Levin Minnemann Rudess

Yes, I know...it´s a busy time for a Dream Theater freak like me. Anyway, the collaboration between Marco Minnemann (who auditioned for DT and is now with his own band The Aristocrats), Jordan Rudess and Tony Levin (both were in Liquid Tension) has just been announced. Here´s the first sample:
  • Like 4

No guitarist... :(

Minnemann is playing guitar in addition to drums.

Hey, I just noticed ou´re on the DT Forum as well. I joined it last week - at least now there´s one familiar face over there. :cheers:

• Like 1

Hey, I just noticed ou´re on the DT Forum as well. I joined it last week - at least now there´s one familiar face over there. :cheers:

:cheers: :haz:

Does that mean that you two are gonna be hiding over there from now on? :smoke:

He can play a little bit but not on the same level as his virtuoso pals can play bass and keys and him drums..

I´ve never heard him play...but if you´re putting on a project like that, why not getting a proper guitar player?

He can play a little bit but not on the same level as his virtuoso pals can play bass and keys and him drums..

I´ve never heard him play...but if you´re putting on a project like that, why not getting a proper guitar player?

Exactly, seems like self-indulgence to me.

Exactly, seems like self-indulgence to me.

Saying that it's self indulgent not to have a guitarist would be like saying The Aristocrats (for example) are self indulgent since they don't have a keyboardist. There's no rule that says that all bands must have a guitarist.

I wouldn´t go as far as saying it´s self indulgence...it´s more like a lost opportunity to kick even more a$$. MAybe they didn´t want it to seem like Liquid Tension part II, but then why adding guitars played by a drummer? Anyway, the first sample sounds awesom, can´t wait to hear the full thing!

I wouldn´t go as far as saying it´s self indulgence...it´s more like a lost opportunity to kick even more a$$. MAybe they didn´t want it to seem like Liquid Tension part II, but then why adding guitars played by a drummer? Anyway, the first sample sounds awesom, can´t wait to hear the full thing!

Who knows, maybe the guitar is minimal and they felt the music didn't need a full time guitarist? :huh:

But yeah, the sample does sound awesome!!

Think about the possibilities: Levin Minnemann Rudess Vai; Levin Minnemann Rudess Eric Johnson; Levin Minnemann Rudess Likather; Levin Minnemann Rudess Scott Henderson...

How about LMR & John Petrucci?

Think about the possibilities: Levin Minnemann Rudess Vai; Levin Minnemann Rudess Eric Johnson; Levin Minnemann Rudess Likather; Levin Minnemann Rudess Scott Henderson...

How about LMR & John Petrucci?

It would sound awesome, but too similar to Liquid Tension. Maybe Paul Gilbert or Vinnie Moore would be good choices as well. Gilbert has played with Minneman, and Moore has played with Jordan. Heck, even Trevor Rabin would be cool - he was the one meant to play in Liquid Tension to begin with, but couldn´t do it due to confllicts in schedule.

Heck, even Trevor Rabin would be cool - he was the one meant to play in Liquid Tension to begin with, but couldn´t do it due to confllicts in schedule.

I never knew that. I know Portnoy wanted Dimebag Darrell at one point too.

I think it´s on the liner notes of the first LTE CD.