"Black In Black" V. "Electric" V. "High 'N Dry" Three Guitar Driven Albums. Sort Of Sound Similar But Are They? "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO"

RUSHHEAD666

Get In The Ring! Part 666! AC/DC V. DEF LEPPARD V. THE CULT!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Rocks Your Fukking Brains Out The Most???????

• "Back In Black" AC/DC
    • "Electric" THE CULT
    • "High 'N Dry" DEF LEPPARD
    • None of these overplayed commercial albums of SHITE! Give Me RUSH, GENESIS, MARILLION and WET DREAM THEATER!!!

Hey guys and dolls!

I just listened to "Back In Black," "Electric" and "High 'N Dry" tonight.

To my old ears I hear a lot of of the same thing on all three records. Heavy melodic guitar riffs.

I will not that "Love Removal Machine" by The Cult reminds me a lot of the Stones "Start Me Up."

Anyway what is your take on these three classic albums?

Which one is your favorite of of the three?

As many of you over the years who know me you know I hate the Brian Johnson MK of AC/DC. While "Back In Black" is an overplayed gem, I can't stand his vocals. He is pure shit in my mind. (Believe me I know he is a nice guy but vocally he sucks) JMO

Bon Scott was the REAL DEAL.

So for me it's a toss up between "Electric" by The Cult and Def Leppard's "High 'N Dry." I know many of you hate Def Leppard on this forum. Leppard's first three albums are excellent. After that they shite the bed.

The Cult are currently touring in the USA and they are playing "Electric" all the way through. Of course they are skipping the Bay Area so I am very pissed off.

I am blasting the new "Electric" reissue with a bonus "Peace" disc. You must get this ASAP!

Now that I think about it. "Electric" gets my vote.

Even Ian's cover of "Born To Be Wild" kicks fukking ass. Blows away Blue Oyster Cult's version and I love them too.

Signed,

Soft White Underbelly

Do I really need to say it??

I am madly in love with BOTH versions on AC/DC- Brian Johnson, man I love him. Bon Scott is my fave singer of all time, hands down, but I love them both.

BIB for me ;)

Since I've never heard Electric before and don't plan to any time soon, this poll is pretty much the same as the Back In Black vs. High N Dry one you did awhile back. My vote goes to Back In Black. Edited by J2112YYZ

Earl, do I remember a thread by you in the past comparing Back in Black against High and Dry??

do you think the addition of 'Electric" will change my decision??

NO NO NO NO NO!!! (..now cue that killer riff!)

:cheers:

EARL'S back! And he's back to stay!

He's ready for the new football season, the Raiders are gonna cause problems for someone!

Earl truly is Back in Black, but in his case it's Back in Silver and Black!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/082/0/5/oakland_raiders_by_td4six1961-d4tqbxj.jpg

Edited by treeduck

For some reason I feel this poll really should be more like The Black Album V. Breakin' 2 - Electric Boogaloo soundtrack V. Hi And Mighty-The Story Of Al Green.

No no no no, that's just too silly. Sorry everyone.

All three are great albums Earl. Back in Black is arguably AC/DC's masterpiece though, with no down moments. Electric and High N Dry have some filler. So it's Back in Black.

Put Pyromania in there, however, and Back in Black would go down.

Loving Electric Peace though.

• Like 1

Back in Black is arguably AC/DC's masterpiece though, with no down moments.

Masterpiece? Wow, if you say so. I find it very overrated actually with a lot of mediocrity. Still has one of the best openers though.

Masterpiece? Wow, if you say so. I find it very overrated actually with a lot of mediocrity. Still has one of the best openers though.

You needn't take my word for it. I would be willing to bet you a fair amount of money that more people would agree with my characterization of Back in Black than yours. Probably exponentially more.

You needn't take my word for it. I would be willing to bet you a fair amount of money that more people would agree with my characterization of Back in Black than yours. Probably exponentially more.

Here we go... :eyeroll: :bitchslap: :LOL:

Pfffft, I'm not even going there, don't worry TD, just saying. You can't even compare that production to the glory days of Bon, even the band admits it now. Laughable really and why it's a waste of time getting into it.

Pfffft, I'm not even going there, don't worry TD, just saying. You can't even compare that production to the glory days of Bon, even the band admits it now. Laughable really and why it's a waste of time getting into it.

How's it laughable? I've never heard the band say that Back in Black can't compare to Bon's stuff.

If it's a waste of time, why bring it up? I posted my opinion. If you don't share it, I'm happy to hear why.

Is Powerage their best album in your view?

I'm sorry your feelings are still hurt. You're not going to follow me into threads screaming that you don't know who I am again, are you?

I will note that "Love Removal Machine" by The Cult reminds me a lot of the Stones "Start Me Up."

Yeah, except it doesn't suck at all, let alone all the way through.

I only like AC/DC with Bon Scott -- the rest is radio play junk :finbar:

I think the LOVE album from the Cult is better :finbar:

Never Got Def Lep

I'm sorry your feelings are still hurt. You're not going to follow me into threads screaming that you don't know who I am again, are you?

No need to apologise, although it is probably something you should practice... ;)

And yes I know who you are now, I recognise your posting style and the type of conversation you tend to get involved in... :hi:

No need to apologise, although it is probably something you should practice... ;)

And yes I know who you are now, I recognise your posting style and the type of conversation you tend to get involved in... :hi:

Thanks for the advice. :notworthy: