Vapor Trails Remix: The Poll - Will you retire your 2002 messy mix copy, once you have the shiny new WHITE remix

treeduck

Vapor Trails Remix: The Poll  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Once you have the new VT remix will you retire your old 2002 copy?

• YES, I can't wait to file it away under WITHDRAWN FROM RuSh SERVICE
    • No, I have a feeling this new mix will sound less energized, weaker, empty somehow
    • I think I'll be playing both, sometimes back to back!
    • I may put them together in a 2 CD jewel case and create a VT double album
    • I'm not buying the new remix, I like the old one as it is
    • I hate the album regardless of mixing or mastering, the songs f***ing suck! Yes I am rushgoober, of course!
    • I hate the album, I agree that it is a piece of shit, but I'm not rushgoober...
    • I have a feeling I'll start off loving the new mix but eventually revert back to the 2002 edition
    • I'm going to perform numerous sound tests to determine the best version
    • I'll buy it, I don't really care about the mix, I just want to add it to my RUSH collection
    • I may not buy it, I haven't thought much about it yet
    • My name is METALDAD, it's a cash-in job, selling the same album and hoping for the same sales figures just because they f*cked up the mix
    • My name is EARL "Master of Japan" RUSHHEAD, I currently have 79 different editions of the new VT on order!
    • My name is Steevo, I need this album, it makes me hard!
    • My name is Hatchet Pete, this is another opportunity to use my vinyl-hole sized knob!
    • My name is Rick N Backer, I love Poison, they sound like Van Halen!
    • My name is Tick, I want to try and exploit this release event to my own advantage!
    • My name is Babycat, I just want to lap milk from a bowl in front of naked men!
    • My name is coldfire I once challenged Neil Peart to a masturbation marathon, and I came out on top, literally!
    • My name is Johnny Blaze, I just want to slap something on the stereo when I'm banging the Blaze harem girls!
    • My name is Neil Peart, this album is going to fund my new career as a male lap dancer!
    • Alex Laughfson here, this album will keep me in cakes for exactly 3 months
    • Jeddie Lee here, this album will pay for that nose job I've been putting off for decades
    • Tony R here, I'm fat, I'm f*cked and I'm 50, come and get me girls!!!
    • Principled Man here, this year the mighty SAINTS are gonna be brilliant and dominate the NFL!
    • Lost in Xanadu here, this year the Packers are gonna suck dead donkey dong
    • hello I'm Laughedatbytime, the Dolphins new uniform makes me fcuking blind and sick at the same time!
    • The OWL checking in, I've bought the remixed Vapor Trails ten million times in my dreams! I'm just scared that reality will be a bit of a letdown
    • H. P. L. here, I remixed the album myself in 1979, yes more than a decade before it was even released! Ghost Rider is called Happy Days are Here Again on my copy!
    • I am HOBO I like gluing plastic bottles to my crotch and humping ladies in the park!
    • Lerxt1990 here, what remix? What the devil is going on? I'm busy collecting new life from Mars on my bacon sandwich via my back yard porch swing...
    • Eddie Van Halen here, a couple of my albums are brick-walled to death too
    • Cosey Toses here, what? ME buy another copy of Vapid Trolls? I'd rather have my bollocks stapled to an angry baboon's arse!
    • Pags here, look I'm a FIREMAN, I can deal with it, I can deal with a bad mix, I can deal with muddy production values. A bad mix it's like smoke in a burning building ok? And I can see right through it to the love in the people inside!
    • Sunny Sunny Sun girl here, I'll be Geddy's pin-up girl any time he wants it! Neil is creepy now though so he'll have to just deal with that, Alex is my second choice!

This is kind of a stupid thread. How can we know the answer to this question until it actually comes out?

New around here?

Not hardly. I guess I should know better.

:D

He'll yeah! Specially after hearing it off the RS site! I have a new appreciation for many songs I couldn't get into prior because of the mix. Songs like Ceiling Unlimited, Peaceable Kingdom, Stars Look Down, How it Is and Freeze! Now I truly, want to hear the Fear Quadrilogy played live! Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Now that I have the remix, I can say yes! I can't see that I'll want to listen to the original any more, and the remix is already a favourite. I think I'll retire the 2002 version with honours. :yes:
  • Like 2

Yes, I will most definitely trade out the bad copy with the good copy. ;)

What I will do to the original Vapor Trails disk:

1. Throw it down onto the hard concrete outside
  2. Pour a crap load of lighter fluid on the damned thing
  3. Light it up!!!
  4. Go back inside
  5. Pop that fresh, new remix CD in the player
  6. Jam out
  7. :haz:

• Like 1

Since I got the CD on Friday I played the shit out of the album. I listened to it on my system in the living room, in my mini studio, on my headphones and on the walkman. It's fantastic and there's no way that I can ever go back to the 2002 release. This remix rocks endlessly. :outtahere:
  • Like 2

The remix is definitely replacing the 2002 original - on my iTunes, on my iPod, and in my car's CD player. The original is dead to me!

When I was burning the CD to iTunes, it wanted to label all the songs "One Little Victory (Remix)," "Ceiling Unlimited (Remix)," etc. I changed the title of each, deleting "remix" from the titles. As far as I'm concerned these ARE the songs now, as they should've been from the beginning.

Well since I don't have my own post option, I will say that, yes, I've ditched my old copy of VT for the remix. I am making sweet luvins to this remix. It is fantastic.

Is there no Janie option? Hmmm that must have been when you were TRF AWOL. I never thought you'd see this poll! ;)

I've discovered that "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" is a good "test album" for sound quality. My vinyl still trumps the CD version which is missing some music in some of the songs.

I heard the same thing about Steely Dan albums being superior in sound and great for testing your new stereo equipment.. Maybe so but I doubt could make it through a entire Steely Dan album.. :zzz:

I won't get rid of the original cd and vinyl, but I'll never play them again. Ever.

Playing the remix again. God, it's a fricking treasure trove of aural delights. Haken, Maschine, Arctic Monkeys & the new Big Big Train EP will have to wait.

Yes I'll be keeping the album it'll just be retired. It served it's purpose.

I just got rid of the Remix. Kept the original. Doesn't matter it never get's playtime in my house anyway. Piece of puke, lol

Mick

This of course^^^^^.... :outtahere:
  • Like 1

I just got rid of the Remix. Kept the original. Doesn't matter it never get's playtime in my house anyway. Piece of puke, lol

Mick

Just to add. I have never heard the original. I can't even fathom.....

Mick

Just to add. I have never heard the original. I can't even fathom.....

It's unbelievable. A stunning Achievement. Unfortunatly it's an achievement in how not make a record, lol

Mick

• Like 1