatever reason when concert tickets went on sale I found one of the kindest and open minded communities I've seen on the internet. I came for Rush and stayed for everything else. Goober's listening parties became one of the highlights of my week. It's too bad we don't have some kind of listening party/chat get together any more. Still, everyone is still around so it's close enough, just not updated in real time :P

:cheers: You guys are awesome.

• Like 1

I had to look up how long I've been here - 7 years now. While I've had spikes and valleys in terms of posting, it's always been my online home since I joined. There are great people here and the group that's runs this forum are top notch.

Ya Im on 7 years here as well.

:cheers: Buddy :)

• Like 1

I come here to look at Ancient Ways' signature. The year before that I was aimless

Speaking of sigs, every time I see the towers in yours all I can think about is Catherine zeta jones practicing moving through the "lasers" in entrapment. Great movie.

I come here to look at Ancient Ways' signature. The year before that I was aimless

Speaking of sigs, every time I see the towers in yours all I can think about is Catherine zeta jones practicing moving through the "lasers" in entrapment. Great movie.

Ah yes. That fun trip to Kuala Lumpur and the Petronas Towers mingles with mental images of Zeta Jones' supple and delicious body bending over.

I'm the only Rush fan I know in person. That could explain why they have never come to eastern Washington for a concert even though we have three superb venues at which they could have one.

And since I am a young senior citizen ( ;) :LOL: ), Rush introduced me to themselves when they made their debut on NYC FM stations in the seventies. :rush: :ebert:

You're close to me! I'm in Gladstone. Well, not right now. I'm at work. :LOL: My dad lives up in the Seattle area. He's head radarman that helps guide ships through the sound. :ebert:

gladstone? which state? also, do you work for farmers?

• Like 1

Ah yes. That fun trip to Kuala Lumpur and the Petronas Towers mingles with mental images of Zeta Jones' supple and delicious body bending over.

Please....oh GOD suddenly I am remembering all the horribly adult things my dad has said about Catherine Zeta-Jones LMAO make it stop! :boohoo: bahahaha

Please....oh GOD suddenly I am remembering all the horribly adult things my dad has said about Catherine Zeta-Jones LMAO make it stop! :boohoo: bahahaha

Kiss of death Johnny, we are reminders girls of their dads....